Number 17 - Hayden Ballantyne (pick 21 2008 ND)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wondering how he went on the weekend. Do you think he will hold his spot. How many games do u think he will play for the rest of the year
Try the DT thread next time, but I'd say he will hold his spot for the next game. If he does well there then he is every chance to keep playing for the rest of the year barring injury.

Re: Ballantyne @ 21???

I hope im wrong but it looks like this draft has been one disaster after another.

Haha just found this great call from everyone's favourite pretend Freo supporter.

Still early days of course but I think it's already safe to say that this was the best draft Freo have ever done ever.

I'll admit I thought picking Ballantyne at 21 would turn out to be a mistake, but in the few games he played for us, he showed us what the coaches could see all along. Good call Freo!

I'll admit I thought picking Ballantyne at 21 would turn out to be a mistake, but in the few games he played for us, he showed us what the coaches could see all along. Good call Freo!

I can't recall posts suggesting Ballantyne was not a decent player, though there may have been. The questions were always to my mind about selecting a forward pocket at that selection, significantly above where most seemed to predict his value lay, while had/have a crying need for some quality talls and midfielders. That is, the question marks were not over Ballantyne, they were over our selection mindset. Regardless, that is water under the bridge, and he looks like he will become a regular.

I would have thought Balla lives in one of these:

amanita-muscaria-or-fly-agaric12.jpg

Just read the first page and half of ya made ya selves look like tools. Ballas @ 21 was a bargain. i would of picked him up under 10 and be still satisfied.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went missing against St Kilda. Went missing against Collingwood untill junk time touches were up for grabs.

Not good enough Ballas.

I thought he gave us a bit of zip and life at times when he pushed up-field throughout the match.

You can't seriously be blaming a forward pocket for *only* getting 14 touches and 2 goals when it was practically a graveyard up forward tonight.

The first two weeks he had 5 tackles and 7 tackles.

Since then he has had: 2,3,3,3,1,1

Averaging 2 tackles for the past 6 rounds. Thats a significant drop off.

To put it into perspective, Hill has had: 5,5,2,3,3,3. Averaging 3.5 tackles a game.

Nat Fyfe has had: 2,5,1,3. Averaging just under 3 tackles a game.

I'm a fan of him, but i don't feel his past month and a half, for the most part, have not been up to scratch.

Perhaps a little less gobbing off and shit stirring may help.

The guy is trying his guts out. Crowleys long goal at the Subi end that has been credited to a small Hilly toe poke was actually much more due to his hustle. He put pressure on the kicker then buttered up in a 3 on 1 contest to force the spillage back to Hill. Very very good player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back