AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing what happens when you have a team full of talented players that get to play together under stable leadership for multiple seasons in a row :stern look of development
Brings back memories of the NMFC mens 90's era...

So much to like today, not in any particular order :

Welcome back Vicki Wall

Big improvers this year, Tess Craven, Ruby Tripodi

Emma Kearney absolutely ageless, champion

The usual suspects in the midfield, Jazzy, Ash, Mia

8 individual goal scorer's

The defense as a unit, kudos, inside 50's were 35 apiece, you never would have guessed

Old mate sooky Starcevic in the coaches box looking exactly like he was sucking a lemon

Only saw the third qrt.

Wow. Obviously the best we’ve played.

What stood out to me from that small sample size was the improvement from a whole bunch of players.

Craven for example. Looked twice the player she was last year.
Craven and Tripodi and Martin, all improved, and Gatt and O’Loughlin and Smith continuing where they left off. The younger players really stood up today.

I mentioned it already but Craven has clearly put in a mountain of work, looks a lot leaner and stronger which suits the running game. She's going to have a big season I think
Her first quarter I was annoyed at her tho her opponent Conway had 9 touches and was dominant

But got better after

Tripodi I really like and she will make us better along with the additions of birch and wall

I didn't think there was anything wrong with Alice's tackle.

Early AFLW flag statement as Kangaroos stun in GF rematch

Nervous wait for alice

But it wasn’t all good news for O’Loughlin because she could be facing a suspension for a sling tackle on Brisbane’s Shannon Campbell late in the game which saw the latter’s head hit the turf forcefully. Campbell required quite a few moments to compose herself before taking her free kick.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with Alice's tackle.

Early AFLW flag statement as Kangaroos stun in GF rematch

Nervous wait for alice

But it wasn’t all good news for O’Loughlin because she could be facing a suspension for a sling tackle on Brisbane’s Shannon Campbell late in the game which saw the latter’s head hit the turf forcefully. Campbell required quite a few moments to compose herself before taking her free kick.
Nothing in it

She had the ball tackled legally

Got up and played on

No sling motion

I wish I was watching the song being sung or some post match vibes.
Funnily enough the Roo faithful assembled near the benches, including Dr Hood, to roar them off and they just kind of stayed on the ground mingling. We cheered anyway then left to get the train with the players still mingling on the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mentioned it already but Craven has clearly put in a mountain of work, looks a lot leaner and stronger which suits the running game. She's going to have a big season I think
I was watching a NMFC video the other day and EK was asked a question, cannot remember exactly, but I think it was one to watch - Tess Craven.
Every year Tess improves greatly!

Funnily enough the Roo faithful assembled near the benches, including Dr Hood, to roar them off and they just kind of stayed on the ground mingling. We cheered anyway then left to get the train with the players still mingling on the ground.
I thought it was great of the girls to stay mingling with the Roo faithful.
I managed to have a decent chat and a photo with Tess and Ruby to congratulate them on a great game, a quick photo with Libby and congratulate Kearns and Kate on a great game. Was a great atmosphere near the benches at the end.

Great afternoon all round not too mention the huge win for the girls. They were very excited.

Only saw the third qrt.

Wow. Obviously the best we’ve played.

What stood out to me from that small sample size was the improvement from a whole bunch of players.

Craven for example. Looked twice the player she was last year.
I always thought she was a really promising player and now she’s showing what she’s really capable of. Probably one of the best kicks in the team too

I thought it was great of the girls to stay mingling with the Roo faithful.
I managed to have a decent chat and a photo with Tess and Ruby to congratulate them on a great game, a quick photo with Libby and congratulate Kearns and Kate on a great game. Was a great atmosphere near the benches at the end.

Great afternoon all round not too mention the huge win for the girls. They were very excited.
Absolutely 👍. We don’t do photos anymore because every player who took a photo with my Joey then left the club 😢. Great vibe near the benches.

I always thought she was a really promising player and now she’s showing what she’s really capable of. Probably one of the best kicks in the team too
Yes Tess has certainly improved but anyone surprised by her game today hasn't been watching her very closely. Her finals performance last year was very good. She is an absolute rock on the fat side of the ground and she is so good at killing the ball when she is heavily outnumbered or outsized.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back