Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

And had a huge Hawthorn crowd in that.
That applies to every team. You have to leave a certain number of tickets for the opposition. It was also 2 games in two weeks, which would be very expensive for the average person/family. I don't know why people feel the need to keep belittling everything Port does or has achieved. It is certainly more that we can make claims to.

I look at the sides in the finals and I'm like how did we expect to do anything with all of Banfield/Emmett/Walters in our forward line?
Brissy had Hipwood and Morris doing nothing tonight

GWS had Keefe and O'Hallaran

every team carries a couple of duds

but yeah, we are trying to replace them, Bolton instantly takes one of those spots

Freddy Treacy Sturt
Bolton Amiss Switta

with Dogga running through aint too bad

Anyone that's not a Fremantle supporter talks about that punch like Scarlett did what everyone wanted to do to Ballantyne, but the reality is that the game was decided by less than a goal and Scarlett, who i think was their captain, not being to handle a bit of yap cost them big time with the double goal. Ballas was yapping at him because the previous goal was also from Scarlett's error.

Chris Scott made the comments about how he'd like to have Ballas in his side in the post-match after being quizzed about the banter he and Ballas had walking off the ground at half-time.
Scarlett mafe the same comment. It is wrtten on the guernsey.

Man I thought we choked some games away this season but GWS said fck it hold my beer and showed us how it's really done. And in back to back finals. Gotta be one of the worst straight sets exits in a long time.
Melbourne were pretty bad last year. Possibly worse because in both Melbourne's games they had far more scoring shots and were the better team across the ground but couldn't convert. For example they had 32 more inside 50s than Collingwood, and lost by 7 points

Brissy had Hipwood and Morris doing nothing tonight

GWS had Keefe and O'Hallaran

every team carries a couple of duds

but yeah, we are trying to replace them, Bolton instantly takes one of those spots

Freddy Treacy Sturt
Bolton Amiss Switta

with Dogga running through aint too bad

Keefe is average at best but stilll had 2 shots at goal, Halloran kicked a goal and was actually more involved than Cogs was.

Morris is a rookie and Hipwood did a hipwood.

Talls in finals rarely do well, Hogan and Daniher were the exception last night.

I'm talking about SMALL/MED players they are the ones that win finals and we don't have them currently and if we fail to get them then we may make finals next year but it'll be a quick exit.

Keefe is average at best but stilll had 2 shots at goal, Halloran kicked a goal and was actually more involved than Cogs was.

Talls in finals rarely do well, Hogan and Daniher were the exception last night.

I'm talking about SMALL/MED players they are the ones that win finals and we don't have them currently and if we fail to get them then we may make finals next year but it'll be a quick exit.
Yeah, what we need is Daniels to blow a final, Walters wouldn’t have gotten near that ball so wouldn’t have been able to take advantage.

Cogs was awful this finals series. Slow, horrible possession. He ll get pushed out next season.

Just confused as to why GWS left out Ricciardi and Brown. Needed another medium/tall in there.

Keefe has never been a goal kicker. Had a shot in the last that he sprayed pretty badly

Yeah, what we need is Daniels to blow a final, Walters wouldn’t have gotten near that ball so wouldn’t have been able to take advantage.
Soccering the ball when he’s miles in the clear. Hogan was screaming at him to stop. The free kick was awarded, and he still played on. I can’t believe he did that in a final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cogs was awful this finals series. Slow, horrible possession. He ll get pushed out next season.

Just confused as to why GWS left out Ricciardi and Brown. Needed another medium/tall in there.

Keefe has never been a goal kicker. Had a shot in the last that he sprayed pretty badly
Really he was tagging Zorko and keeping him quiet before being subbed out of the game, Zorko went on to having 25d and 2g after and being one of the main reasons Brisbane won.

This isn’t true.

A gun tall forward is gold in finals. You can’t have a dynasty without them.

Smalls & mediums come and go. You’d be surprised how much our current ones could lift went we get Bolton in and that forward half speed creates overlaps & panic.

This isn’t true.

A gun tall forward is gold in finals. You can’t have a dynasty without them.

Smalls & mediums come and go. You’d be surprised how much our current ones could lift went we get Bolton in and that forward half speed creates overlaps & panic.
I'm not saying you don't need them, they are very important. Just saying that they can be quelled easier in finals

Really he was tagging Zorko and keeping him quiet before being subbed out of the game, Zorko went on to having 25d and 2g after and being one of the main reasons Brisbane won.
Peatling was on Zorko, for some reason they stopped tagging Zorko. Also Zorko pushed forward.

That wasn’t Daniels. It was Peatling on Zorko. But Brisbane just threw him forward and get him involved that way.

Soccering the ball when he’s miles in the clear. Hogan was screaming at him to stop. The free kick was awarded, and he still played on. I can’t believe he did that in a final.
Moment of madness which I’m sure he wished he could get back again.

You’d have to think he copped a spray from his Coach.

Feels a bit sickening that I'm gonna have to barrack for Brisbane next weekend.
Who knows what Geelong or Brisbane turn up.
It’ll be an even match.
I imagine Geelong will clamp Neale and Zorko, because GWS had it spot on.
They’re the barometers of Brisbane. They play well, the team does well.

Hope Neale is okay, Brisbane need to destroy Geelong next week, I doubt it will happen though.

I want a Brisbane premiership.
It’ll be a Geelong premiership. Bookmark it.
It’ll be the last one standing.

Of all the seasons Fremantle don’t make finals… it has to be the closest in years

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back