Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 26 65.0%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He was well past it before the Bombers booted him. Going to GWS was an AFL marketing ploy. Mark Williams was the man doing all the work.
Still Sheedy was a big name and helped setup that club for success. As the front man for the media.

Turning up to press conferences getting whacked by 100 most weeks and letting your win% as a coach down the drain takes a lot to let your ego down and cop it on the chin.

GWS first 2 years were worse then GC but long term they had the benefits of experience coaching from the start to guide them through and trust the path they were going.

Year 1 -
GC 3 wins - 56.27%
GWS 2 wins - 46.17%

Year 2
GC 3 wins - 60.82%
GWS 1 win - 50.97%

Exactly, he was coach of GWS to try and build some relevance. He didn't hold them back, but West Coast don't need to hire a coach for marketing. Their best bet IMO would be to try and get a young-ish coach in and build relationships with the new generation, not getting an old man in.
Why not go back to the future with Malthouse & Sumich

Wayne Bennett is still coaching in the Rugby League and he is 74 which is 3 years older then Mick.

The perfect succession Plan

Malthouse for 3 years with Sumich to take over in 2028.

Get the band back together.

1722566978217.png 1722567307933.png

Wayne Bennett is still coaching in the Rugby League and he is 74 which is 3 years older then Mick.

View attachment 2066046View attachment 2066056

I mean for pure lols that would just about be the best scenario.

I get what you're saying but clearly he didn't break any club rules around consumption of alcohol and that being the case he simply made a mistake.

Reminds me of the Big Show spending six hours in the heat playing golf and then thinking a quick eight beers would be manageable.
With his history, if he hasn’t broken any contractual obligations they’re kidding themselves.

I get what you're saying but clearly he didn't break any club rules around consumption of alcohol and that being the case he simply made a mistake.

Reminds me of the Big Show spending six hours in the heat playing golf and then thinking a quick eight beers would be manageable.
Well in the 'Shows case he was just doing what we've always done. He just forgot he's 35 now. Stengle is 10 years younger, but after a long day in hot Geelong July Sun... Wait, what?

Didnt work for the Gold Coast with Guy McKenna.

I would argue Sheedy going to GWS and taking the bullets for 2 years helped them setup a good run.

Leon Cameron didn't take advantage of it.

You could say they were gifted a lot of Draft picks but so were the Suns so its not like it guarantees success whatsoever.

I think an experienced coach is the way to go from Day 1 for startup clubs.
Shouldn’t be looking for immediate success . Build dynasty

Geez Suma has aged badly since his heyday.

Because nrl has no tactics.
It simply has shaved gorillas running forwards, but throwing backwards and only kicking after they tackle as many as they have fingers on their hand

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i know Melbourne arent much chop but **** me, Dogs are incredible at the moment. I have them way above anyone else on form (yes, including Brisbane).
Dogs' strongest area directly against Melbourne's current weakest area is exacerbating that a bit.

Two games on a Friday night seems unusual?
They've done that because people pointed out how unfair it was that some teams missed out on Friday night games. However one of the benefits of the Friday night game is exposure to a large national audience, which doesn't happen when you're in the second Friday night game. We've had two this year against Adelaide and Sydney.

They've done that because people pointed out how unfair it was that some teams missed out on Friday night games. However one of the benefits of the Friday night game is exposure to a large national audience, which doesn't happen when you're in the second Friday night game. We've had two this year against Adelaide and Sydney.
Friday night games are such a pain to get to in Perth

I kind of understand Snuff's thumbdown even if I wasn't suggesting I would be happy letting Draper go.

FreoGirl's hatred for Bolton is obviously atomic, I wanted to say more about that but it isn't worth the backlash.

I kind of understand Snuff's thumbdown even if I wasn't suggesting I would be happy letting Draper go.

FreoGirl's hatred for Bolton is obviously atomic, I wanted to say more about that but it isn't worth the backlash.
Sorry, but not even a discussion. We have the pucks, take em or leave em

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back