Preview North Melbourne v Melbourne - The Team (in Hansen, Edwards; out Anthony, Pedersen)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: North Melbourne v Melbourne - The Team

Great INs, really gonna stretch Melbourne's height with so many of their tall players out. Just hope it doesnt rain a shitload otherwise would like to see Cruize come in.
Its at Jihad I think so it better not rain!

Can anyone confirm this information, especially that in bold:

Edwards is tipped to be the biggest call-up from Arden Street.

He has only played three games in 2011 so far but is expected to join small goal opportunist Ben Warren in the Kangas line-up.

But the struggling Kangas have injury concerns to important defenders Daniel Pratt and Scott McMahon ahead of confronting an inspired Demons after their massive 96-point thumping of Adelaide last round.

Raking midfielder Sam Wright is also a doubtful starter with the Kangas because of a shoulder injury he copped against Geelong last round.

North languish in 15th spot on the AFL ladder with just a single win and copped an 11-goal thrashing from powerful Cats at Geelong.

Pratt failed to complete North's training session on Wednesday with a groin complaint and McMahon was a no show at all.

Edwards, who has booted 76 goals in his 56-game career and Warren has kicked 32 in his 26 outings, were used in strategically key forward roles in North's main training drills on Wednesday.

The Kangas could make at least one more change in their midfield make-up with emerging third-year follower Jack Ziebell potentially replaced by Levi Greenwood.

Greenwood, 22, is believed to be in line for a run-with role against Demons on-ball division which was in top form to demolish the Crows with Brent Moloney, Nathan Jones, Aaron Davey and Colin Sylvia all prominent.

http://www.***************.com.au/articles/2011/05/12/north-bolster-scoring-power/
When the hell was that published? Greenwood? Not even an emg.

Can anyone confirm this information, especially that in bold:

Edwards is tipped to be the biggest call-up from Arden Street.

He has only played three games in 2011 so far but is expected to join small goal opportunist Ben Warren in the Kangas line-up.

But the struggling Kangas have injury concerns to important defenders Daniel Pratt and Scott McMahon ahead of confronting an inspired Demons after their massive 96-point thumping of Adelaide last round.

Raking midfielder Sam Wright is also a doubtful starter with the Kangas because of a shoulder injury he copped against Geelong last round.

North languish in 15th spot on the AFL ladder with just a single win and copped an 11-goal thrashing from powerful Cats at Geelong.

Pratt failed to complete North's training session on Wednesday with a groin complaint and McMahon was a no show at all.

Edwards, who has booted 76 goals in his 56-game career and Warren has kicked 32 in his 26 outings, were used in strategically key forward roles in North's main training drills on Wednesday.

The Kangas could make at least one more change in their midfield make-up with emerging third-year follower Jack Ziebell potentially replaced by Levi Greenwood.

Greenwood, 22, is believed to be in line for a run-with role against Demons on-ball division which was in top form to demolish the Crows with Brent Moloney, Nathan Jones, Aaron Davey and Colin Sylvia all prominent.

sports news first.com.au/articles/2011/05/12/north-bolster-scoring-power/

Sounds like a joke, not too many facts in that lot, consideng Warren isn't playing and Greenwood wasn't even named.

The author, Kim Hagdorn, is the main AFL writer for the Perth Sunday Times. Obviously was written before the teams were released - he hasn't got too many right, unless there are to be some late changes.

What do Garlett and Warren have to do to get a game?
In regards to Garlett he just needs to find a lot less of the footy, blow up early and get drafted higher. If he can't get these basics right then how can we wait for him to flick a switch and become a future captain.

Well this is it for Azza...

10 goals in the VFL is awesome and had to play this week - time to take it to the next level. None of ths "the effort was there" or "he wasn' the worst out there". None of this going missing for 80% and then grabbing a cheap goal or two to inflate the averages.

His first few minutes of the season against West Coast were fantastic. We pushed the ball forward and Azza was there to grab it like a vice and provide link. It made us look so much better.

Hard running to link up, hold your marks, hard running back, kick the goals.

Do it for 5 weeks straight.

He can still be a gun, or he will be gone...

Trengove appeal failed.

Sounds like it was a weak presentation.

Trengove appeal failed.

Sounds like it was a weak presentation.

All in all sounds like they got some pretty shitty advice. Stupid rule is still a rule. According to one of the mods on the Adelaide board the tackle was pretty much a textbook copy of the example given in the DVD the AFL sends out to the clubs at the start of each season to highlight rule changes and interpretations.

Regardless of whether the rule is fair, or the sanctions stipulated are excessive, if they are there in black and white the tribunal or MRP don't have much wriggle room. It's like somebody arguing against their drug possession charge by saying that the law is an ass and they're not hurting anyone but themselves.

Garlett should be in for Anthony.
Edwards shouldnt be in hes not consistant (even in the twos)
I said it before Brad Scott doesnt like Garlett feel for the guy getting robbed of games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garlett should be in for Anthony.
Edwards shouldnt be in hes not consistant (even in the twos)
I said it before Brad Scott doesnt like Garlett feel for the guy getting robbed of games.

The only thing I can think of if he is not playing to some instruction. Otherwise, I don't really understand why he was dropped in the first place. He didn't have a great game against Richmond, but he was hardly our worst.

However, I think Edwards was probably the right call this week. Garlett needs to just keep bashing down the door.

I thought that tarrant had a blinder in the magoos last week?? not an emergancy??
Thank god Liam "the vagina" Anthony was dropped, mate go back grow a set and put in for the hard ball when required...

what does garlett have to do??????

please put him in the side and leave him there Brad cmon...:footy:

Why did we get McKinley if we aren't going to play him?

On the changes fair calls as LA was playing soft as, good to see Azza and Hansen back in. Pedersen should get more game time in the VFL before he comes back in as a DEFENDER not a forward or ruck.

Why did we get McKinley if we aren't going to play him?

Cause he played round one and was crap. Has to earn his spot in the 2s.

And when I say crap, I mean didn't touch the ball in 3 1/4s crap.

Frawley, Garland and Warnock is where we can exploit Melbourne.

All 3 can't handle Petrie, Hansen and Edwards, and I expect the North mids to be banging the ball in long all day.

Petrie will kick goals on any of them.

Thomas is also going to be a handful.

Melbourne are going to have to kick a lot of goals to beat us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview North Melbourne v Melbourne - The Team (in Hansen, Edwards; out Anthony, Pedersen)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back