News North Melbourne membership day Wednesday on SEN

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like the topic of gay footballers has taken precedence over our membership day. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Good incentive for those who haven't signed up yet, 11 game membership at the price of a 3 game membership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
TODAY ONLY - Buy a 3 Game Membership and they'll upgrade you to a free 11 Game membership for 2017. Quote SEN to claim - call 1300 KANGAS (1300 526 427).

Is that fair to the people who purchased an 11 game already?
"Fair" is subjective, but if they had a one day 50% off Roo shop the day after you bought a hoodie it wouldn't feel fair either. It's the nature of using incentives to stimulate demand.

"Fair" is subjective, but if they had a one day 50% off Roo shop the day after you bought a hoodie it wouldn't feel fair either. It's the nature of using incentives to stimulate demand.
Giveaways and comps specific to prospective members that exclude loyals are way more irritating.

TODAY ONLY - Buy a 3 Game Membership and they'll upgrade you to a free 11 Game membership for 2017. Quote SEN to claim - call 1300 KANGAS (1300 526 427).

Is that fair to the people who purchased an 11 game already?
Yes. It's a called a sale or a deal and is used widely in retail and marketing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giveaways and comps specific to prospective members that exclude loyals are way more irritating.

I get what you are saying.

It's like buying an album on the day it's released then a few months later the ltd edition comes out with bonus tracks etc

I was going to purchase my membership last week but decided to hold off to see what the offer would be on the SEN NMFC Membership Day & am glad I've waited - not just for myself but I've also managed to easily convince 2 people who weren't members to sign up now as well.

The system works.

I was going to purchase my membership last week but decided to hold off to see what the offer would be on the SEN NMFC Membership Day & am glad I've waited - not just for myself but I've also managed to easily convince 2 people who weren't members to sign up now as well.

The system works.
Yep. Finally got my mate on board with the SEN upgrade. Previous footy agnostic and now on board NMFC.

The system works.
It all depends on how many people hold off to buy the deal compared to how many people sign up because of the discount. In your case the club has made money because the 2 people you encouraged to join up cover your discount plus some. But next year how many people are now going to wait to get the half price deal?

I haven't signed up. Expecting a crazy 2017 with a new baby coming and my wife is the only one I ever go to the footy with. Can't see us getting any games in. When I heard this deal I gave them a call...

...it is $107. Rather expensive for a 3 game membership imo. So they say, oh but it is $97 if you want to auto renew each season for an 11 game membership. I just HATE this. The club says "people forget to renew, so we will make it easy by storing their payment details of file and auto renewing, and give them a discount!". I think the real story is "we know people forget about stuff like this, so we will penalize people who don't allow us to bill them willy-nilly for membership renewals."

It made me so angry I've refused to re-sign. To be honest, I am still a bit dark on the whole Boomer thing. But anyway, if anyone wants to talk me into it, I guess you have about 45 minutes. Don't talk to me about loyalty, I'm a supporter, a member a business decision. Tell me what I would be missing out... grand final tickets (one day) through continuous membership is on my mind.

Remove this Banner Ad

News North Melbourne membership day Wednesday on SEN

Remove this Banner Ad

Back