Not all Geelong Players shook hands when receiving their Grand Final Medal off the young person

Remove this Banner Ad

strategy

Premiership Player
Suspended
Jan 26, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
When some of the Eagles didnt shake the hands of the kids giving them the medals in 2006 there was such an outburst in the media and elsewhere YET when Geelong is involved doing the same thing in 2007 nothing seems to be said .:thumbsdown:

When some of the Eagles didnt shake the hands of the kids giving them the medals in 2006 there was such an outburst in the media and elsewhere YET when Geelong is involved doing the same thing in 2007 nothing seems to be said .:thumbsdown:

Somebody post a photo of someone clutching at straws...honestly:rolleyes:

Most of them let the kid put them around their neck. Gave them a hat and most got a ruffle of the hair if they didnt get a handshake.

None were ignored like we saw some eagles do.

If its good for the Eagles to be ridiculed then so it should be the same for Geelong .

What a ridiculous statement.

Not a single kid was ignored by the Geelong players. Not one.

When it happened a few years ago, half the kids didn't even get any acknowledgement whatsoever from the players. I have no idea what presentation you must have been watching, but it certainly wasn't the one that happened on Saturday!

Have to agree,I thought they were very good with the kids.:thumbsu:

I thought the geelong players and club handled this very professionally and showed a heap of respect for the little ones (daunting experience for them I am sure - kids that is)

I couldn't pick out the sponsor on the hat - was it Ford? As they weren't really showing it off as such in respect to Toyota.

I don't think there was one negative in the whole exercise and not one kid got ignored or badly treated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was funny trying to watch the player coordinate it all. Okay cap in left hand, go in with right hand to shake, bend down to get medal around the neck, place cap on head. They had about 3 seconds each to do it and some were placing caps at the same time as shaking hands and hitting kids in the head with the cap instead as they tried to shake it open. LOL.

Their heart was in the right place.

Are you trying to give all Essendon supporters a bad name. Geelong was all class when it came to acknowledging the kids. You must have accidentally put the DVD of the 2006 grand final in your DVD player???

Seriously did you watch it?

If it's good enough for you to attempt to ridicule Geelong then it's good enough for me to attempt to belittle you.

User name of strategy would have been better served by registering as idiot. :thumbsdown:
:thumbsu: Top post.

Giving them the hats was a nice touch. I bet it sets a trend.
Well done Geelong.
Yeah, I reckon it was a very smart ploy by the club. I'm sure a lot of players would be caught in the moment of receiving their medal, but giving them something physical (a hat) to acknowledge the kids made sure that none were ignored.

Top effort by the club.

Look at all the victorian twits patting themslves on the back.

After last years massive Victorian sook, Geelong would of been stupid to do anything else. Well rehearsed cats you fooled alot of twits here.!!!

With the Eagles even though not all shook hands with the kids how do you know they didnt say " thanks " or something to that nature to the kids.
It still doesnt take away the fact not all Geelong players shook the kids hand .
Same principle re Geelong and the Eagles .It doesnt matter how many did or didnt , it still occured .

Look at all the victorian twits patting themslves on the back.

After last years massive Victorian sook, Geelong would of been stupid to do anything else. Well rehearsed cats you fooled alot of twits here.!!!

Crap.

I'd love to have a shot at Geelong for something but they were great on and off the field on Saturday and since.

Except maybe Jimmy Bartels pink suit...........

With the Eagles even though not all shook hands with the kids how do you know they didnt say " thanks " or something to that nature to the kids.
It still doesnt take away the fact not all Geelong players shook the kids hand .
Same principle re Geelong and the Eagles .It doesnt matter how many did or didnt , it still occured .
I honestly didn't think you'd come back into this thread. But here you are, making yourself look stupider.

You're struggling. Really struggling.

Bad strategy that is.

GEELONG - PREMIERS 2007

strategy - would you please leave. Your argument is pathetic. Everyone else, including other clubs supporters, are acknowledging the fact that the players were great with the kids. End of story.

Now isn't recess over? Go back to class.

You're struggling. Really struggling.

Bad strategy that is.

GEELONG - PREMIERS 2007
Perhaps the AFL can engage your obviously unlimited talents to strategise next years presentation of medallions..........
if thats all you can pick the GFC for, then we are doing pretty well by all standards hey?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not all Geelong Players shook hands when receiving their Grand Final Medal off the young person

Remove this Banner Ad

Back