AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

This is going to blow your mind

There is more than 1 person in our media team

Although I can see why you’d be confused as during the preseason there were many times I wondered if we even had a media team

Bring back heath
Yes I remember Heath single handedly providing multicamera coverage through an outside broadcast truck and doing the commentary himself all at the same time. In addition, he was winning us games in Hobart and guaranteeing finals appearances.

By the way, you do get that today's practice game was played at StKilda's home ground, right?

Three players sign new deals to stay at Arden Street.

Kangaroo trio sign new contracts

Kangaroo trio sign new contracts​

North Melbourne Tasmanian Kangaroos trio Tess Craven, Eliza Shannon and Ella Slocombe have each extended their time at Arden Street
By NMFC Media
Just now
240729-MD-Tess-Eliza-Ella-Contract-Extension-Hero.jpg

North Melbourne Tasmanian Kangaroos trio Tess Craven, Eliza Shannon and Ella Slocombe have each extended their time at Arden Street.

Craven has signed a three-year contract extension to remain a Roo until at least the end of 2027, while Shannon and Slocombe have signed on until at least the end of 2025.

Craven, 20, has played 26 games since being taken by the Kangaroos with pick No.13 in the 2021 AFLW Draft.

Shannon, 24, made a promising start to her AFLW career at Hawthorn in 2022, playing six games before joining North Melbourne ahead of the 2023 season and adding 13 more games to her tally.

Slocombe, 18, was the Kangaroos' first selection and 26th overall in the 2023 AFLW Draft, with the outside midfielder making a great impression during her first pre-season at Arden Street.

“We’re excited to have Tess, Eliza, and Ella sign on beyond the 2024 season,” North Melbourne AFLW list manager Flynn Loft said.

“Tess enjoyed her most consistent season to date in 2023, featuring in all but one game and showcasing her ability to play across half-back and the wing, while Eliza slotted in well into our backline with her intercept ability in both the air and at ground level.

“Ella has also impressed during her short time at the club with her outside run and robust ability at the contest.

“We look forward to watching them continue their development at Arden Street.”

It's the only weekend for official practice matches.

Some clubs did stream their match sim last weekend, but I certainly understand the "stretched resources" defence with regard to limited social media coverage. A reminder for why the simplistic "just play AFLW throughout winter" fantasy will never happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tomorrow's practise match is being streamed on the Kangaroos website.

And the team for the match is:

Kangaroos team
B:
Wright, Ferguson
HB: Bresnehan, Kearney, O'Shea
C: Craven, Riddell, Gatt
HF: Shierlaw, O'Loughlin, Eddey
F: Randall, E King
Foll: Rennie, Garner, M King
I/C: Slocombe, Savarirayan, Martin, Tripodi, Smith, Burke, McGrath, Bruton
Emg: Pullar, Shannon

AFLW practice match

It's great to see Jenna in the team

Last edited:
Leading 22-0 at quarter time.

I'm not entirely sure what benefit we will get from playing such a lowly team in the preseason, I'm not sure GWS will get any benefit from a thrashing either.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back