NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Boronia is very open and its quite an ugly place. But it probably serves its purpose

Ringwood is brand new but is way too big and also lacks atmosphere.

Bayswater has the feel of an old VFL/VFA venue. A bit run down.

Mitcham is great.

GWH's ground was also a horrible venue, thank god they aren't using that anymore

Is there an obsession with large ovals?
An obsession with fences 🤣

Never really liked finals at Boronia either, always seemed to lack atmosphere, the surrounds are wide open which somehow seems to…. Dissipate noise and atmosphere? I dunno.

Bayswater is okay

Ringwood is a joke of a ground, I can’t believe it is still the size it is, it is ridiculous. It’s simply too big for footy and footy shouldn’t be played on it. Not sure why it hasn’t been reduced.

East Burwood was good, haven’t been there for a while however.

Mitcham is the best for mine
Just walked on the MCG of the East ,Walker Park.60 mm of rain in the last couple of days,ground in great condition and hopefully less rain in the next few days with football Saturday/Sunday this week end.

Just a reminder yet again especially Cliff,a new 2 level car park behind the grandstand for Mitcham games and D2 EFNL finals with approx.300 car spots there and near the arts centre and council offices.

And lets not forget the new electronic scoreboard on the eastern side of the ground where in senior games Mitcham use both electronic scoreboards.A joint effort by both the cricket and football clubs with this new scoreboard as the cricket club did not have a electronic scoreboard.

Last edited:
Current ladders with last game's player points.

Ugly: Doncaster East, Noble Park, Norwood, Heathmont, Oakleigh District, CNMLOC. High points and not performing.

Park Orchards in ricidulously good shape. So is Beaconsfield and Boronia.

Boronia will take some stopping in 2025 and look set to rise the Premier as soon as 2026 I reckon. They're dominant as is... If they keep the group together, they have shitloads of room to recruit further and aren't short of a dollar thanks to finals hosting. Only a hiccup in finals this year wills top them.

East Ringwood 46
Balwyn 46
Rowville 30
Vermont 35
South Croydon 37
Blackburn 31
Doncaster East 46
Noble Park 42
Berwick 29
Norwood 40

Park Orchards 26
South Belgrave 40
Mitcham 35
Beaconsfield 28
Montrose 40
Mooroolbark 30
Bayswater 37
North Ringwood 25
Doncaster 35
Wantirna South 36

Boronia 29
Croydon 32
Waverley Blues 31
Mulgrave 32
Ringwood 30
Templestowe 31
Heathmont 44
East Burwood 35
Lilydale 25
The Basin 37

Donvale 31
Surrey Park 34
Coldstream 34
Knox 39
Oakleigh District 41
Upper Ferntree Gully 35
Ferntree Gully 33
Fairpark 30
Silvan 42
Warrandyte 29

Scoresby 43
Whitehorse Pioneers 44
Chirnside Park 41
Kilsyth 36
Croydon North MLOC 39
Nunawading 33
Forest Hill 26
Don’t put too much faith in the points being acccurate. One of our under 19s played his first game of senior football last weekend and Playhq shows him as a 6 pointer. Points allows cation has caused issues elsewhere 😊

Finals Venues released - no East Burwood again? I thought it was a good finals venue previously.

Prem - Bayswater
Div 1 - Boronia
Div 2 - Mitcham
Div 3 - Ringwood
Div 4 - East Ringwood

Anyone have any updates on how these grounds are looking with all the rain?
Personally don’t like Ringwood for 3rd Div too open and not much atmosphere. Facilities are good though. Baysie Boronia and Mitcham all good 😊

Finals Venues released - no East Burwood again? I thought it was a good finals venue previously.

Prem - Bayswater
Div 1 - Boronia
Div 2 - Mitcham
Div 3 - Ringwood
Div 4 - East Ringwood

Anyone have any updates on how these grounds are looking with all the rain?

Boronia and Bayswater are both in excellent condition but if the poor weather continues all grounds will deteriorate.

In regards to venues give me Boronia with Mitcham second. Boronia is easy to access with heaps of parking, nice view of the Dandenongs and the Boronia FNC does a great job hosting finals each year. Their hamburgers are the best in the league by far.

