Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

My Top 3 teams I want to win the flag has changed:

1. GWS (Hogan wins the flag plus most likeable non Victorian team left)
2. Brisbane (Neale wins the flag)
3. Hawthorn (Meek wins the flag plus they're entertaining as ****)

My top 3

1. Who cares, since Freo can’t
2. Who cares, since Freo can’t
3. Who cares, since Freo can’t

8. Carlton

That Hawks side under Mitchell is just getting so much output from unheralded players - Nash, Ward, Meek, etc. Just a real surprising rebound very quickly from a "rebuild" - and such a good style of play to watch.

I'm fine with them succeeding because they haven't done anything to me personally.

Plus as I said above, I didn't realise people actual gave a **** if GWS won before us, it's not that big of a deal, seems silly to care.
I like GWS and I’d prefer them winning over a lot of other teams. Especially because everyone knows how much help they got from the AFL. Also they’ve been good for ages

But once a player leaves they mean nothing to me. I don’t want them to taste success before the players that I support.

It’s not their fault we’re shit

True, still don’t want them to win a flag before us though. Puts us in the great company of Gold Coast as the only clubs to not win a premiership.

It’s already embarrassing enough that GWS have played in as many finals as we have despite being nearly 20 years younger a club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You want that trust fund baby GWS to win a flag before us? And invite even more ridicule our way?

I honestly see more ridicule for Freo from our own fans on here than I ever get from the outside world, so I couldn't care less about that.

I'm over seeing the same boring as f**k matchups every finals series. I just want to see some freshness. Geel vs Syd would be the most depressingly boring option possible.

Sadly, after the last two nights I'm slowly accepting that the AFL is turning into the EPL-lite with the same successful teams every year and the same minnows just making up the numbers.

I mean you're not wrong, club needs to sort their shit out. Not much we can do but wait until next year now.
Wrong thread but a good start would be retiring those 2 champions of the club who we feed games to. That is where we start now, have those conversations with those two. Clean slate for the team and 2 less who are gifted games.

Wrong thread but a good start would be retiring those 2 champions of the club who we feed games to. That is where we start now, have those conversations with those two. Clean slate for the team and 2 less who are gifted games.
Only if JOM, Banfield and Aish get tossed as well.

Meek, D'Ambrosio, Scrimshaw, Amon, Ginnivan, Impey, Frost, Gunston (to get him back), Chol. Apart from Amon and Impey (who they picked up for picks around 30), the rest were pretty much all surplus to needs at their previous club and Hawthorn gave up SFA all for them.

Only if JOM, Banfield and Aish get tossed as well.
Those 3 above are younger and good depth. JOM wasn’t too bad this year, Aish is good depth for multiple positions and Banners should be a Peel only player for the rest of his career. We shouldn’t of signed banners for more than a year after his capitulation.

Fyfe can barely land a handball let alone a kick. Doesn’t run both ways anymore.

Walters literally can barely run and actually admitted it in the West article today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back