AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched a fair bit of it yesterday before flicking it over to Freo/Melbourne (thank goodness I did!). Saints are very much Wardlaw or bust coz the rest of the team's bloody ordinary. Playing Gold Coast and then Sydney & Essendon without Molloy and Toogood has definitely helped their ladder position.

Has there been any news from the MRO on O'Loughlin's tackle?

They made the decision on McKenzie's tackle within a day, but it's been a day a half since our game.

if there were anything I’d assume we’d have heard by now

Looked a fine tackle and paid holding the ball
I agree, I'm not sure the Power players head hit the ground, but you never know with the MRO, they gave her a week for a tackle that looked okay a few weeks ago.

Anyway, I hope you're right.

It appears O'Loughlin has been cleared by the MRO, they have just handed out their charges for Saturday's game.

1726995933310.png

Now, we hope her thumb injury won't keep her out of Wednesday's game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It appears O'Loughlin has been cleared by the MRO, they have just handed out their charges for Saturday's game.

Now, we hope her thumb injury won't keep her out of Wednesday's game.

Hope someone does a welfare check on Chyloe Kurdas and Ruby Schleicher. They'll be inconsolable at the news that their campaign to have AOL deregistered and charged with criminal offences has failed.

With Collingwood getting absolutely smacked by the Dogs on the weekend I find it even more interesting that Fox are using two Pies AFLW players for special comments on the broadcasts.
Can only assume that Harry & Jy will be in similar roles once the men's 2025 season rolls around.

With Collingwood getting absolutely smacked by the Dogs on the weekend I find it even more interesting that Fox are using two Pies AFLW players for special comments on the broadcasts.
Can only assume that Harry & Jy will be in similar roles once the men's 2025 season rolls around.
Ruby is a Fox regular - and for better or worse most of the AFLW broadcasts have a current player in the commentary team, I’ve heard many clubs represented including ours. Usually they are pretty good and have useful insights, but it does create issues when they cover potential MRO incidents. I don’t know who the other Pies player is but they have plenty on the sidelines with injury who would have time.

Ruby is a Fox regular - and for better or worse most of the AFLW broadcasts have a current player in the commentary team, I’ve heard many clubs represented including ours. Usually they are pretty good and have useful insights, but it does create issues when they cover potential MRO incidents. I don’t know who the other Pies player is but they have plenty on the sidelines with injury who would have time.
OK, I think it was Ruby on the Hawks/Saints game and someone else on the Tigers/Blues game. I've certainly seen other teams represented but two different Pies players in the space of a couple of days when their team's where it is had my antenna up.
I do agree most of the time the AFLW players that provide special comments on the occasional game are better than their regulars.....

The other Collingwood player sometimes providing special comments is Jordyn Allen, who is probably wise to be thinking about a career outside of playing footy with the way she's been performing on-field lately.

The Suns-Cats game on Saturday had Sarah Hosking and Grace Egan doing special comments, both Richmond players.

Of course it's a way for Fox Sports to save money, but it's also part of an agreement between the AFL and AFLPA to "provide a platform for AFLW players to work in the media".

The week just gone there were games every day/night, felt like the old lockdown days.
Every team will be having 4/5/6 day breaks for at least 3 weeks, all to play one extra game without calling it an extra round - AFL logic.
ludicrous isn't it.

The week just gone there were games every day/night, felt like the old lockdown days.
Every team will be having 4/5/6 day breaks for at least 3 weeks, all to play one extra game without calling it an extra round - AFL logic.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the economics of all this and perhaps Teen Wolf can weigh in here. Did the AFLPA didn't simply agree to the AFL and clubs paying players for a 10 week season but squeeze in 11 games? I just can't imagine the players association agreeing to that on a long-term basis as it's surely unsustainable. I appreciate that it's a cost-cutting way to get a little closer to the competitively fair 17 game fixture but from a labour perspective, it's exploitative and unfair. Perhaps it might work for savings on support staff wages but the onus on the players is pretty extreme.

OK, I think it was Ruby on the Hawks/Saints game and someone else on the Tigers/Blues game. I've certainly seen other teams represented but two different Pies players in the space of a couple of days when their team's where it is had my antenna up.
I do agree most of the time the AFLW players that provide special comments on the occasional game are better than their regulars.....
I remember getting mad that Libby Birch was trying to get one of our players suspended when she was with Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back