Ntfl 2011/12

Remove this Banner Ad

2 rounds in

any thoughts?
3 rounds in and i dont want to beat my own drum but it is going the way i predicted,every side bar buffs has improved or will improve with probably nightcliff showing the best signs. Districts and tahs are travelling very well but saints tiwi wanderers and even palmerston look quite capable of hitting their straps and putting a few wins together.apart from buffs there is no easy games this year and i would hate to pick which sides will make the final 5,whichever ones dont run off the rails or self destruct or can handle the pressure.the amount of talent running around up here at the momment is unreal.i dont want to kick buffs when they are down but they have been in decline for a while,they dont seem to pull together and with all the infighting they lose quality people around the club and this is the result.i still think when saints get all their players back they will be the team to beat.

Nightcliff have done well.

Hard to read at this time of the year, and we will know more come January.

Waratahs are spending big as well.

But I tend to agree re Saints. They are lacking a target now, but their experience in heavy conditions will show late in the season like usual as the southern recruits struggle in the monsoon.

Buffs just shouldn't be in the league at this stage.

Div 1 is a farce, with Banks creaming everyone and their only challenger not able to play finals. Tahs will be spending to compete in Div 1, apparently.

The top half of Div 2 is perhaps the most even out of the three leagues, with 4 or 5 teams of a better quality than half of the Div 1 teams.

The sooner promotion and relegation is introduced, with another division, the better.

It makes a mockery of the competition when there are no repurcussions for disaster sites like Buffs, who are having their club run by AFLNT, whilst other clubs are on a knifes edge in terms of consequences.

Tracy Village and Pints are facing what Uni did last year and are struggling. Just appalling the lack of help to other clubs when compared to what is going on at Buffs.

AFLNT need to be careful, as in their desperate attempt at saving face, they're killing the competition and the league.

nightcliff have done well.

Hard to read at this time of the year, and we will know more come january.

Waratahs are spending big as well.

But i tend to agree re saints. They are lacking a target now, but their experience in heavy conditions will show late in the season like usual as the southern recruits struggle in the monsoon.

Buffs just shouldn't be in the league at this stage.

Div 1 is a farce, with banks creaming everyone and their only challenger not able to play finals. Tahs will be spending to compete in div 1, apparently.

The top half of div 2 is perhaps the most even out of the three leagues, with 4 or 5 teams of a better quality than half of the div 1 teams.

The sooner promotion and relegation is introduced, with another division, the better.

It makes a mockery of the competition when there are no repurcussions for disaster sites like buffs, who are having their club run by aflnt, whilst other clubs are on a knifes edge in terms of consequences.

Tracy village and pints are facing what uni did last year and are struggling. Just appalling the lack of help to other clubs when compared to what is going on at buffs.

Aflnt need to be careful, as in their desperate attempt at saving face, they're killing the competition and the league.
i dont think pints will struggle,they have tapped into their amalgamated club and have a few tiwi islanders running around which is very handy

Where can you find out which game will be streamed on youtube each weekend?

yeah,3 lighting fast skilful players wont make a difference at that standard,how many will they qualify for finals-it wont be the same 3 playing every week.

It hasn't so far.

They can still only play 3 in finals as well.

And Pints wont make finals, so it's irrelevant.

Teams at this level struggle for reasons other than players. Tracy Village are in the same boat.

it hasn't so far.

They can still only play 3 in finals as well.

And pints wont make finals, so it's irrelevant.

Teams at this level struggle for reasons other than players. Tracy village are in the same boat.
i gaurantee pints will make finals,i agree tracy village is on shaky ground but their good facilities and new suburbs being built out in that area should see them through.

i gaurantee pints will make finals,i agree tracy village is on shaky ground but their good facilities and new suburbs being built out in that area should see them through.

The benefits from this are 5-10 years away.

It certainly doesn't do anything for their lack of administrative help, and off field help.

Pints are an extremely old club, in terms of playing age. I don't know how they are going to be competitive in 2 grades, let alone field 2 teams from next year. They are already getting pumped in most games, in both grades.

There are grave concerns for the health of amateur footy in Darwin.

the benefits from this are 5-10 years away.

It certainly doesn't do anything for their lack of administrative help, and off field help.

Pints are an extremely old club, in terms of playing age. I don't know how they are going to be competitive in 2 grades, let alone field 2 teams from next year. They are already getting pumped in most games, in both grades.

