Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Think me and you are the only few that sees that's his best position. Banners isn't a fwd. He can creep into the fwd line but that shouldn't be his starting position.
Played his best games on the wing this season. Has been invisible since the home game against the Bulldogs except for when he bobs up to kick one out on the full.

Played his best games on the wing this season. Has been invisible since the home game against the Bulldogs except for when he bobs up to kick one out on the full.
That's weird. Home game against the dogs was round 7.

Somehow he has managed to kick 20 this year by being 'invisible' . Even I don't think he is a miracle maker to be able to kick goals while being invisible lol 😂 pretty sure if a player had the power of invisibility whole playing they'd be kicking much more goals

That's weird. Home game against the dogs was round 7.

Somehow he has managed to kick 20 this year by being 'invisible' . Even I don't think he is a miracle maker to be able to kick goals while being invisible lol 😂 pretty sure if a player had the power of invisibility whole playing they'd be kicking much more goals
He's kicked 3 goals in the last 8 games. None in the last 4. He had a good start to the year but has done nothing in ages (coincidentally when he got his contract offer). You can like a player without lying about their impact.

He's kicked 3 goals in the last 8 games. None in the last 4. He had a good start to the year but has done nothing in ages (coincidentally when he got his contract offer). You can like a player without lying about their impact.
Kicked more goals than Freddy despite playing further from goals. Banfield sometimes chases and tackles too.

His best position isn’t half forward. He is woefully out of position to be using his skill and mindset. His best is link up play across half back and wing. We actually miss that.
But instead JOM is in the way. Go figure

And what position did he play the next week onwards.. work that out.
Jl is so so safe. Why change something for the sake of adding in ‘experience’.

What do we get from JOM on the weekend? 14 disposals- 1 in the last quarter- kicking it away after a free kick.

Harry McKay may have a quad injury

Guess who Adelaide have next? Port. A showdown with one week left. They would relish a spanner in the works.
This season is bonkers
Finally another team getting screwed by the fixture. Let’s hope Adelaide go extremely hard to soften them up for the following week.

Finally another team getting screwed by the fixture. Let’s hope Adelaide go extremely hard to soften them up for the following week.
I thought Adelaide looked sensational against the Doggies.

Barracking for them and WC in the same weekend will leave me needing to have one of those showers characters in movies have after being exposed to nuclear radiation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Adelaide looked sensational against the Doggies.

Barracking for them and WC in the same weekend will leave me needing to have one of those showers characters in movies have after being exposed to nuclear radiation.
disgusted ace ventura GIF

McRae is a ****ing moron.
Even if it's true, who actually, in the midst of a dummy spit, comes out and says on national TV that they get home ground umpiring? And they play 14 + games at home each year? There's no comeback now, every time they get a favourable contentious decision at the MCG people will be all over his comments.
Talk about missing the big picture.

McRae is a ****ing moron.
Even if it's true, who actually, in the midst of a dummy spit, comes out and says on national TV that they get home ground umpiring? And they play 14 + games at home each year? There's no comeback now, every time they get a favourable contentious decision at the MCG people will be all over his comments.
Talk about missing the big picture.
There's only one currency in the AFL...wins. Winning covers a multitude of sins.

It's amazing how the veneer of people like McRae starts to degrade when they're not winning and the pressure and spot light goes on them.

Didn't like him last year and nothing has changed this year. His smarmy Ted Lasso persona makes me want to scratch my own skin off and I will take great delight watching him unravel without the cloak of protection 20 odd wins provide.

There's only one currency in the AFL...wins. Winning covers a multitude of sins.

It's amazing how the veneer of people like McRae starts to degrade when they're not winning and the pressure and spot light goes on them.

Didn't like him last year and nothing has changed this year. His smarmy Ted Lasso persona makes me want to scratch my own skin off and I will take great delight watching him unravel without the cloak of protection 20 odd wins provide.
THISSSS. The Ted Lasso schtick KILLS ME. He’s just a smarmy prick and hilarious how the Ted Lasso thing is dropped when they start losing - he becomes his true self

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back