NRL NRL 2024 - Round 24

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saw the game deciding penalty, still not sure wtf it was for or how he got reported…

I reckon the judiciary often gets reports from 🤡s games and look at the footage and wonders wtf the report is for and throws it out in 5 seconds.
Which one?

I thought the high shot called on munster in the tackle where the panthers lost the ball was wrong.

Thought the rest were there (noting agree with Paul Kersey about the Anderson high shot)

Which one?

I thought the high shot called on munster in the tackle where the panthers lost the ball was wrong.

Thought the rest were there (noting agree with Paul Kersey about the Anderson high shot)

The one where the Panthers player tackles Hughes .00001 seconds after he passes the ball.

Which one?

Reckon that last one looked wrong - certain the player had slipped. Didn't really rewatch it so who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t agree but to each their own.

Well no surprise the report was laughed at by the judiciary, not sure what he was actually reported for? But can it be late enough to justify a penalty when the ball hasn’t even reached its target?

A Sharks player last week was reported for tackling his opponent too hard…Not late, not high, just too hard…No surprise that and most of the other Gee ups were also thrown out.

Terrible first half from Parra, totally outplayed and trailing 24-4. Conceded two tries while Grieg was in the bin, but the metres the chooks were gaining up the middle was embarrassing.

Well no surprise the report was laughed at by the judiciary, not sure what he was actually reported for? But can it be late enough to justify a penalty when the ball hasn’t even reached its target?

A Sharks player last week was reported for tackling his opponent too hard…Not late, not high, just too hard…No surprise that and most of the other Gee ups were also thrown out.
Yeh look I’m not suggesting it was a reputable offence but modern league protects the play makers. I don’t have an issue with it so I think the penalty was fair and note, I’m not a storm supporter. If it was someone on Cleary or Luai I’d say the same thing.

Roosters Radley put on a report for a hip drop but not given 10 minutes. Is that the norm?

I didn’t even see them show a replay of the tackle so I don’t imagine it could have been too bad. I hate playing ‘that’ card but I’m unashamed about saying it in this case: he gets scrutinised closer than just about any player in the comp.

As a roosters fan I’m shattered that Smith flopping around like an idiot got an Eels player binned BUT I will say this - Greig’s high shot was a dog act and was lucky to not result in the end of his evening and that’s from someone who hates the overreaction to high tackles. I thought it was really bad - he was the third man in, the ball runner was stationary at the time and defenceless, and he didn’t make any attempt to tackle him he just smashed him in the head with his shoulder

I just watched footage of those sin bins again. Wow.
Smith literally just got tackled by Hands and was lying on top of him backwards and flopped around a bit and Hands got binned for it. As a roosters fan I’m pissed off and as a league fan even more pissed off. Disgraceful refereeing.

On the flip side the Greig one after watching it 3-4 times in slow mo - wow. How olam got sent off and he didn’t is like decoding quantum physics. He got Watson on the point of the temple with the point of his shoulder, lined up with no attempt to make a tackle properly.

Remove this Banner Ad

NRL NRL 2024 - Round 24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back