Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jaysus, there are a lot of quite probable scenarios over the next three weeks where we end up 9th and Hawthorn 8th. We def want Carlton to beat them this weekend.

Yep. Whilst procrastinating assignments during the week and ladder predicting so many different scenarios we would gratefully benefit from a Carlton win this weekend even tho that probably gives them top 4 thanks to their soft draw.

However we just need to keep winning

Yep. Whilst procrastinating assignments during the week and ladder predicting so many different scenarios we would gratefully benefit from a Carlton win this weekend even tho that probably gives them top 4 thanks to their soft draw.

Just keep winning and we finish top 4, don’t look at who’s below us until we lose.

If we win we want Hawks to win. If we lose want Blues to win.

100% not the team you want to be relying on. Basically hoping for Cripps and Curnow to rip it apart because nobody else is likely.
The midfield is just cooked with those Cerra, TDK and Walsh (he can barely move) injuries. It's Cripps versus the world at the moment.

Still, they are due a comeback with the talent in the 22, doing it this week (and Sydney as well) would be appreciated.

The midfield is just cooked with those Cerra, TDK and Walsh (he can barely move) injuries. It's Cripps versus the world at the moment.

Still, they are due a comeback with the talent in the 22, doing it this week (and Sydney as well) would be appreciated.
Sydney, Carlton and a Suns win on the road this week would be real nice. Even better if the Dees can remember how to football as well.

a Suns win on the road this week would be real nice.
You are more likely to step in unicorn poop
disturbing the last unicorn GIF by Channel Frederator

geez. playing WC going forward with no Barrass or McLovin (can't be far off retirement, injury forced or age-related) to play key defender is going to be delicious for everyone. They're the only ones stopping a flood of goals every week.

Should be a fun game next year.

West Coast with no Barrass or McLovin vs Richmond with no Bolton, Baker, Graham, Rioli

Booing someone who has no history against us seems like an insecure West Coast supporter act. I like the kid.

You didn’t watch the last two derby’s? He’s constantly hitting our players off the ball or arriving late to contest and running straight into them, why do you think Switta was awarded a free right in front of goal?
Add the whinging to the umps and the constant ducking for frees and he’s not very likeable

Unfortunately the Worst Coast Australian has created a Frankenstein

Every story needs a villain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be an unpopular opinion but I have zero interest in scraping into 8th place and just making up the numbers. For a WA team it's top four or bust if we actually want to do something in the finals. We don't have the luxury of finishing outside the top four and still potentially playing all our games in September at home without travel like the VIC clubs do.

If we don't finish top four we don't deserve it. Even after last weeks shitty loss we control our own destiny if we win all 3 games.

Might be an unpopular opinion but I have zero interest in scraping into 8th place and just making up the numbers. For a WA team it's top four or bust if we actually want to do something in the finals. We don't have the luxury of finishing outside the top four and still potentially playing all our games in September at home without travel like the VIC clubs do.

If we don't finish top four we don't deserve it. Even after last weeks shitty loss we control our own destiny if we win all 3 games.
Probably true. Best way to get to the grand final is to win the qualifying final and get the home Pre-lim.

Would love to see us do it but have my doubts if our best really is good enough this year. It all remains possible though.

I mean making finals > than not making finals. I get what you are saying, if we don't finish top 4 we are basically zero chance at the flag but I would still prefer to make it.

Stop thinking about yourself. The club, coaches and most importantly the players benefit from making the finals whether we win a game or not.

I still rate us a chance against any team on our day. premiers generally lurk around prelims for a couple of years before the final summit. Wild take to say there’s no point finishing 5-8

If we miss finals JL's job should be on the line.

I like the progress we have made but at a certain point you have to see results.
No it shouldn't. He has another contract for next season and we have improved. Already 12.5 wins with three rounds to go.

Knee jerk reactions from teams just missing finals don't get you anywhere, stability and patience is what breeds results. Who are you going to get to coach us?

Just heard on 9 News in Melbourne that Tarryn Thomas had a new manager, Colin Young 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back