Boronia is getting new rooms in 2025 so I would assume there will be no finals there next year but when complete there is no reason they shouldn’t host premier division. Hate watching football at Bayswater and it’s bloody hard to get to with no parking.

Why they keep choosing Ringwood is beyond me. Soulless would be the best description. Pity Beaconsfield is so far away as it would be a great venue for finals.

Boronia and Bayswater are both in excellent condition but if the poor weather continues all grounds will deteriorate.

In regards to venues give me Boronia with Mitcham second. Boronia is easy to access with heaps of parking, nice view of the Dandenongs and the Boronia FNC does a great job hosting finals each year. Their hamburgers are the best in the league by far.

Boronia is getting new rooms in 2025 so I would assume there will be no finals there next year but when complete there is no reason they shouldn’t host premier division. Hate watching football at Bayswater and it’s bloody hard to get to with no parking.

Why they keep choosing Ringwood is beyond me. Soulless would be the best description. Pity Beaconsfield is so far away as it would be a great venue for finals.

It’s pretty much all about having a fence. It’s no surprise that those clubs that have fences host basically every year. It makes such an enormous difference. Calculate the entry fee by the number of people who come in - and that’s pure profit for the club. It makes it all worth it.

Aren't Boronia and Bayswater basically the same regarding parking with train stations very close? Maybe Bayswater is busier because Premier actually gets bigger crowds?

Agree they have missed a trick not using east burwood. Blackburn could be an ok venue for lower divs now with the new rooms and redone deck however not fully fenced and people can pull shifties across the bottom oval from the railway path. Ringwood needs to be reduced by 50m and boronia is ok. Baysie is OG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Isn't this purely because they don't allow cars into the finals? There is plenty of parking at Bayswater, you just aren't allowed to bring your car in.

It’s pretty much all about having a fence. It’s no surprise that those clubs that have fences host basically every year. It makes such an enormous difference. Calculate the entry fee by the number of people who come in - and that’s pure profit for the club. It makes it all worth it.
Just to clarify Bunk, the ENFL receives the gate takings for finals. Host clubs retain the net takings on bar, canteen and BBQ and pay a licence fee to the league for the right to host finals, amongst other operating costs. Profitability of the finals series is generally dependent on the supporter bases of the competing clubs and the weather. Grand Final day is by far the major component of any profit for the club.

Just to clarify Bunk, the ENFL receives the gate takings for finals. Host clubs retain the net takings on bar, canteen and BBQ and pay a licence fee to the league for the right to host finals, amongst other operating costs. Profitability of the finals series is generally dependent on the supporter bases of the competing clubs and the weather. Grand Final day is by far the major component of any profit for the club.

Cheers, my bad. Makes sense then, the gate will be a cash cow that the EFNL would be keen to protect. Hence venues with fences.

East Burwood is doing Junior Finals because as soon as they are over, the drainage and ground surface are being done, ala Vermont. If Senior Finals had been played there, it wouldn't have left enough time for the surface to be ready in time for the start of next season.

PS. GMac, I always walk to Mitcham when I am forced to go there.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boronia will take some stopping in 2025 and look set to rise the Premier as soon as 2026 I reckon. They're dominant as is... If they keep the group together, they have shitloads of room to recruit further and aren't short of a dollar thanks to finals hosting. Only a hiccup in finals this year wills top them.

not sure about that...No current 19's this year will come back to bite them.

Possibly. But if they keep this group together they also have a heap of points space to recruit further. Begley has only just turned 26yo, he’s not some washed up ex pro - he’s in his prime. Mellis is very young.

On current form you’d say they’d be playing finals in Div 1 this year. Add to that and they’ll give it a shake next year if they go up.

Yeah 3 years straight now without u19s so you would think that will hurt them eventually but they are a well run club and would give Div 1 a shake next year. Surprised some of the big Prem clubs have not had a go at trying to get Matt Clarke he is a fantastic coach and one of the best in local footy. Will be his 4 premiership if they win it this year after winning his 1st at Wanny South.

Some laughable PR shit out of Doncaster East in the Leader Footy today

Spring up for an interview and feature after two straight wins! Over Norwood and Berwick...

