AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah this.

42:6

WTF were they doing?
I’d like to think but, really, it’s a hope that we’re persisting with our game plan in the rain to ensure that we are better able to handle the conditions when we hit the business end of the season - if we have to face into a downpour. I’m sure if we were playing Adelaide or Brisbane in the wet, we’d adjust to the conditions. However, this evening we could persist with our handball-happy approach.

Baically, they know North are very good.

Duck, you’re comparing it to the men’s game. You have to stop doing that and enjoy what it has to offer. There’s none of the absolute crap that has crept into the men’s game - staging, for a start. It’s 100% effort and it’s elite women’s football. It’s nothing to do with the men’s game. Once you accept that, then you can enjoy it.
Spot on. I watch with my 7yo daughter and she loves it, couldn’t give a stuff about the men’s team tho. Unfortunately the umpiring is such low quality. The women’s game is entertaining as it is, but the umps really take some of the shine off.

Insane tackle numbers. 43 between King, Riddell and Tripodi.

O’Loughlin has really gone up a level this season and is looking uber fit.

Also enjoyed her employing the Jeremy Cameron/Nick Larkey squeeze the footy at the pointy ends as she lined up for goal.

So sick of these commentators, constantly talking down North, we’ve done what we needed to do under sh1t conditions and we move on.

Also (and not specifically referring to tonight considering conditions), but what has happened to Emma King? She has been invisible this season…
I think the return of Wall may have changed the way we use Rennie and King. Last season when Rennie was in the middle, King would play up forward as the third tall and when King was in the middle Rennie would go back and sit a kick behind the play. With Wall, Eddey and O'Loughlin up forward and forming a potent partnership with the talls, King hasn't been needed up forward as much as previous seasons and so she has been alternating with Rennie and sitting a kick behind play when not in the ruck and only going forward when Randall or Shierlaw need a rest on the bench. She has sort of become a 6-foot utility, her disposal, marks and hitout numbers are similar or slightly better than last year, but because she isn't kicking goals it feels like she isn't having the impact as previous seasons.

Insane tackle numbers. 43 between King, Riddell and Tripodi.

O’Loughlin has really gone up a level this season and is looking uber fit.

Also enjoyed her employing the Jeremy Cameron/Nick Larkey squeeze the footy at the pointy ends as she lined up for goal.
If Tripodi had of played in last year's GF ahead of Martin, I think we could have covered the loss of Bruton and won. She was pretty solid in her debut year, but her improvement this season has been amazing, doubled her disposals and almost tripled her tackles and clearances.

If Tripodi had of played in last year's GF ahead of Martin, I think we could have covered the loss of Bruton and won. She was pretty solid in her debut year, but her improvement this season has been amazing, doubled her disposals and almost tripled her tackles and clearances.
I reckon she has improved immensely, same with Amy Smith who covers the ground really well.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back