Northern Bullants - Carlton Aligned together no more

Remove this Banner Ad

Brilliant arguments, you two! Now tell me who is the tosser or has no clue! How about proving me wrong rather than just sinking to name calling, huh?

Preston has PLENTY of parking - except when the market is on. And the fact that the railway station is close by is a PLUS - not a minus! And I don't hear the VAFA complaining about it as a finals venue! Even the DVFL wanted to use it - only to be scuttled by a greedy council!

I never said Coburg's stand was a shocker. I said it was poorly positioned. Preston's stand is smack on the wing - that's where I based that argument.

Where's the cover at Box Hill? Nowhere. Plenty of cover at Frankston. OK, the stand isn't a mod-con but that's beside the point. I like Frankston's layout - and that's a personal opinion (emphasis on "personal")

If you want to disagree - that's okay with me. But you do you own credibility no good at all by this pathetic name calling that comes out of the definition of "spoilt brat". And having a go at a personal opinion like that just places emphasis on your low level of credibility.

Timelord your opinion is clearly bias, there is not a chance in the world anyone in there right mind would have Cramer as a good venue.
It would possibly be in the bottom 3 venues in the VFL. Cramer st,Frankston (Your fav) and Williamstown have the worst grounds in the league.
Anyway it wont be a factor next year when the VFL revokes there license, should have done it years ago!!!!

Originally posted by tige19
Timelord your opinion is clearly bias, there is not a chance in the world anyone in there right mind would have Cramer as a good venue.
It would possibly be in the bottom 3 venues in the VFL. Cramer st,Frankston (Your fav) and Williamstown have the worst grounds in the league.
Anyway it wont be a factor next year when the VFL revokes there license, should have done it years ago!!!!

same thing can be said about you tige19 about be bias to coburg being a current day player.
What makes you think the VFL will revoke Northern Bullants liecence, they tryed a couple years ago and it got them nowhere.

Originally posted by timelord
Preston has PLENTY of parking - except when the market is on. And the fact that the railway station is close by is a PLUS - not a minus! And I don't hear the VAFA complaining about it as a finals venue! Even the DVFL wanted to use it - only to be scuttled by a greedy council!

Coburg ground has plenty of parking, and close transport by train and tram. Coburg football ground is being used by the EDFL for finals venue this year.

I got no problem with both grounds from a viewing point of view. But the actual playing ground i dont know what the conditions are.

Originally posted by timelord

Except when the market is on??, so how often is the market open on a weekend? u cant compare preston to coburg it is a much better ground to view footy, better surface, better social facilities and better coaches facilities

See Scotty Palmers Punchlines today. Said one AFL club in particular is looking for a more "productive" relationship at a VFL level. He hints that the unnamed club will be "roaring" to get in touch with Preston.
You dont have to know much about the VFL to know that the Tigers and Coburg have had enough with each other and a split is almost inevitable. There would have to be serious doubts on Coburg's future if the Tigers left them high and dry.

Lets face it, noone is aware of the finacial positions of both Preston and Coburg although we have been assured Coburg is alot more healthier than people think.
It is assure at the club that Richmond want to stay on and make this partnership work.
The bond between the Richmond and Coburg listed players is sensational everyone mingles and sticks together like glue, which is why i belive it is more than important to keep this merger strong.
I am not 100% aware of our finacial position but i can tell you that all our match payments have been paid, we have had fantastic jackets and Polo tops for kicks as well training tops Nike shorts,Socks and bags.
Im sure if the club was that poor they would be taking all this out of the club payments or charging us.

cheers

Does it really matter which ground is better?

Both grounds have large terraced standing areas and some shelter for supporters so who can complain with that?

I know that both have things they could fix up both for spectators. But they are probably two of my favourite grounds for watching footy because they are much better than holes like Box Hill and Williamstown.

Originally posted by My North
same thing can be said about you tige19 about be bias to coburg being a current day player.
What makes you think the VFL will revoke Northern Bullants liecence, they tryed a couple years ago and it got them nowhere.

Thank you, My North! Anyway, I was TRYING to be unbiased - given that I actually placed Cramer Street BEHIND the likes of Port Melbourne, Frankston and Sandringham.

As for Bomber;
"Except when the market is on??, so how often is the market open on a weekend? u cant compare preston to coburg it is a much better ground to view footy, better surface, better social facilities and better coaches facilities"

The market is not open on Sunday, except on a long weekend. Saturday's vary - especially during the winter. (As far as I can remember)

And I smell bias in that reflection on the other issues - especially on the viewing issue! I disagree with that TOTALLY! I want to watch a game on the wing. Is there cover on the wing at Coburg? No. Is there cover on the wing at Preston? YES! The surfaces are about equal (as My North said, Coburg is being used for EDFL finals). I haven't seen Coburg's facilities for some time so I can't comment on that.

But My North, Preston is MUCH closer to a railway station than Coburg.

Well said, footyman! With you all the way about Box Hill!

And an interesting note from the Guru! Wonder who's apparantly jumping on the Bullant bandwagon? Richmond? ;)

Originally posted by footyman
Does it really matter which ground is better?

Both grounds have large terraced standing areas and some shelter for supporters so who can complain with that?

I know that both have things they could fix up both for spectators. But they are probably two of my favourite grounds for watching footy because they are much better than holes like Box Hill and Williamstown.

OK, Box Hill might be a bit wide and not have a lot of cover - but it's a hell of a lot better than Willi! Good change rooms, good social club, great food. And we usually win there! ;)

Originally posted by GOALden Hawk
OK, Box Hill might be a bit wide and not have a lot of cover - but it's a hell of a lot better than Willi! Good change rooms, good social club, great food. And we usually win there! ;)
Yes, how many rows of seats has the grandstand got at Box Hill? and how badly is it elevated? Half the seats are blocked by the wire fence race on the sides!!!

Great food at Box Hill?? Try the Hot Dogs at Trevor Barker Oval when the VFL is on and then you'll know what great food tastes like :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to seeing how the crowd is at North Port on Saturday could be a shocker considering crap crowds these two clubs have been getting lately. Interesting that two of the best drawing former VFA clubs in Sandy and Port are playing and it ofcourse is at Ports home ground.
I reckon anything over 1500 would be a good crowd.

Originally posted by weewilly
Looking forward to seeing how the crowd is at North Port on Saturday could be a shocker considering crap crowds these two clubs have been getting lately. Interesting that two of the best drawing former VFA clubs in Sandy and Port are playing and it ofcourse is at Ports home ground.
I reckon anything over 1500 would be a good crowd.
Port v Sandy could have got 1500 people to a home and away game prior to the amalgamated comp. If that's all they get this week, whoever runs the VFL should commit sebuku.

Apparently an announcement within the next fortnight about the Coburg and Richmond alliance. Not sure which way it will go, hopefully for both clubs the right decision is made. It is going to be really interesting to see what happens here.

They might not be the only clubs having some discussions about their futures at the moment though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Northern Bullants - Carlton Aligned together no more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back