Norwood

Remove this Banner Ad

____ it all. That tonight could well be the final straw that finally breaks this camels well worn out back.

Worse if you are a panther supporter. Two of the absolute worst, most incompetent goal umpiring decisions happened 15 m in front of me. A clearly, blatantly bloody obvious touched,nay...slapped ball... 20 m from goal called as a goal by the boofhead goal umpire. Seconds later...viewing exactly along the goal line... i saw, nay, many of us saw the ball clearly go over the goal line between the goal post and the point post...the ball marked by Norwood...OVER the line by an obvious meter, given as a mark because the same boofhead goal umpire did not call the obvious point. The result...a goal.
That the game was a draw, was of some kind of justice. Panthers without question won the game.

Worse if you are a panther supporter. Two of the absolute worst, most incompetent goal umpiring decisions happened 15 m in front of me. A clearly, blatantly bloody obvious touched,nay...slapped ball... 20 m from goal called as a goal by the boofhead goal umpire. Seconds later...viewing exactly along the goal line... i saw, nay, many of us saw the ball clearly go over the goal line between the goal post and the point post...the ball marked by Norwood...OVER the line by an obvious meter, given as a mark because the same boofhead goal umpire did not call the obvious point. The result...a goal.
That the game was a draw, was of some kind of justice. Panthers without question won the game.

And it still in the books as a draw isnt it?:rolleyes:

What was it 31 - 17 free kicks South's way. The field umpires more than made it up for you.

____ it all. That tonight could well be the final straw that finally breaks this camels well worn out back.

I think I know what you are saying. Up to now I've been very positive about Norwood. I understood how we lost so many players to the Crows in the first round, and the number of new players we had. I was prepared to wait to see improvement.

However, last night completely gutted me. I can't remember feeling so disappointed after a game and I hope not too many other Norwood supporters are feeling the same. To lose after leading by 7 goals is totally unacceptable.

For South supporters to claim they should have won the game is nonsense. Norwood should never have allowed them back into the game. If we couldn't win last night, I don't expect we will win too many matches for the rest of the season.

Too many of our players just don't bleed for the jumper. There's only one club who does that, Central District. The rest are kidding themselves.

What was it 31 - 17 free kicks South's way. The field umpires more than made it up for you.

Cant believe that to be the case. History shows that would be a first! And about time too! Must be because cahill is coaching the wanganeen method of fall-over-and-fake-it...but i'll take it all day everyday if it works.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at the game Friday nite ... on my birthday no less. I must say it was almost a feeling of victory to me when we held on for the draw - we didn't look like scoring a goal in the last quarter and a half. I can understand how Nathan Brown and the Kangaroos players felt like they had won after withstanding massive comebacks by their opposition ... that was how I felt.

To me, South played the better football for 3 quarters. Norwood was lucky to be so close at quarter time and it was only a ten minute purple patch late in the second quarter that got the big lead.

Having said that once you have a lead like that at half time you have got to hold on to a win at the end of the game but all things considered I think a draw was possibly a fair result.

I was at the game Friday nite ... on my birthday no less. I must say it was almost a feeling of victory to me when we held on for the draw - we didn't look like scoring a goal in the last quarter and a half. I can understand how Nathan Brown and the Kangaroos players felt like they had won after withstanding massive comebacks by their opposition ... that was how I felt.

To me, South played the better football for 3 quarters. Norwood was lucky to be so close at quarter time and it was only a ten minute purple patch late in the second quarter that got the big lead.

Having said that once you have a lead like that at half time you have got to hold on to a win at the end of the game but all things considered I think a draw was possibly a fair result.

Not me i was very dissapointed should not of let slip a 7 goal lead!:mad:

Not me i was very dissapointed should not of let slip a 7 goal lead!:mad:

Believe me I was very disappointed as well, especially on the day I finally got my first Norwood guernsey after following them for over 20 years.

The immediate reaction after the siren tho was one of relief ... then again I had had a few drinks by then and was distracted by also watching Geelong's amazing comeback against Fremantle (the 2nd quarter one) on the tv near the bar :)

JD was awesome last night 6 goals, he got pretty pumped up after one of those goals. wonder if his height will stop him from being drafted, hes got the skill.

JD01.jpg

http://photoparsec.com

I didn't know who #37 was til I came on here today but he sure was the difference. This may be over the top but some of his skills with the wet ball reminded me of Poprlyzia's game last week.

Great win by the Legs! I was sure there was over 8K there last nite ... oh well, they sure made a noise anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Norwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back