Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. That’s how it was; Good friends.
I think that was Mathew Scarlett that made that comment.
I saw the story recently with Ballas brother asking Scarlett to sign a guernsey for Ballas after he had smacked him out.
Scarlett said a few thing on the jumer. something likes, best thing I ever did was punch you in the face., something else and the last one was, I would have loved to play along side you.And the jumper was signed by Scarlett, Ballas prizes the guernsey.
1726296129088.png

Who do posters think misses finals next year to allow us back in?
I’m assuming everyone believes we will play finals next year, with the recruits incoming.
Who goes out from this years final 8?

It’s incredibly competitive. Pies, Gold Coast, Adelaide all queueing up to get in too. Saints as well and who knows about the Dees.

I saw the story recently with Ballas brother asking Scarlett to sign a guernsey for Ballas after he had smacked him out.
Scarlett said a few thing on the jumer. something likes, best thing I ever did was punch you in the face., something else and the last one was, I would have loved to play along side you.And the jumper was signed by Scarlett, Ballas prizes the guernsey.
View attachment 2110781

*Would of

Excited The Oa GIF by NETFLIX

I’m assuming everyone believes we will play finals next year, with the recruits incoming.

It’s incredibly competitive. Pies, Gold Coast, Adelaide all queueing up to get in too. Saints as well and who knows about the Dees.
I wanna say Cats but they are like cockroaches and just won't die.

Reckon any of the top 8 bar Sydney could easily slip. If you flip 1-2 games most of the top 8 would have missed finals this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless we fix our pressure without the ball , it ll be us .. Bolten or no bolten
Nothing surer

So after all that hype the hawks only made it as far as Fremantle did in 2022. Improvement is not linear and there's every chance they have a year like our 2023.
Was waiting for this.
Yeah well if you look a little deeper their semi final performance was head and shoulders above ours.

We had the biggest 20 point defeat in the history of the game.
Seriously felt like 50 we were so far off the pies that night
And we were pretty much full strength

The hawks , minus their best mid, best kpf and no 1 kpd (could you imagine the wailing from our supporters if that was freo)took on a port side on their home deck ,who were absolutely copping it (rightly so) all week from all angles and still had a chance to win it under a minute on the clock

Nahhh we’re along way behind them.

View attachment 2110781

Anyone that's not a Fremantle supporter talks about that punch like Scarlett did what everyone wanted to do to Ballantyne, but the reality is that the game was decided by less than a goal and Scarlett, who i think was their captain, not being to handle a bit of yap cost them big time with the double goal. Ballas was yapping at him because the previous goal was also from Scarlett's error.

Chris Scott made the comments about how he'd like to have Ballas in his side in the post-match after being quizzed about the banter he and Ballas had walking off the ground at half-time.

Last edited:

There will be a dip somewhere from someone.

The Lions may be closer to the cliff showed signs this year if they have another failed finals campaign may be mentally soul destroying.

Port Adelaide are always lingering but if they don't win it.

Well the pressure remains on Hinkley next year.

Bulldogs are a flaky team who look can great and awful in the same month.

Lot of dockery about Sam Taylor. Gun defender, very average with ball in hand.

Buckley to a lesser extent also, good defender, shocking ball user

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back