AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine sacrificing the mens soft cap to make a seriously good AFLW team.

**** me! Thats a joke yeh? We are void of a serious assistant coach for the benefit of the AFLW?

Is it a pioneer business decision? Should such a decision be made when your club is a joke and on its knees? Im not sure
Why do you conclude we're diddling the soft cap to fund the AFLW program?

No actually I havent. We have 2 over paid players and pay one in our mens soft cap. We have ceiling on the player cap and we also have duel position coaches working in both admins.

No, I have not been proven anything. These girls are smashing every single club and had a stinker in the draw.

We over fund this competition.
"Clubs who are sponsoring the successful participants of the Women's Coaching Acceleration program are eligible to receive Soft Cap exemption."
Run along, sook.

No actually I havent. We have 2 over paid players and pay one in our mens soft cap. We have ceiling on the player cap and we also have duel position coaches working in both admins.

No, I have not been proven anything. These girls are smashing every single club and had a stinker in the draw.

We over fund this competition.
Isn’t Kearney’s position at the club funded by the AFL as some women in coaching initiative? Or at the very least partially funded?

Also, I’d be interested to know who these 2 overpaid players are in your opinion? And how exactly we’re paying them outside of the cap?

Why is the club so desperate to drag in and trade out of future draft picks? We dont have a short sponsorship? Our major sponsors have had enough, members have had enough..

if we can drag in a 10+ million dollar sponsorship from the womens game, it will be a master play. Cant see it happening and we 100% cut the men’s program short for it.
My God, this nut makes Donald Trump sound sane.

I was there and had my umbrella taken, but when the rain looked to be coming I went back, to the entrance and retrieved it given that half the crowd had their umbrellas up. Great game by the women. It was windy, and very wet in the third quarter.
Did you get your own or go for an upgrade?

We pay a AFLW player as a coach under our soft cap.. and one of the best in the comp.. approximately 300k, did a hamstring recently too
Co-funded by the AFL under the Women’s Coach Acceleration Program with the cost to the club exempt from the salary cap. But you already know that and you are deliberately misleading (ie lying).

The stark difference in IQ between our AFLW team and our men’s team is so important. The way the women invariably keep the ball moving. Constant little tap outs along the ground until we eventually get space and control. It’s a joy to behold. It will take a special or very lucky team to best us, if we play to form. We’re so well balanced. We’ve got hard players, dashing players, role players, targets, superstars - the lot. Gatt may develop into one of the best players in the league at the rate she’s going.
Northball.

"Clubs who are sponsoring the successful participants of the Women's Coaching Acceleration program are eligible to receive Soft Cap exemption."
Run along, sook.
It gets brutal when Teen Wolf present the facts. Kind of like a Vikki Wall tackle. Perfectly legal but you feel the bone crunch and you worry for the welfare of the poor sap on the other end of it.

What I know is that our Women's team are fun to watch. My boys and I have enjoyed going to our games this year.

What I don't know is how much our successful women's team negatively impacts our unsuccessful men's team. But I suspect it's not one ****en iota.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was there till 3/4 time, got absolutely drenched, comically so. Should have taken a Luke.

I did take a small umbrella but was not allowed to bring it in 🤔 though I saw many being used inside the ground.

I was really impressed by the team’s performance, they were great.
In regards to taking an umbrella into the ground , after the game we spoke to a security guy and he said that umbrellas were now being allowed into grounds and that it was announce during the week on radio. It seems that 1 entrance was letting people take umbrellas in while the other entance didnt. Maybe they were never told..Anyway onto next week ...

In regards to taking an umbrella into the ground , after the game we spoke to a security guy and he said that umbrellas were now being allowed into grounds and that it was announce during the week on radio. It seems that 1 entrance was letting people take umbrellas in while the other entance didnt. Maybe they were never told..Anyway onto next week ...
Had a great time nonetheless. Yeah, obviously the security at the entrance near the food trucks hadn't got the memo. Thx

Seriously, go to work and celebrate like the mens just beat the dogs team..

Okay. I will. That is, I won't mention it. Unless someone asks me about it and if they do I'll say I enjoyed it. Maybe it's my workmates, maybe it's me, but usually by Monday morning where I work, no one gives crap if my team won or not.

My enjoyment from NMFC has never been about rubbing my mates' noses in it. I'm not that shallow.

Apparently you can buy some cheap used umbrellas at the Roo Shop on Monday.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back