Norwood v Central District

Remove this Banner Ad

GO YOU LEGS!!!!!!

Thanks to Adelaide Hawk. Is always good to check out this board knowing you would have done a thread on the Norwood game. I miss out if I don't come on here.

LiaLovesRoo32 said:
GO YOU LEGS!!!!!!

Thanks to Adelaide Hawk. Is always good to check out this board knowing you would have done a thread on the Norwood game. I miss out if I don't come on here.

Thanks for that, it was great to see the Leggies get up this afternoon, and it's good to know people are reading. I see you are a victim of geography like me. I'm a Hawk living in Adelaide and you are a Crow living in Melbourne. Isn't life unfair sometimes? :)

Adelaide Hawk said:
Thanks for that, it was great to see the Leggies get up this afternoon, and it's good to know people are reading. I see you are a victim of geography like me. I'm a Hawk living in Adelaide and you are a Crow living in Melbourne. Isn't life unfair sometimes? :)

I love living in Melbourne but do miss hearing about my beloved Legs, but thanks to you I don't have to miss out anymore :)
I have been gone from Adelaide for almost 10 years so not sure I could come back now. To be honest I like being out numbered here at the footy too, especially when the Crows win :D

Dogs season is gone. We have lost all passion. Its not a lack of depth - the players out there should be able to do the job....there looks like there is a massive problem out there - but what the hell is it???? I thought the bronx cheers of Schelly were unwarranted - the delivery to him was absolutely shocking. Try kicking it to his chest..not at his feet. Dutschke looked a league player on debut - the only real blight was him missing the goal 10mtrs out right infront in the last. that wouldve had the dogs up by about 2 goals, and couldve made the difference to the attitude. We keep going for the wrong option - handballing to players standing still, or under pressure, rather than just kicking the bloody ball long and DOWN THE FRIKKEN MIDDLE...is it that hard??????????????????? Arnott did a great piece of work to intercept the ball in the first ten mins of the last, and scored a great goal, but where was the enthusiasm...everyone just went back to their positions rather than go and congratulate him and get fired up. When we slowed the play down, we were fine, but constantly trying to quickly move the ball on usually brought us unstuck(see scoullar kicking into man on mark, or handballing to man standing still beside him). Thankgod for west, and their injuries, cos currently, the dogs are a rabble and the worst team in the league. :mad:

What a disgraceful performance. Absolutely embarrasing.

There's a problem at the club OK, nobody wants to do the hard work anymore.

I havent given the season up yet because the players are capable but not with that sort of effort. You get out what you put in and too many just simply arent putting in the big ones. We have to get back to making it happen instead of just expecting it to fall into place.

Dispicable. NO PASSION NOTHING!!! they seem like they just dont care anymore, they have nearly the same side as for most of last year and are playing like they are stuck in glue. RUBBISH! rocks in their heads.

Need to inject some passion into their game if they are to start winning and winning well.

Bye bye Dogs.
I'm disappointed - but, hey we've had a good five seasons.
Let's hope we get back up off the carpet and do something to restore that much vaunted pride, if nothing else, this season.

Things not looking too good in any grade for Centrals at the moment. The wheel had to turn eventually.

Said it at the start of the year that Centrals would not be in the GF this year, now it looks like they wont make the 5, where is Footyboy, like i told you, the wheel will turn and you will be ******** again, hahaha :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide Hawk said:
Tsk tsk, all this talk about how bad Centrals were ... how good were Norwood?
Norwood were made to look ok, but the reality is, they were average. If we had played Sturt, South or the Eagles they would have thumped us by about 70 odd points. I am very worried about our next few matches!
Dogs really missed Quinno (driver) Cowans (back spasms) and Schelly had been up all night with the birth of his second child. However, this poor form has been around for weeks.

vacekadelaide said:
Schelly had been up all night with the birth of his second child.

not a bad bloody effort to come out and play footy after giving birth to a living football ;)

ADELAIDE HAWK, i will hope that you can do the call again this saturday for the sturt game if you are at home???? im gonna get up in hte night and get on the net to watch the scores tick over :) PLEASE :D

Jimmy, try footysa.com i think they have links for games - whether it be broadcast on the net - or perhaps they post the scores. just another place to try!

vacekadelaide said:
Norwood were made to look ok, but the reality is, they were average. If we had played Sturt, South or the Eagles they would have thumped us by about 70 odd points. I am very worried about our next few matches!

