NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope it happens, they are part of the EFNL now. Share the love as long as they pay for the finals like everyone else does.
Too far to travel for most people .they have every right to get them .my point is they can bide there time other clubs who have been in the comp longer should be given a go .as long as they have the correct facilities.

Too far to travel for most people .they have every right to get them .my point is they can bide there time other clubs who have been in the comp longer should be given a go .as long as they have the correct facilities.
It's a hike no doubt about that. In saying that the Finals are put up for sale and if they are the only clubs prepared to pay then that's what happens. Scoresby had them a few years ago, shit ground, shit facilities but they got them as they were prepared to pay for them. They are not cheap and if we have a month of rain a club may be lucky and break even.

It's a hike no doubt about that. In saying that the Finals are put up for sale and if they are the only clubs prepared to pay then that's what happens. Scoresby had them a few years ago, s**t ground, s**t facilities but they got them as they were prepared to pay for them. They are not cheap and if we have a month of rain a club may be lucky and break even.
Agree good luck whoever wants them .

Doesn’t the league take all the gate and the hosting club keep all bar and canteen sales or is it shared between clubs.
They do. Do the math, Let's say you pay the $10k to host the finals. How many burgers and beers etc do you have to sell in a day to actually get the $10k back? If all goes to plan you'd break even in the Prelim and then make money on GF day. Factors that can come into play are the Weather and if you get the same club in the 3 games. Throw in volunteers are required and in some cases, you may be paying staff, ie Baristas. My thoughts are the clubs should be able to have a luncheon and then open the rooms as well.

They do. Do the math, Let's say you pay the $10k to host the finals. How many burgers and beers etc do you have to sell in a day to actually get the $10k back? If all goes to plan you'd break even in the Prelim and then make money on GF day. Factors that can come into play are the Weather and if you get the same club in the 3 games. Throw in volunteers are required and in some cases, you may be paying staff, ie Baristas. My thoughts are the clubs should be able to have a luncheon and then open the rooms as well.
Senior finals venues have not been announced yet.Do you know if East Burwood applied for finals as I do agree they is a lot of work involved for host clubs and you do not break even most times until P/L final day if right teams are playing and weather Ok.As I said surprised East Burwood not hosting finals as a great venue.

Believe the league get a large percentage of the bar sales too
From memory, you have to buy through their Supplier and I think they audit during the game. Say you purchased 100 slabs but your sales showed 120 slabs they would ask where that came from. Before that, it was $1 per can that went to the EFL Grange slush fund. All funds raised during finals are supposed to be shared around all clubs like an equalisation fund but I can't say I have ever seen it. Junior finals you just get food and coffee sales.

From memory, you have to buy through their Supplier and I think they audit during the game. Say you purchased 100 slabs but your sales showed 120 slabs they would ask where that came from. Before that, it was $1 per can that went to the EFL Grange slush fund. All funds raised during finals are supposed to be shared around all clubs like an equalisation fund but I can't say I have ever seen it. Junior finals you just get food and coffee sales.
Junior finals the hosting club get the gate,$5 admittance.Their volunteers have to man the gates where senior finals EFNL pay outsiders to man gates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting too that Premier-Div 3 will all run top 5 four week finals cycles as of next season with all those divisons having 10 teams. Div 4 will remain with 7 teams unless GWH rise form the dead or another club joins.

I believe Mount Waverley Reserve is about to be ripped to shreds for an extended period and Wav Blues will be playing at Central Reserve in 2024 (they should stay there, huge upgrade).

No idea where they would get players from. Even before all the dramas, they struggled for numbers and employed a coach who brought 30 players with him from Salesian in the VAFA.

Their captain led a walkout and killed the club. Well done.

Interesting too that Premier-Div 3 will all run top 5 four week finals cycles as of next season with all those divisons having 10 teams. Div 4 will remain with 7 teams unless GWH rise form the dead or another club joins.
Seven team comp in Div 4 not ideal
Where can another club come from? Hallam maybe hasn’t worked in OE
Maybe an ammo team ?

Seven team comp in Div 4 not ideal
Where can another club come from? Hallam maybe hasn’t worked in OE
Maybe an ammo team ?

Given the potential demise of d4 in the vafa box hill north and eley park could combine. They would potentially struggle a bit however might compete with nuna and Croydon north

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back