AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Smith will play every game if not injured - bookmark it nostrals
I'm not convinced she'll play every game, if Crocks can find another player who can do the defensive stuff that Smith does, but also provide more in offense I'm sure he replace her, but I'm not convinced Pullar is that person.

Perhaps he has already found her replacement in Tripodi, but because we keep losing players to injury Smith has been able to keep her spot.

Smith has her limitations, she isn't great in offense, her handballing is okay and she is not a long kick, thankfully she understands her limitations and doesn't try and kick further the 25/30 metres, but it does mean that she can be a bit of a speed bump at times when we are streaming forward. Surprisingly her career disposal efficiency is better than Ebony Marinoff (63.4% to 55.6%), and it is also better than Pullar (58.7%). Her strength is her defense, she is a strong tackler and is good at putting pressure on her opponents and reducing their effectiveness.

Smith is a good, reliable player but I think she has been passed by Tripodi and Craven in the pecking order and along with Martin is probably now just outside best 21.

Last edited:
Crows just fell over the line against the saints…. Spluttering l think
Not going to read too much into one game. They were unlucky to lose last week. Saints looked pretty good against them tonight but Crows can turn it on so fast - kicked a goal in the third by taking it right up the field with about 10 seconds to go - and really should have been further in front with their missed shots in the last.

Not going to read too much into one game. They were unlucky to lose last week. Saints looked pretty good against them tonight but Crows can turn it on so fast - kicked a goal in the third by taking it right up the field with about 10 seconds to go - and really should have been further in front with their missed shots in the last.
Lots of missed in front by crows…interesting game…they are a bit of an enigma st the moment…but geez that Norwood ground surface was shocking.

Saints flooded the back line and Crows missed about 4 or 5 set shots on goal, should have been a more comfortable win, misses made it close.

I agree but on the other hand I reckon the Saints were a bit stiff with some of the umpiring calls.

I think when you struggle to kick more than 3 goals then a few bad calls can be brutal.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back