AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing i love about the team, win, lose, or draw, at home, or away, after every game, they always have time to engage with the fan's, also, love the singing of the song out on the ground.
They spent 45 minutes after the game hanging out with supporters. My kids loved it and were a bit star struck.

I just watched the post-match interview with Crocker and Mia King. Mia is our next captain. Jasmine is a great player, but doesn't have the qualities a captain needs. Mia has it in spades, is still young, is midfield. She's our next captain.
And Kearney is our next coach...:)

6 weeks for Kearney
Angry Kung Fu Panda GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the worst when i saw her limping along chatting to Ruby just before 2nd Q began, hope she can get back for the finals, even if it is the big one only.
5 more weeks before finals start so she will be fresh for the 2nd week of finals..

I thought the worst when i saw her limping along chatting to Ruby just before 2nd Q began, hope she can get back for the finals, even if it is the big one only.
For me it was when Kate was giving her a hug after the game. Kearney just looked very uncharacteristically bowed down.

Who sweeps behind the ball?
Maybe re-purpose Bruton?
Is Bruton a little too short (she is 9cms shorter than Kearney) to play a defensive role? She also needs to lock down an opponent.

Maybe we bring in Shannon and switch Wright to the "Kearney" role but I'm not sure she has a penetrating kick like Kearney.

Is Bruton a little too short (she is 9cms shorter than Kearney) to play a defensive role? She also needs to lock down an opponent.

Maybe we bring in Shannon and switch Wright to the "Kearney" role but I'm not sure she has a penetrating kick like Kearney.
She also doesn't have the experience and IQ that EK does. The way she reads the ball and hits the contest from 20 or 30m away is almost irreplaceable.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back