AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Member tickets go on sale tomorrow - I only found out via an email to my partner from Collingwood. I called NMFC to get my barcode and they said they would be emailing members at 10.00am tomorrow. Turns out that is the time tickets go on sale - public service announcement if anyone else would like their barcode in advance.

As usual I have no emails from the club so I have no idea what you're even getting tickets for. 🤷‍♂️
Me either. I rang them yesterday to ask why we hadn’t seen anything when Collingwood members had been emailed and they said they would message us at 10 today - too late but better than nothing, and now even that hasn’t happened.

Member tickets go on sale tomorrow - I only found out via an email to my partner from Collingwood. I called NMFC to get my barcode and they said they would be emailing members at 10.00am tomorrow. Turns out that is the time tickets go on sale - public service announcement if anyone else would like their barcode in advance.

Thanks so much for the heads-up as I never received anything from the club.

Just secured 4 grandstand seats for Round 1 v Brisbane. An oasis of blue & white in a sea of maroon.

Best dad’s day present ever.

Go you mighty Shinboners.

Kearney to Captain again in 2024 with Garner to be her VC.

Ferguson, Birch, Riddell, Eddey and Shierlaw to be the deputies.

Kearney's reign continues as Roos' new leaders rise

Kearney's reign continues as Roos' new leaders rise​

Emma Kearney will lead the North Melbourne Tasmanian Kangaroos for a seventh consecutive season
By NMFC Media
1 hr ago
240801-MD-AFLW-Leadership-Group-Article.jpg

Emma Kearney will lead the North Melbourne Tasmanian Kangaroos for a seventh consecutive season after being backed in by her teammates as captain again for 2024.

The only player in AFLW history to receive All-Australian honours in every season of the competition, Kearney has led the Kangaroos since the team’s inaugural season in 2019.

The 34-year-old will be supported by six teammates, including vice-captain Jasmine Garner.

Ash Riddell, Kate Shierlaw and Bella Eddey will continue as leaders, while Libby Birch and Jasmine Ferguson round out the seven-woman leadership group as new inclusions.

The North Melbourne Tasmanian Kangaroos name their AFLW leadership team for 2024

Birch, a dual All-Australian and premiership player, joins the group in her first season at Arden Street after crossing from Melbourne during last year’s trade period.

Ferguson, who has played 36 games across three seasons for the Kangaroos, has been voted in for the first time following a career-best season in 2023.

Ruck Emma King and defender Nicole Bresnehan come out of the 2023 leadership group.

"We are very excited to have this group of players lead the team in 2024," North Melbourne general manager of women’s football Erin Lorenzini said.

"Emma has been an incredibly reliable leader since walking through the doors at Arden Street in 2019, highlighted by her being backed in as captain by her teammates for the seven seasons.

"It is also great to see Libby Birch and Jasmine Ferguson join our leadership group for the first time. Libby’s inclusion shows the impact she has already had during her short time at the club, while Jasmine’s is a testament to her growth both on and off the field over the past 12 months.

"It’s a sign of how far our program has come when great leaders like Emma (King) and Nicole relinquish their positions. They still have a lot to offer in this space and we know they’ll provide great support for the official leadership group.

"We congratulate the entire group on their appointment, and we can’t wait to see where they can help take the team this season.”

The Kangaroos kick off their 2024 campaign with a grand final re-match against the Brisbane Lions at Brighton Homes Arena on September 1.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only acceptable result for this season is a flag, anything else is a failure.
I don’t even know what that means. Should we be deregistered if we don’t win the flag? Supporters and members should all boycott?

Obviously that’s the plan and the hope. But other sides should improve and our own performance isn’t completely in our control. Already one of our points of improvement has been hit by injury, and luck with injuries could be massive for our chances.

I don’t even know what that means. Should we be deregistered if we don’t win the flag? Supporters and members should all boycott?

Obviously that’s the plan and the hope. But other sides should improve and our own performance isn’t completely in our control. Already one of our points of improvement has been hit by injury, and luck with injuries could be massive for our chances.

How do you not know what it means?

C'mon, it's DR. How can you not know that he would not know what not knowing what it means means?

It was a simple ****ing statement. If Hearts doesn’t get it then stop hanging around Collingwood supporters.

The brilliant recovery season from the VFLW team provides inspiration & expectation. We are more than capable of taking home the flag & imagine the whole team feels the same.
Absolutely…also Crossing fingers on the things we can’t control….injuries and officiating.

How do you not know what it means?
Unacceptable to who? Would you not accept it and stop following the team? Would you expect the club to not accept it and to see coaches and players sacked? all regardless of any circumstances that influence results?

I know what the words mean, I don’t know what they could possibly mean as a blanket statement long before the season even starts.

It was a simple ****ing statement. If Hearts doesn’t get it then stop hanging around Collingwood supporters.
No need to be weird. Everyone in my house who follows football accepts how seasons turn out and shows up again the following year.

The only acceptable result for this season is a flag, anything else is a failure.
I'm sure Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide supporters are saying the same thing, and only one group of fans are going to be correct.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back