NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

"For East Burwood their draw does get a little easier towards the end but at the moment are under 1% off 2nd bottom spot". I agree, I'd like to see a couple of more wins. ;)

The Rams played better the second time and still got smashed by Boronia. I suggest the Rams improved 300% on the first game as they kicked 3 goals compared to 1. :) Hopefully, the European Border closes so they can get some holidaying players back. :think:

The reserves team was a nice mish-mash of Dads, U16s, I think 7 U19 played 2 games, and the coaching staff all played of which one did his hammy, and the other kicked 4 goals and went off at HT, no goals after that. Despite being down on numbers it was great to watch everyone have a crack. That team may have lost but they had a lot of fun and the club/supporters were behind them.

It was a great turnout for the day and a big thank you to the crew at Boronia. They always look after us and we do the same for them.

"For East Burwood their draw does get a little easier towards the end but at the moment are under 1% off 2nd bottom spot". I agree, I'd like to see a couple of more wins. ;)

The Rams played better the second time and still got smashed by Boronia. I suggest the Rams improved 300% on the first game as they kicked 3 goals compared to 1. :) Hopefully, the European Border closes so they can get some holidaying players back. :think:

The reserves team was a nice mish-mash of Dads, U16s, I think 7 U19 played 2 games, and the coaching staff all played of which one did his hammy, and the other kicked 4 goals and went off at HT, no goals after that. Despite being down on numbers it was great to watch everyone have a crack. That team may have lost but they had a lot of fun and the club/supporters were behind them.

It was a great turnout for the day and a big thank you to the crew at Boronia. They always look after us and we do the same for them.
Yes, thanks to the 2 people from our fitness group who filled in. How we can have 16 players in Europe is beyond me. Our Travel Business sponsorship must offer great discounts to the players.

^^We are old School. It would never have happened in our day (old man's voice). Now they get married and head overseas. We aren't the only club, it seems to happen at every club. It's the new generation and it is what it is.

Happens at all clubs but 16 is the worst I’ve heard. Amazing. Definitely a question I’d be asking at contract time and with any valuable / highly paid players, you’d have to think to twice about committing to them if the break is going to be a long one. They don’t get paid while they’re away, but the club also can’t just find some gun player to fill in for a few weeks mid season.

^^We are old School. It would never have happened in our day (old man's voice). Now they get married and head overseas. We aren't the only club, it seems to happen at every club. It's the new generation and it is what it is.

Must be too much money out that way. Cost of living hast bitten yet?

Speaking to some clubs around the overseas trips have really dried up in the last 2 seasons but agree really poor form from that many.

Thought you might have been a smokey on the weekend but Surrey much too strong.

What Surrey do have better than anyone, including Donvale is a great batch of under 19s to call on if needed.
Agree. Always had a Great Junior Program. I dont think this year will be their year in terms of seniors. Donvale just that little bit more mature and are easily ready for the next division, which is a credit to their junior program of the past 10-15 years as something like 20 of their 22 on the weekend were junior players. I dont think it will take Surrey Long to climb the divisions. As long as they keep feeding their juniors into the seniors they will have a lot of success coming their way

Agree. Always had a Great Junior Program. I dont think this year will be their year in terms of seniors. Donvale just that little bit more mature and are easily ready for the next division, which is a credit to their junior program of the past 10-15 years as something like 20 of their 22 on the weekend were junior players. I dont think it will take Surrey Long to climb the divisions. As long as they keep feeding their juniors into the seniors they will have a lot of success coming their way
Good to see another sensible well balanced contribution compared to some of the drivel on other parts of this forum 😊

I'm reckoning they didn't lodge a request to transfer leagues by June 30 otherwise there would have been some sort of announcement by now.

I am sure that the Wickers will be watching the Southern league very intently in the first six weeks or so of next season to see how the new clubs bed in and it could well lead to them making a submission for entry to the SFNL in 2026.

Are Berwick looking to move to Southern?

Not that I know of. I’m sure they’re keeping an eye on it if all their old local rivals are heading that way. The move to Eastern has pretty much been a disaster. I guess you can give these things a crack, but it would appear not to be a good fit.

Fairpark coach Sean Stanton will be finishing at the end of the season after 8 years as announced on their socials today.

Surely hes 2nd behind Winterton at Mitcham as current longest serving coach?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are Berwick looking to move to Southern?

Unlikely in 2025 but very likely in 2026. The club is certainly exploring their options as the move to the EFNL has been a disaster in many ways which has seen the club become fragmented due to the split with netball and as a result many players and their partners have left the club heading to others where both sports are played on the same day at the same venue. I think previous committee members also thought the club was going to be a powerhouse when they joined the league despite not even winning the premiership in the Outer East league.

Its the wrong time of the year to be losing form. Lots of byes and its also muddy.

