Northern Saints FC

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDFL has released a statement, only 2 players were reported however there is an investigation. Feel sorry for the poor kids umpiring the game as finals are a big time of year for umpires too and they have to deal with this crap now on top of trying to focus in on their biggest match of the year this coming sunday. Hopefully league puts a lot of pressure on mainly NS, especially if the bloke charged by police is found guilty and is a senior player!

As a former NS player i was annoyed at the comment in the herald sun by Anne Wright claiming that NS codoning underage drinking, and violence. this is totally not true. and those photos you talk about of under 18 players drinking on a drunken night, if that is true, are probably 18 years old. you can be 18 and play in the under 18's.

EDFL has released a statement, only 2 players were reported however there is an investigation. Feel sorry for the poor kids umpiring the game as finals are a big time of year for umpires too and they have to deal with this crap now on top of trying to focus in on their biggest match of the year this coming sunday. Hopefully league puts a lot of pressure on mainly NS, especially if the bloke charged by police is found guilty and is a senior player!

pressure on NS? what about Tulla? there where TWO teams involved not one. and the bloke charged is not a SENIOR PLAYER.

pressure on NS? what about Tulla? there where TWO teams involved not one. and the bloke charged is not a SENIOR PLAYER.

As a former NS player i was annoyed at the comment in the herald sun by Anne Wright claiming that NS codoning underage drinking, and violence. this is totally not true. and those photos you talk about of under 18 players drinking on a drunken night, if that is true, are probably 18 years old. you can be 18 and play in the under 18's.

That was a disgraceful article.
The blokes drinking are 18. Reporting without research. :thumbsdown:

gunna love reading what there comeback to this will be! most likely make up some kind of dribble

sainters12reiwoldt and hardballget - very true
put it this way, ive been at the northen saints/north coburg saints for 8 years, and in my life there i have never seen that sort of endevour off the football.
This bloke that comes on the field right, no one even knew who he was at the time or where he came from. One of the NS players brother.. if the club knew what his intentions were, or even knew he was there, everything possible WOULD of been done to supress his actions before they occured. Sadly in life you cant predict what a person can do.
The act by one or two of the NS boys was completely out of club character and suggests nothing about the morals around the place. And of course they will be dealt with with full extent.

sainters12reiwoldt and hardballget - very true
put it this way, ive been at the northen saints/north coburg saints for 8 years, and in my life there i have never seen that sort of endevour off the football.
This bloke that comes on the field right, no one even knew who he was at the time or where he came from. One of the NS players brother.. if the club knew what his intentions were, or even knew he was there, everything possible WOULD of been done to supress his actions before they occured. Sadly in life you cant predict what a person can do.
The act by one or two of the NS boys was completely out of club character and suggests nothing about the morals around the place. And of course they will be dealt with with full extent.

Very good post. Sensible and honest. :thumbsu:

In all fairness we can only comment on the information we do have (which lets be honest most is hearsay and general crap) but from the video footage it does seem the NS player took the brawl to the "next" level and it was obviously a NS supporter who committed the deed, so of course from what we have to judge on its fair to say liability should lie more heavily with NS as somebody needs to take responsibility for what happened (in a footy community perspective obviously the police will look after the legal issues). Note i did say mainly, of course Tulla need to be held to answer for their role all i was saying (now rather long windedly) that NS probably have greater responsibility

In all fairness we can only comment on the information we do have (which lets be honest most is hearsay and general crap) but from the video footage it does seem the NS player took the brawl to the "next" level and it was obviously a NS supporter who committed the deed, so of course from what we have to judge on its fair to say liability should lie more heavily with NS as somebody needs to take responsibility for what happened (in a footy community perspective obviously the police will look after the legal issues). Note i did say mainly, of course Tulla need to be held to answer for their role all i was saying (now rather long windedly) that NS probably have greater responsibility

Yes thatguy.
Thats the saddening part that lack of information and emotions have potentially posioned a great club at NS. The people at NS have jumped on the issue holding it in HUGE priority. The NS player will be dealt with and if the DOG striker was a real NS supporter, he would not of commited that sort of SHIT! This was a bloke supporting **** all

i would hate my kids playing there footy or cricket. if thats what they dish up

no affence mate but ur a twit how can u label a whole club over two stupid acts by two or three ppl honestly and the kid that started the fight has been charged but what also the video didnt show was the northern saints kid get bumped to the ground after the seiren no1 thinks what he did was acceptable anywhere but if u play footy for 3 months den lose it in 3 or 4 mins den some kid rubs it in he obvisly snapped now im not defending what he has down bczo it was a cowards act and he should be dealt with and will be the the police in court

Just thought I would drop in and read a few of the posts after seeing the story on the news. However I am having trouble understanding a few. Are we in south central LA? or in the greatest country in the world? Our culture is going down the Sh!tter and half the Dumb ass kids in this city think they are gangbangers- they talk and type like they are in the hood. Please people, if you are going to post a little english would not hurt. Us old bastards are having trouble understanding!!

