Cake

Premiership Player
Suspended
May 27, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/107005/default.aspx

NORTH Melbourne captain Brent Harvey has called for the AFL to change the rules to the new NAB Cup format and wants all teams to be able to make sweeping changes to their line-ups between their first and second games.

Groups of three teams will play off against each other in the first week of the new-look competition but only teams that play in the first game and the third game are allowed to make wholesale changes to the side.

Teams such as North Melbourne - who play Geelong in game one and the Western Bulldogs in the second game at Skilled Stadium on February 20 - can only change their team by bringing in the three emergencies they named for the first game.

However, Geelong - who plays in game one, then has a rest before taking on the Dogs in game three - can make unlimited changes to the team that played in the first game. Essentially, the rule allows Geelong to field two completely different teams.

Basically North can only make three changes to their team while Geelong can make as many changes as they want to their team, THIS IS BULLSHIT.

It is completely unfair to North and the AFL should get their shit sorted out. :thumbsdown:

• Banned
And Geelong gets helped out by the AFL, this is so ****ed up, im ****ing pissed off

crybaby.png

• Banned
Mock me all you want you know that it is completely unfair for one team to be able to alter their team as much as they want between games and for one team to only be able to make 3 changes.

This is a royal **** up by the AFL and I expect to see some change of personal after this fiasco

• Banned
Shit thread is shit, Browneye_Jab. We got no help off the AFL you mega floggorama.

How the **** aren't you getting help you flog?

Your team can alter its side as much as it wants between games and we can only make 3 changes, HOW THE **** IS THAT NOT THE AFL HELPING YOU!!??

NAB cup = carefactor: 0

Do you think you guys will try to win it this year? From a marketing perspective it isn't a bad thing to win provided it doesn't screw your team for round 1.

But yeah Norf were screwed drawing games against the cats and dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the principle you tool, it's the fact that the AFL is trying to disadvantage our team and help out Geelong unfairly.

Get your head outta your ass

think_of_the_children_186.jpg

The AFL is unfair? This is news to me! Theres plenty more worthwhile things to complain about then the NAB cup format you toolbox.

think_of_the_children_186.jpg

The AFL is unfair? This is news to me! Theres plenty more worthwhile things to complain about then the NAB cup format you toolbox.

This thread is about this specific disadvantaging of North, so if you don't like it then **** off you flog.

It is blatant favoritism to the Geelong football club and it needs to be changed.

This thread is about this specific disadvantaging of North, so if you don't like it then **** off you flog.

It is blatant favoritism to the Geelong football club and it needs to be changed.

Oh boo hoo. When has the AFL played favourites with Geelong in the past? Mountains, molehills etc etc etc

Bulldogs and North play their games straight after each other. Essentially they are playing one full AFL game, therefore it is not unreasonable to suggest that normal NAB substitution rules apply for their games.

However, Geelong play first, then have a long break during the North/WB game, before taking the field again. This means that the Geelong has a much harder task of having to manage its players during that time to ensure they do not develop soft tissue injuries.

If anything, we should be complaining. I would much prefer we get to have our game at once. Not only are injuries a concern, it means we come up against a warmed up Bulldogs team after our side had a long break.

The only reason it was organised as it was is so the crowd would stay there for all the games, rather than having empty stands watching North and the Dogs. However, I'm sure North would be used to that feeling by now.

Oh boo hoo. When has the AFL played favourites with Geelong in the past? Mountains, molehills etc etc etc

Never said anything about them playing favourites to Geelong in the past, I'm talking about this specific instance in which they are blatantly playing favourites with Geelong.

Learn how to read next time you tool. :eek:

Bulldogs and North play their games straight after each other. Essentially they are playing one full AFL game, therefore it is not unreasonable to suggest that normal NAB substitution rules apply for their games.

However, Geelong play first, then have a long break during the North/WB game, before taking the field again. This means that the Geelong has a much harder task of having to manage its players during that time to ensure they do not develop soft tissue injuries.

If anything, we should be complaining. I would much prefer we get to have our game at once. Not only are injuries a concern, it means we come up against a warmed up Bulldogs team after our side had a long break.

The only reason it was organised as it was is so the crowd would stay there for all the games, rather than having empty stands watching North and the Dogs. However, I'm sure North would be used to that feeling by now.

Your team gets a longer rest between games and you can change your team as much as you want, and you think that is a disadvantage?

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?????

You are the dumbest poster I've ever seen, never post again you flog.

Don't worry man, it's only 40 minute games.

You'll be right.

Never said anything about them playing favourites to Geelong in the past, I'm talking about this specific instance in which they are blatantly playing favourites with Geelong.

Learn how to read next time you tool. :eek:

So you've started this sobfest of a thread to complain about Geelong being favoured by the AFL SOLELY because they get more changes during the NAB freakin' cup?

logoToughenUp.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

North getting shafted by NAB Rules

Remove this Banner Ad

Back