Norwood

Remove this Banner Ad

yeh i know! had a quick chat to vlats last week who seems pretty positive about it. reckons they should really add something... god knows we need it. meesen leaving was the first positive of 2009.. its all on the up from here! just wish keiren mcguiness was still around.

go the legs.

How is new recruit Nick Gieschen looking over there,? Always fit as a fiddle, is he a chance to start in the guts for the legs this year?

How is new recruit Nick Gieschen looking over there,? Always fit as a fiddle, is he a chance to start in the guts for the legs this year?

id like to see him. he performed pretty well in the time trials, so it sounds like he has the ticker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the NFC website:

The team now looks forward to its first trial game against South Adelaide next Friday night at Coopers Stadium, the Reserves game commences at 4.55pm followed by the League game at 7.40pm.

thats annoying

i can't make it tonight

and i think texas walker is playing tonight too (that is Walker from the Crows )

I saw the first 3/4 of the game tonight between Norwood and North Adelaide at the parade. Didn't stick around for the final term because I've had a long hot exhausting week and wanted to get home and relax :)

Norwood opened really well, looked methodical and sharp, particularly Jericho who hopefully will have a good year. Norwood led by 2 goals at the 1st break.

Each quarter was similar with Norwood breaking early and North hauling them back. Norwood were 20 points up half way into the 2nd term but led by only 2 at half time.

Half way into the third term, Norwood led by 21 and a chance to go further ahead but Cockshell dropped a mark he could have taken and the ball zipped down the other end for a North goal.

3/4 score was North 9-7, Norwood 9-6.

I have to say there is a glimmer of hope for the Redlegs as a number of new players appeared to show promise. Diminutive Sam Phillips has good balance, foot skills and pace and could be a good pick up.

Although outpointed by Alleway, young Sam Rowe looks a likely type at CHB. He has the skills, he just needs to add a few pounds and some game experience.

Taylor Walker looked promising at full back, looks to be a very good athlete with a good skill level. Joel Coombes also showed glimpses, and looks to have a good football brain. Ed McDonnell was handy in patches.

Josh Donohue and Aaron Kite showed plenty of endeavour but I didn't see much of Ziggie Alwan. Paul Puoplo also displayed some very good dashes of pace which is much needed. Hugh Minson looked handy in the ruck.

Of the experienced players, Jericho was good, Massie found plenty of the ball but made some disappointing foot errors, Cockshell was obviously under instructions from Port not to play too much of the game, Vlatko tried hard against 3 players, something Norwood will need to work on, but a special mention to Stuart Bown at CHF who was in supurb touch and easily best on ground to 3/4 time.

The Norwood reserves had a 2-3 goal win in the curtain raiser.

I will be there. Our run of successive wins started at Richmond Oval last year. I remember it well ... we were 23 points down late in the 3rd quarter, fought back for a good victory then won a few games in a row. Hopefully recent history will repeat.

Variety of food at Richmond Oval is a disgrace but good clubrooms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Norwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back