Nth Gippsland Football League p2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah a bunch of the TTU boys were running a muck after their presentation night last night and were saying that Hawk is their coach next year. Also Brian Graham took out their B&F for anyone that's interested.

That's great news for City there was talk around that people thought he would return to Maffra to coach but obviously that's not the case.

Hawking doesn't strike me as a playing coach candidate, from afar he seems fairly introverted, not someone who would be overly involved and frankly a person who had no aspiartion to coach. I am obviously wrong though.

Good effort by Brian Graham, first year of senior football to win that amongst some very good players is a good effort.

King was getting interest from Maffra, but they have appointed Hayden Burgiel. Wouldn't think King would leave Glengarry now.

The TTU boys would have been happy with Traralgon winning the flag, half of them played there in 2010.

Cowwarr are looking for a coach pumpter, this was Bannisters last year,

Hawking doesn't strike me as a playing coach candidate, from afar he seems fairly introverted, not someone who would be overly involved and frankly a person who had no aspiartion to coach. I am obviously wrong though.

Good effort by Brian Graham, first year of senior football to win that amongst some very good players is a good effort.

King was getting interest from Maffra, but they have appointed Hayden Burgiel. Wouldn't think King would leave Glengarry now.

The TTU boys would have been happy with Traralgon winning the flag, half of them played there in 2010.

Yeah that was my initial reaction also when I heard about Hawking being named senior coach but the guys I spoke to all seemed very happy with the appointment. Apparently he was very good with their young midfielders last year so they see him as a good option to lead what will probably still be a pretty young group next year.
Hayden Being appointed at Maffra has pretty much snuffed out any hope Gormandale had of maybe convincing Adrian to make the move out there to coach. So any ideas who could end up at Gormy? I can see them losing a few players next year if they don't secure a good coach to spark a bit of enthusiasm around the place.

Yeah that was my initial reaction also when I heard about Hawking being named senior coach but the guys I spoke to all seemed very happy with the appointment. Apparently he was very good with their young midfielders last year so they see him as a good option to lead what will probably still be a pretty young group next year.
Hayden Being appointed at Maffra has pretty much snuffed out any hope Gormandale had of maybe convincing Adrian to make the move out there to coach. So any ideas who could end up at Gormy? I can see them losing a few players next year if they don't secure a good coach to spark a bit of enthusiasm around the place.

Or the fact that he is signed up as assistant coach.

Don't think there was any chance of Adrian playing anywhere else bar Maffra for football, coaching a football side is a much bigger commitment than coaching/captaining a cricket side and due to the fact Gormandale is so far away (also that he is there for the summer at least) from where he lives plus the reality that Burgs has a young family and a wife probably means regardless of what may have been offered it is an easier option to play at Maffra.

I also think that Adrian has enough concerns coming back from a knee reconstruction to worry about taking on a fulltime role as a coach, I wouldn't be surprised if he has aspirations to coach Maffra one day and this may be a stepping stone into that role, he is one of those guys who people just love to play alongside/for and that is a great characteristic to have.

Dont know about many of the options available to Gormandale, but the fact is finding a coach of quality is hard for everyone. They have always been a good solid team to play against and got unlucky in 08 and 09. They might have to look at getting someone previously at the club a go like a Lee Renton, surely there are people around Traralgon for them to chase (or even South Gippsland), I can think of three or four who I would chase. I thnk Cowwar will sort themselves out, I see one standout candidate there already and hear rumours regarding the Johnston boys, but it is all speculation.

Big Cigar may be able to elaborate on this.

Just hope he doesn't use the circle of trust;)

Big Cigar may be able to elaborate on this.

Just hope he doesn't use the circle of trust;)

Hawk took on the 3rds job at Churchill when he was here, didnt work out due to numbers etc but went through coaching courses so its no surprise that he has the job at TTU as that has been his ambition.

I'm not sure how he will go as he isnt the most flamboyant of people off the ground, but is well respected as a bloke and a footballer at Churchill.

Josh King to Warragul as coach on the cards or a playing position at Traralgon are the options I am hearing.

Tim Darby has been reappointed at Churchill, which is no great surprise but he did offer his resignation after the Rosedale game during the home and away season.

Leigh McDonald to coach in 2013 and possibly play in 2012 depending on how things pan out at Wonthaggi in the next 2 months.

Chance a former Churchill junior star may return to Cougar town after retiring from Gippsland League footy this year.

Good enough for ya Nugget?

Very good big cigar! Thanks mate, even though I think Darby can be knob, I was impressed with his and Holt's coaching set up against Heyfield. He spoke well (apart from the sprays) but also gave a good analysis on us.

Gee if Churchill get makepeace. Then rama and jenks return they are going to be a strong unit.

I would be shocked if King left Glengarry, the reports and raps on the bloke within the club are massive. But if he is chasing higher league success good luck, hopefully his body holds up as he will be an awesome accquisition to any club.

where'd ya hear that from Nug??

where'd ya hear that from Nug??

From a maffra senior player, be happy to tell you in person mate. May have been another "rumour" but i believed what he said, this was a month ago as i said it was a rumour and he may not have even known.

Very good big cigar! Thanks mate, even though I think Darby can be knob, I was impressed with his and Holt's coaching set up against Heyfield. He spoke well (apart from the sprays) but also gave a good analysis on us.

Gee if Churchill get makepeace. Then rama and jenks return they are going to be a strong unit.

I would be shocked if King left Glengarry, the reports and raps on the bloke within the club are massive. But if he is chasing higher league success good luck, hopefully his body holds up as he will be an awesome accquisition to any club.

