Nth Gippsland Football League p2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
funny coz it's true :d

When was the last time I told a lie?

I also applied for the St Kilda job. They said they didnt need any more players but are considering me for the coaching job. Their poor revenue streams will get some relief when they realise that as long as they have five 4n20's in the rooms at half time, the have me for nothing.

Sandeman a certainty at Boisdale/Briagalong.

Cory Bannister will coach at Cowwarr again after going pretty close to a GF berth this year and with the belief that 2012 could be the year of the Warr. The older brigade of players [Cooper, Cooper, Hood, Ferguson and surely one D. Ivey] will more than likely all go around again. Brett McMaster will be his non playing assistant.

Any news on the other clubs in the hunt?

Cory Bannister will coach at Cowwarr again after going pretty close to a GF berth this year and with the belief that 2012 could be the year of the Warr. The older brigade of players [Cooper, Cooper, Hood, Ferguson and surely one D. Ivey] will more than likely all go around again. Brett McMaster will be his non playing assistant.

Any news on the other clubs in the hunt?

I personally don't think there is all that much improvement in the current group of Cowwarr. I think this because they are and still will be coached well, ( despite Mcmaster who i rate highly) they also have a mature group (unlike say a heyfield, meaning they have alot of players in mid twenties and older) the loss of Mcmaster will also hurt.

If they pick up a couple of handy players as they seem to do then they will
challenge and really push hard if not I don't think they will quite be able to knock off a glen or sale city, personally I think with potter coaching and with king having less burden (hopefully he stays fit) that Glengarry are the side to beat, if they keep there group together.

What it is proving with all these clubs looking, is that it is hard to get a coach. When you have a good one or a chance too get one you need to lock them away. Hopefully clubs will start looking at coaches with a bit more substance rather than the higher grade playing coaches that dominate the minor leagues, I think a good example of this is Crow at Heart sorry Daniel Sandemann, who despite not being a massive known name has done well, from all reports with a young and largely lesser known list he produced some good results in the second half of the year, which I think probably came down to his coaching skills rather than who he is and what he has done as player

Rumour has it skip domaile has signed with wonthaggi

Yep, Skip to Wonthaggi. Good move for the bloke who has been Gormy's best midfielder for the last decade (since he was 18) and among the best in the comp (without the recognition) for the last 5 years.

Stix is an interesting appointment. Whether he plays or not will also be a point of interest. Despite being a very good player right up to his shoulder injury, he (and the club) might just be best served with him on the sidelines and grooming the next generation.

From a Gormy point of view, they probably have to look a little longer term than clubs often do and aim for that elusive flag in 3-4 years - not next year. Stix might just be the man to see that out and take them there.

[Or he might not!!!]

What are your thoughts pumper? Interesting indeed!
Don't think he's the answer long term, but good short term appointment. The bloke bleeds yellow and black, and he has the respect of the entire playing list. Everyone respects his playing ability, but the test for him will be the transition from off-field larrikan to disciplinarian. I'm just glad they've made an appointment, as the longer you go coachless, the more chance of your playing list going elsewhere.

Skippy is definitely gone. I don't think anyone from the Club would hold it against him, as he's been a magnificent player for them, and will undoubtedly return to the club in the next couple of years. I reckon a few from the top 10 in the B & F voting will be gone. Gormy will have to go flat out on the recruiting, as they are behind the 8 ball, due to being almost the last Club to appoint a Coach.

That was my original thought about sticks, very much a gormandale person even this year I saw him running water in the seconds at heyfield, they were getting flogged too, always been a top footballer and a good bloke, Not sure how much of a footy head or how seriously he took his footy, (well actually he was pretty serious he used to punch alot of blokes and bag out Trent Anderson alot) but hopefully he shakes that larrikin tag and it all works out well. You only get one chance with a playing group and from the very first time you take charge you have to set the guidelines and attitude on how you want to operate but mainly stick firm to it, for gormandale's sake I hope he takes the club upwards

Y
Hi All.

APOLOGIES! I have spoken to my source at swifts creek again and has confirmed it is 40 thousand to attract a new playing coach as Grant mooney has been in discussions with Lakes Entrance,Stratford and Lindenow as well as 2 quality players.

This amounts to $13,300 per Coach/Player and sounds much nearer to what seems realistic. If this is correct who are the NGNFL players you would expect to be sounded out for this kind of cash?

Have not seen him play but apparently Tom Sturgess has really improved although it may be because he is now in the EGFL rather than a higher standard league

Haha thanks mate n binger. I haven't been offered a contract at swifts creek. Someones been getting fed a load of shit. Ill be at sale next year n hopefully win my 3rd senior flag. 40 k would be nice tho haha. Noel would take it though the bloody slippery gypsy but he might find it hard on one leg.

Anyone heard anything about woodside?

It looks like a great divide this year even this early! The only real improvement will probably come from Rosedale, Glengarry and Cowwarr will stay relatively the same. Sale City are unknown as they are reliant on a few rather than there depth. Whilst Churchill and Tyers I assume will be near enough.

But that's not the concern Gormandale, Heyfield and Woodside are looking at declining or staying the same, whilst Boisdale should improve but unfortunately don't have the quality to push hard.

There is going to be a massive gap between the top six and bottom four!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats happening at ttu heard bout 7 of last years senior side have left can't be good sign for the club
Should be top 3 next year, but won't be. Had an ordinary off-season. Made a massive mistake with their coaching appointment. I would have thrown the kitchen sink at Veg Snr to Coach. Would have been ideal for their young group.

They have made the same mistakes as numerous other Clubs in the past, and have focused all their attention on new recruits, while ignoring several of the incumbent players who have been their for years, hence their departure. Have picked up a couple of the better Tgon 3rds, but last year proved you don't win a North Gippy flag with kids.

Should be top 3 next year, but won't be. Had an ordinary off-season. Made a massive mistake with their coaching appointment. I would have thrown the kitchen sink at Veg Snr to Coach. Would have been ideal for their young group.

They have made the same mistakes as numerous other Clubs in the past, and have focused all their attention on new recruits, while ignoring several of the incumbent players who have been their for years, hence their departure. Have picked up a couple of the better Tgon 3rds, but last year proved you don't win a North Gippy flag with kids.

Adam Brady signed Morwell East!!

Re: Mid Gippy 2011

Welcome to north gippy football they have to spend money the 90% of the players don't even live in the towns they play for. They come from tarragon, sale, Melbourne I think no one lives in cowwar and they spend mega bucks!!!

Re: Mid Gippy 2011

Can any one confirm who morwell east have signed as players. Rumor has it they are paying gormandale & TTU fringe players around $200 to $250 a game and none of them are even 6 feet tall. Has there captain Wes amolos signed with newbrough????
This is true to a certain extent as a follower of north gippsland my understanding is the players recruited from gormy and ttu r all regular senior players wouldnt say fringe but definately not worth any $ in my opinion. From gormy i have heard Ben and Frank Marks, Ben was runner up in gormy b&f this yr and played back flank/loose, Frank a silky left footer the better of the two and i would say the best recruit. From TTU Adam Brady and Justin Palmer both average to good players Palmer a north gippsland team of the yr member a few times.

About your other comment about noone living in the towns i think u need a bit more homework on that as im sure alot of churchill players grew up there, same as rosedale and sale, TTU stands for traralgon tyers united and id say majority would be from traralgon. Gormy and cowwarr do get alot from traralgon but both r very small towns and require players from elsewhere to field a side. Heyfelid and the others all have alot of homegrown footballers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back