AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we’ll back our structure and system to get the job done from here on in. No doubt, we’ll put some time into curbing Ebony Marinoff. Apart from that, though, we’ll trust our system. Let Adelaide worry how they’re going to stop us…

I think we’ll back our structure and system to get the job done from here on in. No doubt, we’ll put some time into curbing Ebony Marinoff. Apart from that, though, we’ll trust our system. Let Adelaide worry how they’re going to stop us…
Exactly this. Unless somebody got off the chain, we are not playing match ups. We will go with our rotations and tactics and zoning/positioning and have faith that our players win more of the ball and do all the damage on the scoreboard.

Right now, we’re like Geelong going into the 2007 finals series. We have everything in place. All that is left for us to do is to execute. Remember, though, Collingwood nearly derailed them in the prelim that year. Nothing is certain, obviously.

That doesn’t solve the matchup for her when she’s forward

She plays more forward than mid
I had no issues with the suggestions you made with Birch or O'Shea when she is down back, but in the 6 or 7 Adelaide games I've seen this season they do throw her in the centre if they are struggling in the midfield, and I'm expecting there will be periods tonight where they will struggle. In those periods (and I hope there are plenty of them) I think it would be great to give Wall a chance to run with her at some stage, I think she is one of the few players with speed and strength to match her, and if given the chance, bury her in the Norwood Oval turf.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back