North Melb VFL = Tassie and Nrth Ballarat

Remove this Banner Ad

GV Middle Man

Debutant
Sep 8, 2005
Other Teams
GVFL
The North Melbourne Football Club has made a decision on it's VFL partnership by deciding to formalise relationships with both North Ballarat and Tasmania Football Clubs.

This arrangement will see the Kangaroos partner with both clubs resulting in Kangaroos listed players playing with one of the two teams.

The operational and contractual details, as well as deciding which players end up with which club, will be finalised in the ensuing weeks.

"Of the clubs under consideration, we are delighted to have arrived at the decision to partner with both North Ballarat and Tasmania Football Clubs," said Kangaroos chief executive Geoff Walsh

Source?

Interesting arrangement if true, moving more towards how the SANFL and WAFL teams are aligned with AFL clubs. Not sure how keen I am on it for Tassie though, AFLT have thrown all their eggs in the one basket with the Devils at the expense of all other footy and now they're going to accept having half a dozen ring-ins each week? Doesn't seem to make much sense.

my sources is off a mate of a mate, who mates dad works in ballarat who was buying a pie and tho old bloke behind the counters nephew told him......

mate i dont post crap on here if it aint true... got it off the following websie

www.footygoss.com

dunno why they would split between two. flying to tassie every couple weeks can't be too good in both money and fatigue terms.

if a team were to align with tasmania it'd make more sense if they were stkilda or hawthorn, clubs who are trying to make a presence in that state.

amnesiac said:
dunno why they would split between two. flying to tassie every couple weeks can't be too good in both money and fatigue terms.

if a team were to align with tasmania it'd make more sense if they were stkilda or hawthorn, clubs who are trying to make a presence in that state.
yeah that 45 minute flight to Tassie would knock a few of them around

AP70 said:
Could this see Kangaroos players playing each other in the VFL??

Yes, as it happens in the SANFL, WAFL, etc.

This is what the club wanted because with Port Melbourne too many of our players were forced to play in the reserve grade competition which is little better than a suburban league whereas the SA and WA clubs have their entire list playing at a higher standard.

The destruction of the reserve grade I am sure has contributed to the weakening the Victoria sides, most of our young players take longer to develop because the young players are forced to play in an inferior league.

AP70 said:
Could this see Kangaroos players playing each other in the VFL??

That thought came to my head too. What would happen if 2 kangaroos listed players playing for opposing VFL teams were involved in an incident injuring 1 of the palyers?

Tas said:
The destruction of the reserve grade I am sure has contributed to the weakening the Victoria sides, most of our young players take longer to develop because the young players are forced to play in an inferior league.

Pffttt doubt it. Very blanket statement based on a number of dubious presumptions without your statements backed up in any way!

Blues_Man said:
yeah that 45 minute flight to Tassie would knock a few of them around

not much shorter than a trip to adelaide or such yet sides will always complain about travelling interstate back-to-back like the roos did this year when playing in adelaide two weeks in a row (rounds 6 and 7).

driving for 45 mins, parking, waiting around at the airport, boarding, flying, unboarding and travelling would be a pain. add the fact that the roos who like us are one of the poorer sides in the competition, sending 10 players down there every couple weeks along with coaching staff etc would get a bit costly.

would they train with the group or not? if they dont how are they expected to perform well as a team? don't understand why the whole team doesn't play with nth ballarat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North seniors play 8 games interstate anyway. Not many more times to fly out if they play VFL all year. Good result for the club, but a downside is that you'd have to wonder how well the players will gel with their teammates if they only see them on matchdays.

windyhill said:
I s`pose Essendon and collingwood will have to pick up the tab for all these extra flights as usual.

Compensation for only getting to play your mob once EVERY year? We are getting robbed a game each year.

Fair's fair mate.

windyhill said:
I s`pose Essendon and collingwood will have to pick up the tab for all these extra flights as usual.

Given both your clubs wouldn't know what a plane looks like then perhaps you should. ;)

windyhill said:
Too true, i`d like two games with norf , really see how my money is being spent.

No you don't. You haven't beaten us since Dustin Fletcher actually played FB.

'Bout 4 years now I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

North Melb VFL = Tassie and Nrth Ballarat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back