There are grave concerns for the health of amateur footy in darwin.
tracy have an under 15 side-they should reap the benefits from that in the next few years,pints div 1 got beaten by a few goals against wadeye and a couple against districts and won their other two games-i wouldnt call that getting pumped most games.i think you are hinting the ntfl doesnt care about the old tefa sides which they probably dont,they are more concerned about wadeye,alice and katherine entering the comp.

tracy have an under 15 side-they should reap the benefits from that in the next few years,pints div 1 got beaten by a few goals against wadeye and a couple against districts and won their other two games-i wouldnt call that getting pumped most games.i think you are hinting the ntfl doesnt care about the old tefa sides which they probably dont,they are more concerned about wadeye,alice and katherine entering the comp.

Tracy have an under 14 side in name only.

The majority of players week to week come from the other team.

Districts are a seriously ordinary Div1 team this year.

And no, that is my point. The AFLTNT are killing the competition and undermining it at a lower level, to save face at a higher level.

While we are losing overall teams, and the number of players in total, they are continually trying to bring more teams in, rather than helping those with the structure already there.

You can't have teams and clubs run purely by AFLNT, whilst at the same time other clubs that are doing the right thing, get 9/10 of **** all.

tracy have an under 14 side in name only.

The majority of players week to week come from the other team.

Districts are a seriously ordinary div1 team this year.

And no, that is my point. The afltnt are killing the competition and undermining it at a lower level, to save face at a higher level.

While we are losing overall teams, and the number of players in total, they are continually trying to bring more teams in, rather than helping those with the structure already there.

You can't have teams and clubs run purely by aflnt, whilst at the same time other clubs that are doing the right thing, get 9/10 of **** all.
seriously ordinary div one side?they havent played banks tahs or wadeye but they are undefeated and on top of the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How are St mary's going? My brother has moved up there to play, has played his first 2 games in the 2's and should hopefully be in the 1's soon!

how are st mary's going? My brother has moved up there to play, has played his first 2 games in the 2's and should hopefully be in the 1's soon!
saint marys twos are a bit of a rabble-alot of players playing for themselves trying to get into the ones and apparently the coach is a dill you will have to ask your brother about that, the ones are going okay they are in the four and are the sleeping giants,they usually pick up some quality recruits just in time for finals and will go well.

can anyone up there tell me how a few mate from home are travelling up there? Marcus mcmillan, mick laidlaw and brad henderson

Can anyone give me the heads up about a Jake Brian that plays in Darwin. Apparently he has signed with Rochester in the GVFL for next year

cheers

Can anyone give me the heads up about a Jake Brian that plays in Darwin. Apparently he has signed with Rochester in the GVFL for next year

cheers

Hey ost. Brain plays for nightcliff tigers, but has been out injured with a knee injury, I think. He's about 185cm and plays in the midfield, but I think he's actually better as a forward, excellent mark and works hard when the balls in his area. Not quite as good as Heath aitken as a player, but similar.

Speaking of nightcliff, it was a super impressive win yesterday against a confident crocs outfit. There's no doubt they're the team to beat this year, Duncan, in my opinion, is the premier player in the comp at the moment, apart from fev, who tore tiwi a new one.

can anyone up there tell me how a few mate from home are travelling up there? Marcus mcmillan, mick laidlaw and brad henderson

Hey ark, motor McMillan has kicked 2 or 3 every match he's played but has yet to be named in the best and hasn't had a huge impact, given how good he is. Hendo has been awesome and gets regularly named in the best, holding down centre half back for southern districts. Having a great season up here. Not sure on laidlaw, follow the ntfl pretty closely and haven't heard him mentioned. Is he a yarra boy too..?

Hey ost. Brain plays for nightcliff tigers, but has been out injured with a knee injury, I think. He's about 185cm and plays in the midfield, but I think he's actually better as a forward, excellent mark and works hard when the balls in his area. Not quite as good as Heath aitken as a player, but similar.

He's also keeping a couple of pubs on Mitchell St afloat.

Hey ark, motor McMillan has kicked 2 or 3 every match he's played but has yet to be named in the best and hasn't had a huge impact, given how good he is. Hendo has been awesome and gets regularly named in the best, holding down centre half back for southern districts. Having a great season up here. Not sure on laidlaw, follow the ntfl pretty closely and haven't heard him mentioned. Is he a yarra boy too..?

Laidlaw is from strathmerton. Think he may have only broke into the seniors inthe last 2-3 wks.

Whats the Storey Behind Troy Parker being kicked out of Tahs???

Think he had Nyah in Vic on his radar for 2012 winter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back