Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly reckon there's a fair chance Port gets up against the Swans too.
More than a fair chance. They’ve won their last 8 against them
I can’t see it myself.

I think port used up a lot of emotional energy last night.
It’s going to be very hard to get back to the pitch of that performance next weekend in Sydney.

I expect Sydney to be ravenous next week. Wouldnt be surprised if they blow them away completely

Swans will smack them. That record will be brought up all week and Swans will break it. That was clearly their grand final with an amazing home crowd behind them. If JHF doesn't get up they are completely cooked and Burgoyne will get shut down making it look more like the Geelong game again.

We basically were all over these teams late in the season. Sure we didn't take our moments here and there, which is what we need to fix.

But we certainly didn't crumble under pressure and could have easily beaten both Port and Hawkfawn in those games.

Strategically we're way in front of Port and did have an edge over the Hawks too.

Yet here we are watching finals again instead of participating

They both beat us this season, twice for port. So you'd say both thier talent and ability to execute a game plan is more advanced than ours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On paper though…

I’m still a bit more than bemused by the fawning Grub Mitchell receives. How dare he say everyone was enjoying what they were bringing.

I didn’t enjoy seeing some gobby shitehawks acting like complete campaigners at every opportunity.

The real question is can the Hoks back up their performances next year? The Hokball meme was fun and they built a lot of goodwill with AFL fans, does that continue next year with a harder fixture?

Be interesting to see if they back it up or crumble under the pressure.

The real question is can the Hoks back up their performances next year? The Hokball meme was fun and they built a lot of goodwill with AFL fans, does that continue next year with a harder fixture?

I thought the way they played in finals was perfect for a “new” side to this level in their first finals campaign.

• Win a big game easily in week one.
  • Take a more experienced top 4 side right to the brink in week two.

Their brand of footy is good - it stands up pretty well in these games. Putting greater emphasis on small forwards and pressure works very well in these intense finals.

They are adding two gun key defenders in Battle and Barass and losing no one.

Decent argument that they will be flag favourites heading into round 1.

I was still pleased to see them lose last night though but they are going to be right in the mix the next few years, sadly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the way they played in finals was perfect for a “new” side to this level in their first finals campaign.

• Win a big game easily in week one.
  • Take a more experienced top 4 side right to the brink in week two.

Their brand of footy is good - it stands up pretty well in these games. Putting greater emphasis on small forwards and pressure works very well in these intense finals.

They are adding two gun key defenders in Battle and Barass and losing no one.

Decent argument that they will be flag favourites heading into round 1.

I was still pleased to see them lose last night though but they are going to be right in the mix the next few years, sadly.
Port were the younger side weren’t they.

You break a press, you get a fast break.

They were coached smart enough to execute this and realise that this only one weapon in the arsenal for next year.

Us ... not so much.

Especially if we try to bring in more failed WCE coaches

Yeah that was just cramp.
Match report says no injuries. But Todd Marshall has entered concussion protocols following a post match assessment.

Sam Mitchell literally nearly in tears in his press conference.. then acting like a whiny bitch about the Hinkley sledge again with tears in his eyes it was hilarious.
You wouldn’t want to play under him when shit starts going bad for Hawthorn you can just see it. Everything’s all rosy now but it’s hard to back that up again next year once teams have worked you out. Let’s see how they go next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He might not have an issue with his players being cocky arrogant w***ers, but the rest of the comp doesn't have to wear him not pulling his players into line.

That carry on comes back to roost with interest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back