Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Fwiw I actually didnā€™t see that big a deal with ginnis comment .
Really came across as bit of tongue in cheek I thought , however I can understand port really embracing it as motivation
Kenny still shouldnā€™t have got involved as he did.
ā€¦ with all that said definitely the biggest hypocrisy/sooking/out of line behaviour from all this has come from Mitchell (with cameos from his 2 old fellow antagonists Lewis and hodge in commentary)
Typifies everything about that absolute flog, played and coaches to get any unfair advantage he could/can and loved dishing it out .

Turns out when tables are turned and their beloved hoks arenā€™t the ones coming out as winners theyā€™re very salty losers
As Browny said when Jordan Lewis was having a sob about it and was asked by Kath what he thought, he said he didnt have a problem with it, the Hawks got hit by the karma bus.

See I donā€™t think Ginni has the capability to learn. Heā€™s a serial dick. He fired off shit from behind a keyboard so donā€™t be surprised to get some rounds fired back at you if you lose
And he played like shit
Heā€™s not the height either to be talking like heā€™s a match winning ball magnet. Heā€™s just a small forward who can be easily replaced and looked after.
Thereā€™s a line and he loves to show heā€™s crossing it, but rarely backs it up.

Watson on the other hand. Far out Hawthorn have drafted small forwards well. Him and Moore. Fremantle would give up 5 first rounders for them. Would be exactly the needs the club is after

As much as I wanted Port to lose for the sake of our pick. Once the game started I really wanted Hawthorn to lose because of those arrogant pricks.

That said Sydney better win next week because if Port get through to the GF they'll get smashed. They are running out of players and it won't be a good contest
True. Hope Port and Geelong loses. Both shouldnā€™t be in the GF. But Cats have literally 18 lives if not more.

GWS and Sydney should be the Grand Final.

GWS and Sydney should be the Grand Final.

Would be off the charts to have a derby GF! I would normally go for Sydney as grew up there but accidentally became a GWS member this year (cheapest Kayo haha) so would be conflicted.

A Sydney win would be the best for Freo as then much more like Warner comes this year? Plus then GWS doesn't have a cup before Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We really need to make Mitchell and his Hok team enemy number 1 for the next 5+ years. Pull out all the stops when we play them.
That little Putin wannabe needs to be shut down..

I lost count in the end, how many of the Hawks 11 goals came from free kicks? I remembered it was 5 of 7 at one point.
I really wanted that port pick to be 14 but watching the game unfold couldnā€™t help but want the hawks to lose to put vicbias in the

This is what I thought for most of the game

All I could imagine is JLo instructions to kick mark in the back half and bomb it down the line for it to slingshot back after another fumbled attempt by Jackson

Our game couldn't handle that sort of pressure or run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I thought for most of the game

All I could imagine is JLo instructions to kick mark in the back half and bomb it down the line for it to slingshot back after another fumbled attempt by Jackson

Our game couldn't handle that sort of pressure or run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We basically were all over these teams late in the season. Sure we didn't take our moments here and there, which is what we need to fix.

But we certainly didn't crumble under pressure and could have easily beaten both Port and Hawkfawn in those games.

Strategically we're way in front of Port and did have an edge over the Hawks too.

Props to Hinkley too, gained more points in my book
Agree with this.

I was on Port from the start, I hate the those ducking cheats & theyā€™re constant whining for free kicks. I was very surprised that most indifferent supporters were on the Hawks. When Watson got that free in the first minutes of the game, surely some thought ā€˜I canā€™t support these flogs.ā€™

Agree with this.

I was on Port from the start, I hate the those ducking cheats & theyā€™re constant whining for free kicks. I was very surprised that most indifferent supporters were on the Hawks. When Watson got that free in the first minutes of the game, surely some thought ā€˜I canā€™t support these flogs.ā€™
I intended to honour the death ride until about 1 second into the game when I realised I am physically and/or mentally unable to support Hawthorn and Mitchell.

Sam Mitchell literally nearly in tears in his press conference.. then acting like a whiny bitch about the Hinkley sledge again with tears in his eyes it was hilarious.
You wouldnā€™t want to play under him when shit starts going bad for Hawthorn you can just see it. Everythingā€™s all rosy now but itā€™s hard to back that up again next year once teams have worked you out. Letā€™s see how they go next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back