2nds Northern Blues 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Really struggling, lacking numbers, Blues midfield is non existent and their defence isn't great. Really tough for the blues forwards just not seeing a lot of the footy.

Get a feeling that Reynolds has some ability as a medium marking forward and would probably prefer playing in the AFL.
Watson, dropped a sitter mark, hit his forearms, but has done well otherwise. I get the feeling that if we were better he'd kick a few bags, he's leading to the right areas, he's using the ball well, should play in the senior team next week.
Cripps looks a bit lighter than he did earlier in the season, needs to be taught and developed how to be better in the air, he isn't too bad, just feel he could be quite a dangerous player with his height if he was more a marking type. He's big but he hasn't got the strength and hardness of a mature player yet. Looked a bit tired today.
Byrne has nice skills, something to work with here.
Temay isn't hard enough at the contest, skills look alright, panics a bit when pressure is coming, just doesn't get in there and get involved.
McInness isn't quick enough, tall enough or strong enough but is a good honest player. Might make a player in a few years if he was to fill out. Not tall enough or strong enough for tall forwards, especially as he doesn't seem to have a big leap. Those good medium/small AFL forwards would be too quick and agile I feel. Needs a bit more intensity.
Warnock is hopeless, shouldn't get out marked like he does, ruck work is crap, he can't jump at the moment.
Gleeson has some potential.
Garlett showed some good signs, chased and tackled on occasion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To the next phase of their sporting lives.

The Northern Blues do need a little more maturity and height for next year and not because of the result today.
The kids are broken by half time in some games and that doesn't do anyone favours.
Phew, you had me worried there! For a moment, I thought you meant through to next year

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Northern Blues 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back