• Balwyn lose their 3rd game in a row and also lose top spot on the ladder. Remarkable drop off when they looked clear favourites a month ago.
  • Massive fortnight for Rowville knocking off Vermont and Balwyn. Sitting nicely in 3rd but are probably flag favourites right now.
  • East Ringwood back on top of the ladder after a important 9 point win against Blackburn.
  • Bayswater have only their 2nd win since round 4 by 1 point against Mooroolbark.
  • Beaconsfield important win defeating top 5 contender Montrose. The win keeps them in the hunt for a top 3 finish.
  • Croydon defeat Templestowe meaning they just back into 2nd spot while the loss puts Templestowe out of the top 5.
  • Mulgrave do what they needed to against The Basin to keep themselves in the top 5.
  • Surrey Park hit back with a strong 19 point win against Coldstream. Henden and Mahon huge ins.
  • UFTG lose again, this time to 2nd bottom Silvan by 40 points. They have lost 4 in a row and are now 5-9 but are somehow still a chance to play finals. For Silvan the win means they will avoid relegation.
  • Ferntree Gully remarkably still a slight finals chance after smashing Warrandyte. They are only 4 points out of 5th spot and UFTG and Oakleigh both in ordinary form.
  • Scoresby beat Nunawading and go back on top.
  • Whitehorse have a 100+ point win over Forest Hill BUT at least Forest Hill scored 6.11 for the game, a huge improvement on the week before.

With 4-5 games left, if you’re three games adrift of finals then it would look like your season is over. Aside from the obvious, these clubs should be planning for 2025…

Doncaster East & Noble Park
Bayswater
East Burwood & Lilydale

D3 remarkable… everybody but Warrandyte is still in it

I think of the above, Lilydale will be pretty with their season as they’ve arrested the slide. The rest will likely be disappointed.

I'm reckoning they didn't lodge a request to transfer leagues by June 30 otherwise there would have been some sort of announcement by now.

I am sure that the Wickers will be watching the Southern league very intently in the first six weeks or so of next season to see how the new clubs bed in and it could well lead to them making a submission for entry to the SFNL in 2026.
A lot of people hope that Berwick will move Leagues, but my info is that it is "no way" that will happen.

A lot of people hope that Berwick will move Leagues, but my info is that it is "no way" that will happen.
It won’t be in 2025 Gelder but there is a strong push to move in 2026. Staying in the league will result in further problems for the club who are already in a bad position due to many reasons that have been previously stated on here.

Finals Venues released - no East Burwood again? I thought it was a good finals venue previously.

Prem - Bayswater
Div 1 - Boronia
Div 2 - Mitcham
Div 3 - Ringwood
Div 4 - East Ringwood

Anyone have any updates on how these grounds are looking with all the rain?

Finals Venues released - no East Burwood again? I thought it was a good finals venue previously.

Prem - Bayswater
Div 1 - Boronia
Div 2 - Mitcham
Div 3 - Ringwood
Div 4 - East Ringwood

Anyone have any updates on how these grounds are looking with all the rain?

I went to a final at East Burwood quite a few years back now and it was really good.

More to it though, it is an enormous ask of volunteers to do it. The club may not be set up for it.

Current ladders with last game's player points.

Ugly: Doncaster East, Noble Park, Norwood, Heathmont, Oakleigh District, CNMLOC. High points and not performing.

Park Orchards in ricidulously good shape. So is Beaconsfield and Boronia.

Boronia will take some stopping in 2025 and look set to rise the Premier as soon as 2026 I reckon. They're dominant as is... If they keep the group together, they have shitloads of room to recruit further and aren't short of a dollar thanks to finals hosting. Only a hiccup in finals this year wills top them.

East Ringwood 46
Balwyn 46
Rowville 30
Vermont 35
South Croydon 37
Blackburn 31
Doncaster East 46
Noble Park 42
Berwick 29
Norwood 40

Park Orchards 26
South Belgrave 40
Mitcham 35
Beaconsfield 28
Montrose 40
Mooroolbark 30
Bayswater 37
North Ringwood 25
Doncaster 35
Wantirna South 36

Boronia 29
Croydon 32
Waverley Blues 31
Mulgrave 32
Ringwood 30
Templestowe 31
Heathmont 44
East Burwood 35
Lilydale 25
The Basin 37

Donvale 31
Surrey Park 34
Coldstream 34
Knox 39
Oakleigh District 41
Upper Ferntree Gully 35
Ferntree Gully 33
Fairpark 30
Silvan 42
Warrandyte 29

Scoresby 43
Whitehorse Pioneers 44
Chirnside Park 41
Kilsyth 36
Croydon North MLOC 39
Nunawading 33
Forest Hill 26

Big chance useless council stuffed up agaln with surface .rather east burwood than boronia its a 💩hole

Never really liked finals at Boronia either, always seemed to lack atmosphere, the surrounds are wide open which somehow seems to…. Dissipate noise and atmosphere? I dunno.

Bayswater is okay

Ringwood is a joke of a ground, I can’t believe it is still the size it is, it is ridiculous. It’s simply too big for footy and footy shouldn’t be played on it. Not sure why it hasn’t been reduced.

East Burwood was good, haven’t been there for a while however.

Mitcham is the best for mine

Never really liked finals at Boronia either, always seemed to lack atmosphere, the surrounds are wide open which somehow seems to…. Dissipate noise and atmosphere? I dunno.

Bayswater is okay

Ringwood is a joke of a ground, I can’t believe it is still the size it is, it is ridiculous. It’s simply too big for footy and footy shouldn’t be played on it. Not sure why it hasn’t been reduced.

East Burwood was good, haven’t been there for a while however.

Mitcham is the best for mine

Boronia is very open and its quite an ugly place. But it probably serves its purpose

Ringwood is brand new but is way too big and also lacks atmosphere.

Bayswater has the feel of an old VFL/VFA venue. A bit run down.

Mitcham is great.

GWH's ground was also a horrible venue, thank god they aren't using that anymore

Is there an obsession with large ovals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back