Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 28 63.6%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Prestia and Lynch helped them secure premierships, agree on Hopper and Taranto though, tried the restump and unsurprisingly it backfired, bit like us in 2018.
Taranto and hopper would be feeling a bit robbed right about now. Coach leaves after being sold the vision and now half the team wants out.

How is that unfair? They had a long period of success and are now down the bottom. Kinda the whole point of the draft is it not? What's unfair is Brisbane getting a top 5 prospect and finishing inside the top 6.
What about teams like Port trying to stay up there?
Richmond are lucky they’re a huge club, they can survive the lean times.
Not all teams can do tbat.
Just feel it’s rewarding one bad year for 3 good. Fremantle haven’t had a pick 2 since 2001.

What about teams like Port trying to stay up there?
Richmond are lucky they’re a huge club, they can survive the lean times.
Not all teams can do tbat.
Just feel it’s rewarding one bad year for 3 good. Fremantle haven’t had a pick 2 since 2001.

Eventually Port will fall, every team does (except Cotton On Geelong). The draft should be the worst teams get the best picks, I just don't see the issue.

Eventually Port will fall, every team does (except Cotton On Geelong). The draft should be the worst teams get the best picks, I just don't see the issue.
Not when you gamble picks/free agency on 4 players.
Think there should be more compensation/consequences of getting a free agent- especially one that is Tom Lynch. Combined with Riewoldt.
Geelong practically went competitive again after getting Jeremy Cameron in his prime.

Not when you gamble picks/free agency on 4 players.
Think there should be more compensation/consequences of getting a free agent- especially one that is Tom Lynch. Combined with Riewoldt.
Geelong practically went competitive again after getting Jeremy Cameron in his prime.

Not following at all tbh. What consequences do you want? Why shouldn't the worst team in the comp get the first pick?

We took Brayshaw with pick 2.
Nahh we took Brayshaw with the Suns pick 2...but it was pick 2.

art design 90s GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why what are they saying?
Can't remember exactly but things along the lines of:

Salary dump
F1 + two spuds
Extend his contract for 2 years and then they have to give him to us for a 2nd (like Grundy)
A 3rd + Mcreery

I'll admit, I don't know their board well and some of these might be jokes, but I've seen enough ridiculous **** lately to know that not all of it is.

Bit like Lobb, Hogan and Acres who were all sold a dream by RtB only to see him sacked a year later and massive upheaval at the club they had signed up with.

Not Acres. He was part of the Hill trade after Lyon and arrived in Longmuir's first season. Actually, we were the team that gave Acres a definitive role to play on a wing, and it's that role that Carlton recruited him for.

Last edited:
Didn't realise that GWS were playing WB at Mars stadium in Ballarat. Bulldogs have 8 win 4 loss 1 draw record there. GWS have a 1w 1 loss record there - a 5pt win against WB last season and 1pt loss to Gold Coast in 2021.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back