AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Vikki Wall will have few nervous defender's looking over their shoulders when the pill is in their vicinty
Vikki is very fun to watch, would make you walk taller knowing she’s on your team smashing into the oppo

Wish we had her last year too as that could’ve been the difference

I did enjoy, watching the reply (and it’s also in the match highlights video), that after Jenna’s goal in the last quarter you can very clearly hear a child shouting “Suck it, Melbourne”.

Also caught up today with last week’s W show podcast with Sam Lane, and they mentioned something I’d missed at the ground after the Geelong game, that Kearney gathered the team together immediately after the siren to talk to them before they left that game. She is a great captain.

To be fair, I will never go to Casey because I don't believe life exists that far out of town. But I'll happily walk to Whitten.

Driving out of the ground, my wife and I deciding whether we needed to turn on the sat-nav to find our way home. I thought we'd be fine because there would surely be signs pointing towards civilization. There wasn't. Just Frankston or Dandenong. We needed the sat-nav.

I did enjoy, watching the reply (and it’s also in the match highlights video), that after Jenna’s goal in the last quarter you can very clearly hear a child shouting “Suck it, Melbourne”.

Also caught up today with last week’s W show podcast with Sam Lane, and they mentioned something I’d missed at the ground after the Geelong game, that Kearney gathered the team together immediately after the siren to talk to them before they left that game. She is a great captain.
I heard that as well 😁

Also had a chuckle at the Nth supporter who must have been close to a microphone and his changing reaction to Randall’s set shot at goal. He started off with a confident “yeah” which quickly changed to a disappointed “ohh, wtf”.

To be fair, I will never go to Casey because I don't believe life exists that far out of town. But I'll happily walk to Whitten.

It disgusts me that our women have to play at a stadium named after that hideous misogynist homophobic piece of shit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to our VFLW coach, Brett Gourlay and players Nyakoat Dojiok, Audrey Rhodes, Nicole Hales and Alana Barba for making the VFLW Team of the Year.

Five Roos named in VFLW Team of the Year

Five Roos named in VFLW Team of the Year​

Five of North Melbourne's premiership players and its coach Brett Gourley headline the 2024 VFLW Team of the Year
By NMFC Media
240827-MD-VFLW-Team-Of-The-Year-Hero.jpg

Five of North Melbourne's premiership players and its coach Brett Gourley have been named in the 2024 VFLW Team of the Year.

After guiding the Roos to third on the ladder after the home-and-away season, Gourley became the first coach to lead a Kangaroos VFLW team into a finals series and ultimately to a flag.

He is joined in the team by premiership players Nyakoat Dojiok, Audrey Rhodes, Nicole Hales, Alana Barba and club best and fairest winner Maddie Di Cosmo.

Dojiok was a damaging forward for the Roos during her debut season for the club, booting 22 goals from 13 games, while defender and fellow off-season recruit from Collingwood Nicole Hales was a rock in defence under Gourley.

The midfield trio of Rhodes, Barba and Di Cosmo proved too difficult to stop as the season progressed, and all dominated on Grand Final day against the Western Bulldogs.

North Melbourne had a League-high seven representatives named in the extended Team of the Year squad last month. Renee Tierney and Kate Reynolds were the unlucky Roos to miss out on making the final cut.

Was this from the tackle that led to the melee Birch was fined for?

Injury fears for key Roo after crunching tackle

A melee that was over in about 5 seconds. The AFL clearly finds the image of women pushing and shoving each other to be far more unappealing and detrimental to the look of the game and so there's way less tolerance. This seems a bit sexist.

A melee that was over in about 5 seconds. The AFL clearly finds the image of women pushing and shoving each other to be far more unappealing and detrimental to the look of the game and so there's way less tolerance. This seems a bit sexist.

With how Melbourne reacted to Birch, I would have been more than happy for one of our players to actually belt the opposition.

How she got a fine is beyond me.

It is absolutely sexist.

If targeting of that sort occurred in the AFL there would be a melee with jumper punches left right and centre.

With how Melbourne reacted to Birch, I would have been more than happy for one of our players to actually belt the opposition.

How she got a fine is beyond me.

It is absolutely sexist.

If targeting of that sort occurred in the AFL there would be a melee with jumper punches left right and centre.

Yeah it would have been clear the bench time. An all-in brawl. The coaches would have been punching on in the boxes.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back