Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just be careful coming into spring everyone.

Slow down around waterways as waterbirds and turtles hatch.

Just the this morning I saw the whole hawks forward line out for a stroll.

1725846889309.png

The elders of the deathride thread would like a word with you.
There's something much funnier at stake here though.

Couple of spots won't make much of a difference now to that pick.

There's something much funnier at stake here though.

Couple of spots won't make much of a difference now to that pick.
Personally if Hinkley gets sacked then becomes West Coast coach it'd be hilarious.

Also think Port's list isn't a top four list. Their best three mids are elite and there's probably 10-12 other good players but outside of the suspended Houston I fail to see who else is elite? Hinkley has done well to get them where they are IMO. Carr won't do the same.

Personally if Hinkley gets sacked then becomes West Coast coach it'd be hilarious.

Also think Port's list isn't a top four list. Their best three mids are elite and there's probably 10-12 other good players but outside of the suspended Houston I fail to see who else is elite? Hinkley has done well to get them where they are IMO. Carr won't do the same.
That may be so.

But 12 years and No GF appearance.

I understand why there fans are fed up.

It's insanity doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

Having the likes of Gerard Whateley who is mates with Ken lambasting the port fans only adds fuel to the fire.

The best thing Port should do is just cut the cord this year. It's become that toxic.

How many times can you make top 4 and limp out of a finals series.

2021 preliminary final was a downright embarrassment on par with last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. I counted about 10 Port players who would be Geelong's worst player if you reversed the late Stewart withdrawal. Port even had 3 ex-Geelong rejects playing.

I reckon Hinkley has done well (with a good dose of luck) to even get them into the finals.

It’s boomer humour
Funny is funny. Nothing wrong with an intergenerational laugh or two. Laurel and Hardy are still hilarious. Totally subjective, of course; what's your comedy of choice?

Edit: *except what's been happening at Lathlain the last few years. That's objectively the funniest thing ever.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree. I counted about 10 Port players who would be Geelong's worst player if you reversed the late Stewart withdrawal. Port even had 3 ex-Geelong rejects playing.

I reckon Hinkley has done well (with a good dose of luck) to even get them into the finals.
Tbh I reckon he has done shit since 2014.

2020 & 2021 were covid affected and they got the jump in a bizarre period. They should have pinched a comp there tbh.

2015-2019 he only made the finals once how on earth he survived twice not making finals b2b years on 2 occasions is remarkable really.

Those lists in 2015-2016, 2018-2019 should have made finals.

2017 they lost to West Coast in ET in an EF. So 5 year period they had 1 finals game.

He really should have been dumped in 2019.

Living off an away semi final win against Freo in 2014

What if you were comparing JOM's two years at Fremantle with the first two years Acres played as part of his 3 year Fremantle contract, would you say:

a) Acres better
b) JOM better
c) both serviceable
d) two way tie for a ticket to Dudsville
e) all of the above
f) none of the above
g) Yeah nah
Acres never played wing, was always underultisied. He was 25 was he first debuted for Fremantle.
JOM has come in at 28, is now 30. He got another 2 years, yet we gave Acres a 1 year contract based on performance ?
Does not make a single sense. JOM hasn’t been 100% with his knee and heading to a rebuild phase with Hawthorn.

Acres was probably best on in the two finals for Fremantle

Has played 4 finals in two years with Carlton and more games for the Blues than he did with Fremantle.

So you can not make an argument.

Acres never played wing, was always underultisied. He was 25 was he first debuted for Fremantle.
JOM has come in at 28, is now 30. He got another 2 years, yet we gave Acres a 1 year contract based on performance ?
Does not make a single sense. JOM hasn’t been 100% with his knee and heading to a rebuild phase with Hawthorn.

Acres was probably best on in the two finals for Fremantle

Has played 4 finals in two years with Carlton and more games for the Blues than he did with Fremantle.

So you can not make an argument.

Are you telling me I should add multiple choice options.

I may be hoping beyond hope that the AFL may have it rain on their GF parade.
Wouldn't it be wonderful to have two non VFL team play in the GF.
My fingers crossed for an out siders GF.

I may be hoping beyond hope that the AFL may have it rain on their GF parade.
Wouldn't it be wonderful to have two non VFL team play in the GF.
My fingers crossed for an out siders GF.
They will be bloody trying hard to not make that happen. Just like this week for Peel Vs Swans. The umps will be making their presence felt

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back