I think you are being a little ungracious about Norwood's effort. Truth is, Norwood pushed Eagles in the last round and lost by 3 goals, and the week before that Norwood defeated Sturt at Unley Oval by 3 goals. They are in pretty good touch form wise. Several media people selected Norwood and they turned out to be correct.

Jimmy said:
ADELAIDE HAWK, i will hope that you can do the call again this saturday for the sturt game if you are at home???? im gonna get up in hte night and get on the net to watch the scores tick over :) PLEASE :D

Well, if you don't find it broadcast on the net as otherwise suggested, you should find me posting on the SANFL on Saturday. We're expecting rain on Friday so it could be a wet one.

There are 2 matches on Saturday, North Adelaide v Norwood, and Central District v Sturt. Either way I should be posting updated scores. Good luck finding a broadcast, it will be more fun than watching my posts :)

Centrals really need to win this one so Sturt will need to be on their best behaviour to secure the points. Should be a good game.

bulldog pommy said:
We did come from seventh in 2000 so there is some hope.

Very true.
But I think it will be more of a challenge in 2006 than it was in 2000.
Funny how 2000 doesn't seem so long ago - but it's five years! Gone so quick!

How's things anyway BP?
BTW - I have a new job, but still staying in the Riverland.

Adelaide Hawk said:
Well, if you don't find it broadcast on the net as otherwise suggested, you should find me posting on the SANFL on Saturday. We're expecting rain on Friday so it could be a wet one.

There are 2 matches on Saturday, North Adelaide v Norwood, and Central District v Sturt. Either way I should be posting updated scores. Good luck finding a broadcast, it will be more fun than watching my posts :)

Centrals really need to win this one so Sturt will need to be on their best behaviour to secure the points. Should be a good game.

cheers, mate, either way, i will keep a look out for your posts, it will be 2 im the morning here when i do, so bring the sturt boys home :D:D

Dogwatcher said:
Very true.
But I think it will be more of a challenge in 2006 than it was in 2000.
Funny how 2000 doesn't seem so long ago - but it's five years! Gone so quick!

How's things anyway BP?
BTW - I have a new job, but still staying in the Riverland.

Things good mate.
Blanchetown was good apart from doing my back while packing up the tent!!!

Not sure yet wether to go to Stansbury or Bamera at chrissy.

Adelaide Hawk said:
I think you are being a little ungracious about Norwood's effort. Truth is, Norwood pushed Eagles in the last round and lost by 3 goals, and the week before that Norwood defeated Sturt at Unley Oval by 3 goals. They are in pretty good touch form wise. Several media people selected Norwood and they turned out to be correct.
What is the mail on Dale Lewis as a coach?

McAlmanac said:
What is the mail on Dale Lewis as a coach?

That's a very good question and I'll have to get back to you on that one. He raised a few eyebrows early on with his "let's just have some fun" statements in the press, and his laconic attitude didn't please a lot of hardened Norwood fans, but as the season has progressed I've heard no grumblings about Lewis, so I would think that is usually a sign a coach is doing well.

Maybe I'm just not talking to the right people, who knows? :)

But I will get some feedback on Lewis and post on this forum. As a spectator, I have had no reason to question Lewis tactically and the spirit among the players seems very good. Lewis took over at a very difficult time for the club but appears to have held it together very well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Norwood v Central District

Remove this Banner Ad

Back