NS have been involved in to many incidents this year, especially at the U16 level, as have Jacana. Not sure how many clubs and parents will actually let their kids play against these clubs in the future.

Especially at U16 level? Haven't watched any of the juniors so I wouldn't know but there's certainly been no incidents of note at U18/reserve/senior level.

In my five years at the club I've never had any issue at all with the culture of the place...some genuinely good people involved who want nothing more than to see the club succeed and won't tolerate crap like this.

Really hurts the image of the club but unfortunately it isn't something you'd have known would happen beforehand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Known to a club member duznt mean known to the club. Not active within the club, 99.9% have never laid eyes on him. Maybethe eanker was a pies fan trying to emulate Brodie?

like i said i dont blame NS for trying to distance themselves from the bloke. Dont tell porky pies though.

Smart comment that last one....seems someones on the back foot! :eek: i think everyone bar yourself realises the difference between the 2 incidents

like i said i dont blame NS for trying to distance themselves from the bloke. Dont tell porky pies though.

Smart comment that last one....seems someones on the back foot! :eek: i think everyone bar yourself realises the difference between the 2 incidents

Of course I can see the difference. But there are no pork pies. I'm there 3-4 days a week and have never seen him before. The guy is obviosly an oxygen theif, but stop blaming the club for one coward beyond our control.

Big penalties handed out last night at the tribunal (there was a 10 weeker handed out to a kid last tuesday i.e. the 11th of August but thats just a side point) 8 and 6 weeks - thats a big penatly, would i be wrong to geuss kid copping 8 was the one who on the herald sun's video can be seen king hitting a tulla player?

Big penalties handed out last night at the tribunal (there was a 10 weeker handed out to a kid last tuesday i.e. the 11th of August but thats just a side point) 8 and 6 weeks - thats a big penatly, would i be wrong to geuss kid copping 8 was the one who on the herald sun's video can be seen king hitting a tulla player?

Yes you are wrong. The one who got 8 weeks was yet another player who ran from the bench to belt another Tulla player. He got 8 weeks. The kid who was seen on the footage got 6 weeks for the first hit on the Tulla player. There was more than one hit by that same player which will be followed up in the investigation. More weeks to come for that player i'm tipping.

Yes you are wrong. The one who got 8 weeks was yet another player who ran from the bench to belt another Tulla player. He got 8 weeks. The kid who was seen on the footage got 6 weeks for the first hit on the Tulla player. There was more than one hit by that same player which will be followed up in the investigation. More weeks to come for that player i'm tipping.

be interesting to be a fly on the wall during the investigation!

Not one tulla player threw a punch? Amazing!!!

The investigation will bring out whether Tulla players threw punches I'm sure.

In the interests of both clubs, I think Tullamarine should hand over the match video, or a copy of it even so that both clubs can make proper investigations into the events of the day.

please be careful in making unfounded accusations about people involved. You can lead yourself open to defamtion and being sued by the relevant parties Comments have been deleted but are still on our database. So they can still be used in evidence against you.

BigFooty does not take the fall for what you post, you do.

last time i checked the coach was part of the club?

What constitutes the club...the president, secretary and treasurer? grow up he was clearly known to individuals, who act in official capacity for the Northern Saints Football Club

are you for real? so are you saying everyone that they know their clubs must know also so every friend of players are also known to the club?

Obviously I know nothing about the match, or the clubs, so please accept these questions in the spirit of someone trying to get a handle on the league and clubs involved.

What does it take to kick a player off a team entirely?

If you have a player going onto the ground and king-hitting other players what is the justification for keeping that player in your club? How much can you blame it on the heat of the moment? These guys are surely old enough to know right from wrong and to control themselves?

Do you have a heap of players now knowing that, even if they get caught on camera, the worst they'll get is a couple of months off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back