Reliably informed that Darby has spoken to at least 3 and probably 4 Newborough players.

Let the silly season begin.

Schuback offered Lakes Entrance coaching job

Yarram has also offered 25 G's

That is all.......

Let the silly season begin.

Schuback offered Lakes Entrance coaching job

Yarram has also offered 25 G's

That is all.......

So I take it he is staying at City then, nowhere near what he is getting paid hahaha. Seriously though, wow, thats alot of money..I hear that Yarram are chasing Ryan Underwood too..

You know him well, Schuey won't coach?? I couldn't see him leaving City, he is playing good footy in a successful team very close to home with good mates. I presume he is still enjoying it and I also assume that Dr Monash has looked after him.

It has turned out to be unfortunate for Sale Football Club losing him, no blame on anyone there (or even that Schuey would have made any difference) but even though they won in 08, fact is the club has had to rebuild every year from that premiership. Unfortuantely too they have also missed out on having four players with junior ties play with the club, who have all chosen to play at a minor league level when returning to playing/area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

25k for Schuey is a lot of dough, especially for a club like Yarram I would have thought. He would be on the best part of 15k as is with little or no repsonsibilities and coming off back to back flags, so I can't see why he would move on unless he has aspirations to coach. However Nugget you seem to think he wouldn't be interested.

Coaching at Gormy an issue again. Bell - W. Henry - Hazelman - Hamilton - P. Henry in the last decade for a relatively successful club seems odd. No flag in that time and only one GF appearance. Have been clinging to the idea of landing Adrian Burgeil for years and that is again not a reality. So where to from here for the Tigers?

Paul Henry to coach Morwell East? What is the story at Cowwarr? Galea going to do the job? Surely not Poison?! I've heard that Brett McMaster was offered the position and declined. Birssy to coach Rosedale again after some interesting negotiations with Heyfield prior to Coxy's appointment? King to continue at Glen in search of that ellusive flag? Woodside?

The other clubs are sorted for 2012 already.

Hi All,

As a newbie to the forum i thought i would weigh in on the Schuback rumour as i have heard from a respected member of the ODFL community that Swifts Creek are on a spending spree with a gift of 80k from a local mining company and will be spending big very soon.

i have heard they are keen to offer 40k to secure someone of very high standard as a playing coach... and are considering making offers to Jake Schuback (Sale City) , Noel Jansz (Wy Yung - formerly of Stratford FC) and Tom Sturgess (Lindenow - formerly of Sale FC).

If this turns out to be true as my source at the club suggests it could be over before it begins next year in the ODFL while the NGNFL and the EGFNL could lose some real headline acts

Hi All,

As a newbie to the forum i thought i would weigh in on the Schuback rumour as i have heard from a respected member of the ODFL community that Swifts Creek are on a spending spree with a gift of 80k from a local mining company and will be spending big very soon.

i have heard they are keen to offer 40k to secure someone of very high standard as a playing coach... and are considering making offers to Jake Schuback (Sale City) , Noel Jansz (Wy Yung - formerly of Stratford FC) and Tom Sturgess (Lindenow - formerly of Sale FC).

If this turns out to be true as my source at the club suggests it could be over before it begins next year in the ODFL while the NGNFL and the EGFNL could lose some real headline acts

I'll pay you $40K if Jake Schuback even has a face to face meeting with anyone from the ODFL

I am not sure why this is soooo unbelievable... surely anyone especially the mercenary types would surely have a crack in a poorer standard league for 40k... who do you think would be more likely NGFNL targets for 40K then i would have thought Noel Jansz would be a possibility regardless of his past with Lindenow South??

Mcmaster was the obvious one, woodside haven't reappointed pavey.

So it currently looks like this.

Sale City- Hider
Glengarry- King
Cowwarr- ???
Churchill- Darby
Rosedale- Birss
TTU- Hawking
Heyfield- Cox
Woodside- ???
Gormandale- ???
Boisdale- Sandemann ???

I am not sure why this is soooo unbelievable... surely anyone especially the mercenary types would surely have a crack in a poorer standard league for 40k... who do you think would be more likely NGFNL targets for 40K then i would have thought Noel Jansz would be a possibility regardless of his past with Lindenow South??

Haha believe it when I see the cash thrown around! surely if they have eighty grand they would be better served updating there facilities rather than buying a side to win a flag?

All to true,

Apparently at least 25-30 k will be put aside for updating facilities.

Hypothetically who do you think they may target with that cash however?

Hi All,

Ill give you his answer right now.....Well i wont write what he actually said but here is his answer.

A: No Thank you fine sir and where on this beautiful earth is the ODFL??

Again not exactly word for word but you get the drift.

Mcmaster was the obvious one, woodside haven't reappointed pavey.

So it currently looks like this.

Sale City- Hider
Glengarry- King
Cowwarr- ???
Churchill- Darby
Rosedale- Birss
TTU- Hawking
Heyfield- Cox
Woodside- ???
Gormandale- ???
Boisdale- Sandemann ???

Sandeman a certainty at Boisdale/Briagalong.

Why possibly would they spend that kind of money on a new playing group when they are coming off a senior premiership? 80k, or even 50k if they commit some to facilities, is well and truly above what you would expect to spend at a club in a league that is commonly accepted as the worst league in Gippsland. Then what of the year after when there is no mining donation?

As for Noel Jansz being worth 40k! Not sure he's an Adrian Burgeil, Josh Jennings or Andy Soumalis and I'm reliably guessing that none of those three are getting 40k at their respective footy clubs.

Hi All,

Tom Sturgess?? is this a joke, he must've improved a heap since i last seen him play!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back