shinboner_99

Off the Bench
Feb 9, 2002
Arden St
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North
Over the years players have left us and joined us. Many I consider to be true North men irrespective of where they came from or where they went to. Some just don't cut it.

For example Josh Gibson will never be considered to be a true North man by me because of the way he left.
However David Hale is and will always be one of us.

No matter that he is a premiership player and captain Barry Davis will always be Essendon to me, but John Cassin is true Roo through and through.

There are many others, what are your thoughts?

A couple of thoughts off the top of my head (and trying to put aside soft spots, or at least accepting that other clubs' suppoters would have soft spots too):

Blakey, Laidley, Freeborn, Grant, Abraham - one of us

Rocca, Porter, Hay, Green - one of them

Bell, Colbert, Thompson N - the parents get to share custody

Brown L, Pickett - more of a nomad than tied to anyone in particular

A couple of thoughts off the top of my head (and trying to put aside soft spots, or at least accepting that other clubs' suppoters would have soft spots too):

Sav is definitely North to me.

I'd put Sav in the shared category, Freeborn goes with Gibson - one of them!

Carlton can have Morrell and Teague, Martyn and McKernan.Port can have Shazza Motlop, Pickett would love both clubs but any potential f/s options are ours so...

Also Martyn?? Played 287 games for us and 13 for Carlton? Is Dennis Pagan a Carlton man too? I don't think I understand what you mean.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Colbert and Rocca as ours. Both fell in love with North despite lengthy careers at a couple of downtrodden clubs.

The retirement gigs of Carey, Martyn and McKernon at the Crows and Blues didn't even happen in my book. North champions through and through who just had disappointing ends to their careers.

And Big H will always be a North man. Still hasn't worn the Geelong guernsey in anger, partly because of injury to the heartstrings.

Freeborn for the GF ours.

Rocca - both

McKernan and Martyn are most def ours.

Pickett I still look as ours and spent last couple of years of his career there.

What about Jess Sinclair? Spider Burton? Ding dong dell pussy's in the well who put him there little Peter Bell? JWS (what too soon?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back