Whole article is a whinge about injuries... Coach says they're up to player 49... Which they're not, they've played 44 as per PlayHQ

Of those 44, five have played 1 game and six have played 2 games... So clearly just fringe fill-ins that you've rotated straight in and straight out

Reckons some weeks they've been missing 17 of their best 22... lol... pull the other one

Poor us, Tim O'Brien has "only" played 9 out of 13 games... he's a 30yo bashed-up ex-AFL player, what did you expect? His body to be tip-top?

Simon White has missed a heap of footy... again what did you expect, he's 36yo!

17 players have played at least 9 games so their core has been steady

We probably trusted them to do the work themselves in pre-season a bit.. What happened? I though the president said the blokes who wouldn't do the work have left?

Shit club, shit culture, 46 points every week and cheating the salary cap like mad... Face it, you've poured a mountain of cash down the toilet this year and ****ed it up

Spring up for an interview and feature after two straight wins! Over Norwood and Berwick...

Whole article is a whinge about injuries... Coach says they're up to player 49... Which they're not, they've played 44 as per PlayHQ

Of those 44, five have played 1 game and six have played 2 games... So clearly just fringe fill-ins that you've rotated straight in and straight out

Reckons some weeks they've been missing 17 of their best 22... lol... pull the other one

Poor us, Tim O'Brien has "only" played 9 out of 13 games... he's a 30yo bashed-up ex-AFL player, what did you expect? His body to be tip-top?

We probably trusted them to do the work themselves in pre-season a bit.. What happened? I though the president said the blokes who wouldn't do the work have left?

Shit club, shit culture, 46 points every week and cheating the salary cap like mad... Face it, you've poured a mountain of cash down the toilet this year and ****ed it up
haha tell us what you really think Bunk! i like the part he says there are a few clubs who dont like us Umm hello i'd hate to be the bearer of bad news but ALL clubs dont like you not just a few :)

haha tell us what you really think Bunk! i like the part he says there are a few clubs who dont like us Umm hello i'd hate to be the bearer of bad news but ALL clubs dont like you not just a few :)

Ha, may have gone a bit overboard, just read like complete bullshit

I can’t think of a bigger failure of a season

Don’t hold back Bunk. I am guessing you don’t like Doncaster East. Did you have some involvement there going by your comments about their culture and how they operate. 😃

Possibly. But if they keep this group together they also have a heap of points space to recruit further. Begley has only just turned 26yo, he’s not some washed up ex pro - he’s in his prime. Mellis is very young.

On current form you’d say they’d be playing finals in Div 1 this year. Add to that and they’ll give it a shake next year if they go up.

They are streets ahead of anyone in the division and their twos are also going really well. The absence of under 19s has been discussed and responded to by DavefromBoronia. I believe they will have them again in 2025.

The group is young and primarily all locals and the club is in a fantastic position being so well run and financial. New rooms in 2025 will make the club even more attractive to potential recruits. They have been stiff with recent premierships coinciding with these being no promotion years.

Matt Clark is a terrific coach and his results speak for themselves. He isn’t going anywhere. It should be noted he has fantastic assistants with Steve Teakel his long time assistant being a great and knowledgeable football person.

If Boronia do win the premiership they are very well placed to do well in the higher division and be very competitive. Long way to go yet though and those at Tormore Reserve are very aware of this.

Football clubs in the Knox Council area are generally doing it tough at this time and Boronia is really the only one at this time that is well positioned to potentially progress eventually to Premier Division.

Last edited:
Don’t hold back Bunk. I am guessing you don’t like Doncaster East. Did you have some involvement there going by your comments about their culture and how they operate. 😃

Probably went overboard. No involvement there. Just don’t love their blatant cheating and as a result probably enjoy it all turning to shit this year.

Cheers, my bad. Makes sense then, the gate will be a cash cow that the EFNL would be keen to protect. Hence venues with fences.

I remember Croydon tried to cash in the season after they played Vermont in the grand final by putting a fence around so everyone had to pay to watch.

I went to a game after half time and had a lady running up to me and yelling at me saying I had to pay.

Remove this Banner Ad

NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back