AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It does point to what could be considered an abusive workplace bullying aspect of kangalotto when you contemplate imposing it on the women's team.
It could be considered workplace bullying in the men’s.

I mean it’s tantamount to hazing.

It could be considered workplace bullying in the men’s.

I mean it’s tantamount to hazing.
Yeah that's what I mean (but didn't say it so clearly). When you look at it from the filter of the women's team and how wrong that would be, it shows just how rough it is on the boys. We laugh about it and we say, toughen up, cupcake, it's club culture and you need to fit in. But not one of us would have been happy to get hazed like that in our first job.

Yeah they open the gates at Arden St and Macaulay Rd after the game for people to exit but wasn't sure anyone could enter anywhere except Fogarty St.
I don’t think you can, security at all those possible entry points and the fence stopping anyone coming in from Macauley Rd. Whenever I park around there I have to walk all round the ground.

Jeez, Duck, you’re being a really unnecessary downer here. I’m far older and should be way more set in my ways than you. However, I’m really enjoying the product that our AFLW team are delivering right now. It deserves every cent of funding it gets, in my view. It’s not a farmers league, it’s an elite league - just like the Matildas, game. It has no detrimental effect on our men’s team or my “enjoyment” of supporting them.
I couldn’t get my 7yo daughter into the footy no matter how many men’s games I took her too. Now she’s in love with Jazzie and stood in the rain pointing at her all game today. I happen to love watching our girls anyway, but the team is opening new pathways to nmfc growing supporter base and finally some club success cannot be bad for the club at all. Crazy talk thinking this is a distraction! Finally some standards and (hopefully) success at NMFC! And it was the girls who’ve brought it!!

I think the fan experience at Arden St could be better. I understand the limitations we have but offering no shelter at all is a bit ordinary. I'm involved in local footy and for finals (the only instance where local footy can expect a 2k crowd) they set up more portaloos, food and drink and shelter than Arden St.

I think the fan experience at Arden St could be better. I understand the limitations we have but offering no shelter at all is a bit ordinary. I'm involved in local footy and for finals (the only instance where local footy can expect a 2k crowd) they set up more portaloos, food and drink and shelter than Arden St.
Yeah the ground really needs some work. Whitten oval is set up pretty well imo. Surely with the major work about to happen in the area we can take advantage and sort it out a bit.

Yeah the ground really needs some work. Whitten oval is set up pretty well imo. Surely with the major work about to happen in the area we can take advantage and sort it out a bit.
Unfortunately, we can’t afford it due all our funds being wasted on that blasted AFLW team! 🤣

Also the food options are very ordinary, far worse than at other grounds I’ve been to.

Just watched the replay and Tess was very good too.

You’re all barking mad. It’s obvious in results on how over funded our womens team is. Have a spell.

No we are not barking mad. We are actually enjoying a wonderful ride with the girls and long may that continue.

I for one am loving every minute of watching our girls win games of football and as they did today, thumping yet another team, in the same way that they and most other teams have been consistently thumping our boys over recent years.

This is for me at least, amongst other things, a time of revenge against the rest of the AFL and isn't revenge oh so sweet.

Embrace the (many) moment(s) and stop carrying on with your absurd notion that the AFLW team is being overfunded at the expense of the AFLM team.

Its just pure nonsense and you are throwing away a golden opportunity to enjoy something that has the potential to be very very special in the history of the North Melbourne Football Club.

And if you can't do that, then by all means throw it away in your own world but don't keep on posting your skewed version of things here. We don't need to read any of that ridiculous stuff you have been carrying on with ad nauseum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I for one think it’s a real bummer that our mods shut down Duck’s other thread. It was a perfect place for him to get his point of view across in a separate thread - away from this one. Also, I was annoyed it got shut down before I could point out to him that surely it’s a case of “robbing Peter to pay Paula”. 🤣

Can North start a Kangalotto for the womens team?;) Surely the girls would like it too... :rolleyes:
No mate, that's a men's team idea. The W's already have their own shenanigans in place.

Don't compare it to Kanga lotto though, for fear of offending people.

You'll need to listen to The Shinboners podcast with Ruby Tripodi to find out more....

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I had a cool $1k on our women’s team @$2.70 to win the flag a month ago. Suddenly I’m looking pretty switched on.
The lack of food options at Arden St doesn’t bother me. I just take a bottle of Jack and a protein bar to our home games, and no-one can say nothing.
I did buy a gyros from the Greek food van last year and it was abysmal. Yiannis Kouros would still be churning over in his grave.

The lack of dunnies is an issue though. I mean, I had to back one out at 1/2 time today in the driving rain. I was saturated and so trying to wipe the aftermath was tantamount to impossible. Luckily my hot dog had a napkin so I just used that.

The sooner we can play our home games at Colonial Stadium, the better.
C’mon Jen, make it happen.

I had a cool $1k on our women’s team @$2.70 to win the flag a month ago. Suddenly I’m looking pretty switched on.
The lack of food options at Arden St doesn’t bother me. I just take a bottle of Jack and a protein bar to our home games, and no-one can say nothing.
I did buy a gyros from the Greek food van last year and it was abysmal. Yiannis Kouros would still be churning over in his grave.

The lack of dunnies is an issue though. I mean, I had to back one out at 1/2 time today in the driving rain. I was saturated and so trying to wipe the aftermath was tantamount to impossible. Luckily my hot dog had a napkin so I just used that.

The sooner we can play our home games at Colonial Stadium, the better.
C’mon Jen, make it happen.
What did you rest your hotdog on while using the napkin to tidy things up Arthur?

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back