Nothing sums up Richmond in 2020 like this one thing

Remove this Banner Ad

I love it how the best insult people have against Richmond these days are that they didn't win 3 flags in a row, only 2 out of 3. :$

#goodtimes :drunk:
Well in all fairness, considering how much the media talked you up as a B2B certainty and you guys happily rolled with it claiming things like dynasties and 5-7 flags in a row it is an insult that does carry some merit.

9CE9FF55-F37D-4CA5-AA32-AB23961AE436.jpeg

Well in all fairness, considering how much the media talked you up as a B2B certainty and you guys happily rolled with it claiming things like dynasties and 5-7 flags in a row it is an insult that does carry some merit.

View attachment 803151
He's planning ahead 2078 here we come.

Were still one flag closer than anyone else to a threepeat, it was almost worth losing in 2018 just to see Collingwood choke in yet another GF, so many broken Magpies....hi Whatsmyname.

2020 premiers, the Richmond Football Club.

Honestly, what team will stop us? We are an absolute force. We slapped the best the comp could serve us by 89 points. It’s gonna be another longgggggg year for oppo flogs coz the Tigers are going back to back.

2020 premiers, the Richmond Football Club.

Honestly, what team will stop us? We are an absolute force. We slapped the best the comp could serve us by 89 points. It’s gonna be another longgggggg year for oppo flogs coz the Tigers are going back to back.

View attachment 803151

You're not wrong, we were overwhelming favourites in 2018, and shit the bed.

But my point is, Richmond used to be a team that never even made it to finals, let alone win them, and that was the status quo for decades.

The worst that people can do now is insult us for missing 3 premierships in a row by 2 games.

You will not find many Richmond fans who are offended by this insult, after all we'd been through prior to 2017. ;)

Last edited:
You're not wrong, we were overwhelming favourites in 2018, and shit the bed.

But my point is, Richmond used to be a team that never even made it to finals, let alone win them, and that was the status quo for decades.

The worst that people can do now is insult us for missing 3 premierships in a row by 2 games.

You will not find many Richmond fans who are offended by this insult, after all we'd been through prior to 2017. ;)
I think you underestimate 4 decades at 9th, but yes you are deffo better than the joke of the league you became

I think you underestimate 4 decades at 9th, but yes you are deffo better than the joke of the league you became

Yeah nah, it's those decades in the wilderness that actually back up my point.

It's like going from being completely broke and being insulted about that, to having 2 million dollars in the bank and being made fun of because you don't have 3 million.

Still have 2 million!

The people going on about dynasties are having some fun. And it's only going to take 1 more flag in the next 2 seasons to legitimately make it a dynasty anyway.

And considering the strength of our list and our systems in place, even without Rance, we are a good chance to at least be up around the mark in 2020, and if we are, you'd say we would be in 2021 as well.

We also did just have the 3rd biggest Grand Final victory in history, and in 2017 we smashed 2nd by 51 points in the QF, and 1st by 48 points in the GF. And in the year that we did fluff it, we only lost 5 games for the whole season.

So I don't think talk of potential dynasties is as far-fetched as what oppo fans think.. we are the only team aside from Hawthorn that won multiple flags in the 10's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here Flog can you count we finished 9th 4 times in 38 years idiot
ladder.PNG

Here Flog can you count we finished 9th 4 times in 38 years idiot
View attachment 803480

Does it even matter man? We're the champs now, that shit is ancient history. ;)

I genuinely just laugh when I see people trying to insult Richmond these days. They've got nothing to go with at the moment except things that are not really relevant to the now anymore.

Yeah nah, it's those decades in the wilderness that actually back up my point.

It's like going from being completely broke and being insulted about that, to having 2 million dollars in the bank and being made fun of because you don't have 3 million.

Still have 2 million!
It's really not

It's really not

Why isn't my analogy comparable?

The "money" represents ultimate success. Prior to 2017, we'd had absolutely none (broke), and between 2017-2019 we've won 2 flags in 3 years, which represents the "2 million". The "3 million" represents what we would have had if we'd won the middle flag.

Seems like a pretty good analogy to me, but yeah, nothing anybody says can really make me feel annoyed.

We have 2 flags in 3 years, Collingwood have 2 flags in 60 years. Which would you prefer? :D

Why isn't my analogy comparable?

The "money" represents ultimate success. Prior to 2017, we'd had absolutely none (broke), and between 2017-2019 we've won 2 flags in 3 years, which represents the "2 million". The "3 million" represents what we would have had if we'd won the middle flag.

Seems like a pretty good analogy to me, but yeah, nothing anybody says can really make me feel annoyed.

We have 2 flags in 3 years, Collingwood have 2 flags in 60 years. Which would you prefer?
I would prefer to have 15 flags and to have seen the very 1st AFL flag and have a 4peat!

Do you really think all of Richmonds history before you were born is meaningless? are you some kind of narcissist? The world only exists while you are alive? :D

1578475761255.png
Machine Team.jpg Premiership cups.jpg

Last edited:
Richmond should be a true member of the big 4 but when we beat them in 3 Grand Finals in a row they never recovered and are too far off the pace now... Hawthorn is the real 4th member and they are coming fast

Since 1930 Collingwood has played in 68 finals series for 5 flags a winning percentage of just 7.35%
So at that rate every 13.6 finals series the pies play in they will win a premiership.
No wonder Treloar was crying when he saw those figures :tearsofjoy:
Put in perspective image every night 2 weeks in a row and you have sh!t the bed even when it wasn't possible you were awake and to make sure it didn't happen but somehow it just did. This is how Collingwood is every time they play finals they find a way to **** it up and sh!t the bed.
01DF44EA-ABEF-4CBE-BCEF-556F83341FCB.jpeg 2 laughing.jpg CorruptEmotionalGavial-size_restricted.gif ForthrightWeightyGiraffe-size_restricted.gif giphy.gif

Image every day for 2 weeks this what happens to the pies
poo.jpg

I would prefer to have 15 flags and to have seen the very 1st AFL flag and have a 4peat!

Do you really think all of Richmonds history before you were born is meaningless? are you some kind of narcissist? The world only exists while you are alive? :D

View attachment 803492
View attachment 803494View attachment 803495

Right... I don't really understand this logic though, because whether you look just at recent history, or go back decades, Richmond are ahead in terms of flags.

Collingwood only pip Richmond if you go all the back to the 1910's... easiest way to illustrate this is to go backwards and count the flags, and see how long it takes for Collingwood to actually get ahead in the count.

Flags since 2010 - Richmond 2 Collingwood 1
Flags since 2000 - Richmond 2 Collingwood 1
Flags since 1990 - Richmond 2 Collingwood 2
Flags since 1980 - Richmond 3 Collingwood 2
Flags since 1970 - Richmond 5 Collingwood 2
Flags since 1960 - Richmond 7 Collingwood 2
Flags since 1950 - Richmond 7 Collingwood 4
Flags since 1940 - Richmond 8 Collingwood 4
Flags since 1930 - Richmond 10 Collingwood 7
Flags since 1920 - Richmond 12 Collingwood 10

Counting back through the decades, even if you measure cleanly over the last century (1920-2020), Richmond still have more flags than Collingwood over that time. It's only when you make the measurement 110 years or more, that Collingwood finally overtake us.

Essentially, 1/3 of your premierships have come prior to the 1920's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing sums up Richmond in 2020 like this one thing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back