Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 26 65.0%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I kind of understand Snuff's thumbdown even if I wasn't suggesting I would be happy letting Draper go.

FreoGirl's hatred for Bolton is obviously atomic, I wanted to say more about that but it isn't worth the backlash.
I do not hate Bolton. I really enjoyed his football when he was younger. I dislike what we would have to give up to get him, and am concerned he wont be as hungry for a GF win now that he has one, that his age might be too high for the current group, and how much $$ he will be chasing for someone drafted until 2028.

Draper is our future and much needed for our backline. Getting rid of Draper would be robbing Peter to pay Paul and would leave our backline depleted.

Still Sheedy was a big name and helped setup that club for success. As the front man for the media.

Turning up to press conferences getting whacked by 100 most weeks and letting your win% as a coach down the drain takes a lot to let your ego down and cop it on the chin.

GWS first 2 years were worse then GC but long term they had the benefits of experience coaching from the start to guide them through and trust the path they were going.

Year 1 -
GC 3 wins - 56.27%
GWS 2 wins - 46.17%

Year 2
GC 3 wins - 60.82%
GWS 1 win - 50.97%

GWS also had the benefit of even more draft picks than GC was provided with along with a much better group of players from outside the draft (17 year old selections etc.).

Also coming in a year later was a benefit as they stayed sh** and got the better picks for 2-3 years after they started.

More good picks meant more 18 year olds playing initially but more talent available on the list once everyone got a bit older.

I actually don’t think GWS was that much better run for the first five years or so. They just had more talent gifted to them by circumstances. That meant a better culture after that which has helped GWS stay better.

Tom McDonald has been a liability for tbe Dees tonight. Absolutely spudding it up.

Goodwin needs to drag Tom McDonald off the oval.

Because nrl has no tactics.
It simply has shaved gorillas running forwards, but throwing backwards and only kicking after they tackle as many as they have fingers on their hand

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Completely wrong on tactics there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back