AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

the commentary was putrid.
And btw, it was one member of the commentary team drumming their hot take into everybody else's head.

Chyloe: "North in the wet are a concern" (because it was bone dry in the 1st half, remember...)
Ruby: "They will eventually work it out"
Chyloe: "So you agree, it's a real concern for this so-called premership contender????"
Ruby: "...no, they'll adapt when they really need to"
Chyloe: "BUT BRISBANE"

Like, ok, you've never heard of the saying "cue in the rack". But we heard you the first 800 times.
Who the **** is Shiloh/chyloe and why is she commentating?

Could take the cake for worst commentator ever

Guys it’s important we practice and fine tune our game for torrential rain that will somehow occur in summer during finals

And btw, it was one member of the commentary team drumming their hot take into everybody else's head.

Chyloe: "North in the wet are a concern" (because it was bone dry in the 1st half, remember...)
Ruby: "They will eventually work it out"
Chyloe: "So you agree, it's a real concern for this so-called premership contender????"
Ruby: "...no, they'll adapt when they really need to"
Chyloe: "BUT BRISBANE"

Like, ok, you've never heard of the saying "cue in the rack". But we heard you the first 800 times.
Was it also Chyloe shoving AoL's head into the guillotine after O'Dea did a deliberate cartwheel to headbutt the ground?

The sling tackle is a load of BS, the PA players jumped up straight away and struck Alice.
It’s simple really. Were both her arms pinned? If so, Alice could be in trouble. However, I don’t think the Port player’s head actually hit the turf, so she might get off. It’s a pity. She’s a magnificent tackler. However, if you’re going to hit that hard, you need to ensure the arm nearest the ground is free. It seems to being adjudicated like the “dragging the ball in while on the ground” rule.

Believe me there are a lot involved in the womens game who don’t want us winning. There’s a lot of jealousy about how well we done poaching and keeping our talent.

I think we only have 6 players left from the inaugural team. Kearney, Garner, Bruton, King, Randall and Riddell? I think all the others came later. We also got completely dicked in the draft since we came into the competition, we were given really shitty picks so we had to trade, take in Tasmanians and Irish ladies.

We went straight into being a second tier team behind the top end clubs like Adelaide, Brisbane and Melbourne primarily, it has only been last year that we broke into the top tier and this is the first year we probably look like being the flag favourite (as long as it doesn't rain). It doesn't make sense why they would hate us.

We lost a fair bit of our inaugural team to new clubs coming into the comp right after us.

We have been Geelong-like (of the men's team variety) that we have kept bringing in players and they have been able to step in and play to a good standard.

Who the **** is Shiloh/chyloe and why is she commentating?

Could take the cake for worst commentator ever

Guys it’s important we practice and fine tune our game for torrential rain that will somehow occur in summer during finals
She was a fine player back in the day. Not as good as her teammate Michelle Dench, but few were.

Massive disconnect between on-field prowess and her 'insight' on the mic. Certainly also views things through yellow-and-black glasses, and probably gets inspired by Caro's work.

I think we only have 6 players left from the inaugural team. Kearney, Garner, Bruton, King, Randall and Riddell? I think all the others came later. We also got completely dicked in the draft since we came into the competition, we were given really shitty picks so we had to trade, take in Tasmanians and Irish ladies.

We went straight into being a second tier team behind the top end clubs like Adelaide, Brisbane and Melbourne primarily, it has only been last year that we broke into the top tier and this is the first year we probably look like being the flag favourite (as long as it doesn't rain). It doesn't make sense why they would hate us.

We lost a fair bit of our inaugural team to new clubs coming into the comp right after us.

We have been Geelong-like (of the men's team variety) that we have kept bringing in players and they have been able to step in and play to a good standard.
Bresnahan was also in the inaugural team, but we didn't "steal" her from another team, she was one of those pesky Tasmanians. :)

Bresnahan was also in the inaugural team, but we didn't "steal" her from another team, she was one of those pesky Tasmanians. :)

I thought she and Mia King came the year after, I could be wrong.

I don't think they care if we win, they just think it is a hot take. Despite being shizenhousen in the second half, we only conceded one goal and that goal was because Kearney missed a 20m short pass by 10m.
Baically, they know North are very good.
Seriously? Its not great viewing, lets not beat around the bush here.. (no pun intended).

18 players on the ground I think is a necessity. They aren’t fit enough to run 16 on the ground and it obviously impacts their skills.
Duck, you’re comparing it to the men’s game. You have to stop doing that and enjoy what it has to offer. There’s none of the absolute crap that has crept into the men’s game - staging, for a start. It’s 100% effort and it’s elite women’s football. It’s nothing to do with the men’s game. Once you accept that, then you can enjoy it.

I thought she and Mia King came the year after, I could be wrong.
Mia King arrived in 2020, Bresnahan played four games in 2019 including our first AFLW game against the Blues.

Duck, you’re comparing it to the men’s game. You have to stop doing that and enjoy what it has to offer. There’s none of the absolute crap that has crept into the men’s game - staging, for a start. It’s 100% effort and it’s elite women’s football. It’s nothing to do with the men’s game. Once you accept that, then you can enjoy it.
Do you think there should be 18 players on the ground?

I dont compare them to the men. I compare the vast difference between a good player to a poor player and its stark. I judge it on its own merit.

The best of the crop remind me of our current senior best 22 afl list. The gap is too large.

18 players would help the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having said that, Duck, you don’t have to like it. 🤣

Do you think there should be 18 players on the ground?

I dont compare them to the men. I compare the vast difference between a good player to a poor player and its stark. I judge it on its own merit.

The best of the crop remind me of our current senior best 22 afl list for a best aflw team in the comp. The gap is too large.

18 players would help the game
🤣 Like Harry Sheezel to RHJ?

We didn’t poach Ash, we drafted her when no one else had.

We didn’t poach Ash, we drafted her when no one else had.

She was a free agent we picked up from the VFLW, it was a pre-listing before the draft. But yeah, she didn't come from another club.

I was just trying to say we weren't giften a premiership calibre team and just coasted, we lost a significant chunk of those first year players that went to new teams and they gave us as little as possible when it came to draft picks so we have had to trade aggressively and be creative. Geelong had a weaker team from 2019 but they were gifted premium draft picks which hindered the expansion clubs. They could have done what we did, there were a lot of quality ladies that came from the Geelong region.

She was a free agent we picked up from the VFLW, it was a pre-listing before the draft. But yeah, she didn't come from another club.

I was just trying to say we weren't giften a premiership calibre team and just coasted, we lost a significant chunk of those first year players that went to new teams and they gave us as little as possible when it came to draft picks so we have had to trade aggressively and be creative. Geelong had a weaker team from 2019 but they were gifted premium draft picks which hindered the expansion clubs. They could have done what we did, there were a lot of quality ladies that came from the Geelong region.
She was overlooked in the previous 2 drafts though, so it’s not like other teams didn’t have access to her.

But totally agree with the sentiment, majority of the players we brought in to start with have moved on (Stanton to GC, Ashmore to Hawks, etc) With our pre-AFLW involvement in women’s footy it baffles to think anyone would begrudge us having a premiership worthy team now.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back