NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Balwyn hit reply all (rather than reply) on an email to every club, telling the league to put the cap back to $250k.

Vermont have whinged about it thru the media many times. They did again just recently with Craig Gislingham, played in about 15 purchased premierships, having a good whinge about it. I suppose that makes him an expert on it, I’m sure like his club he tells himself how a great culture, hard work and good people achieved all the premierships.

I can't remember when the cap came about, but had to align with the last time balwyn won a flag yeah? 2016? Allan murray days, remember someone heckling him one day and he had to be held back by teammates from jumping the fence and going to fight them

The cap was introduced in 2017.
The funniest instance I saw of a player losing it, was to a comment from the crowd to the rather tubby player. "Hey number 16, ....... your donuts are ready". He lost it and so did a number of his friends in the crowd.

Back to the coaching merry-go-round.
Has EB got their coach yet, Bayswater seem to advertise they're closing applications end of the week. are they struggling to find anyone?
Rumor has it Kev Collins has finished up at Donvale

Another Nunawading signing for Norwood makes 3 or 4 of their best players I think.

Nunawading might be a watch sadly… not sure they’re in a spot to weather an exodus.

Wonder if the EFNL actually consider this stuff on their road to expansion… clubs just plundering each other. Oakleigh District took all Glen Waverley’s players.

Confirmed FTG have lost another one, Kiker signed at Wantirna South.

Interesting comment from James Belo last night at the chandler medal. Most even he thinks the premier division has ever been. Something in that I reckon (a reason to leave the caps alone/ or at the very least increase with CPI).

East ringwood have only been there for a a year or two havent they? Or has he played there before

If the cap and points came in 2017 then this will be the sixth completed season.

This will be the fifth different premier - Balwyn or ER haven’t won it in that time - it’s been SC, Vermont x 2, Noble and Rowville.

In the previous 35 seasons to that we had seven different premiers - Vermont (17), EB (5), Balwyn (5), Noble Park (4), ER (2) Donvale (1) and Norwood (1).

Pretty clearly it’s working. It’s clear as day. If the league don’t maintain what they’ve done they’ll have done the game a massive disservice. You’d have to say they actually fixed it. They can’t go back now.

If the cap and points came in 2017 then this will be the sixth completed season.

This will be the fifth different premier - Balwyn or ER haven’t won it in that time - it’s been SC, Vermont x 2, Noble and Rowville.

In the previous 35 seasons to that we had seven different premiers - Vermont (17), EB (5), Balwyn (5), Noble Park (4), ER (2) Donvale (1) and Norwood (1).

Pretty clearly it’s working. It’s clear as day. If the league don’t maintain what they’ve done they’ll have done the game a massive disservice. You’d have to say they actually fixed it. They can’t go back now.

As you say it looks like it’s working in efl premier division but I don’t think it’s working in many other leagues. 3 or 4 of the major country leagues you can pretty much predict the top 5 in November for the following season

Confirmed FTG have lost another one, Kiker signed at Wantirna South.

It would be devastating for FTG to be losing players like this.

This is an interesting one, obviously his dad was coach at FTG but i was led to believe the split was amicable. I think hes a good player but not exactly testing himself at Wanny Sth, only 1 division higher and I'm told aren't in a great position retaining players. Probably more to do with the family connection.

It will be interesting to see if the Gasparoni boy lands at Wanny Sth also, having missed most of this year injured at FTG but was linked to Wanny Sth last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back