Number 24 - Adam Campbell

Remove this Banner Ad

The bug K1W1 >>> Everything and everyone.

In the last part of the season when he was getting a consistent run in the forward line, there were periods where this bloke was absolutely dominant and in everything. His hunger for the contest, strong hands, reliable kicking and most of all his pure, unadulterated passion and enthusiasm will see him cement a spot in the 22 next season.

Anyone who can take a hanger like this (giving hope to people around Australia with little athleticism that they too may one day be able to take a hanger) will have little trouble getting some love from this corner.

kiwiscreamer.jpg

Fear not, good purple folk. The bug K!W1 is only humouring us with his late start to the season. It is a test. Those who maintain their faith in the big unit from the Shaky Isles will be rewarded with some sort of feeling of footballing nirvana when the great man is once again able to grace the field with his presence.

Back up and about, bashing skulls and making a mess for West Perth. That's my K!W1.

He kicked a lazy 2.1 in his first match for the season (in round two v Sowfs) and managed to steal the ball away from TLo a whole five times before he went off pretending to be hurt for the sake of the hapless Bulldogs defence. In his last match, round three v Sewerbiaco, he did a great job of distracting TLo and found the ball twelve times, catching it five times and kicking 3.3.

West Perth have the bye next week so clearly the only logical solution is to unleash him upon the masses for Freo.

Bring him STRAIGHT in.
We need him, we need someone with passion, attack on the ball and has a presence in the 50m arc.

Come in KIWI!

15 touches, 8 marks and 4.2 for Peel reserves this weekend. Much easier to get the ball without TLo around. Another game for West Perth to get a little more fitness, then surely a call up will not be far away. We are dying for a forward target and this bloke happens to be a very good one.

I'm with ya, Kev. I want to see more of those hangers at "record low altitudes" that you mentioned. GOLD!:D

Unleash the bug K1W1!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would say thats half the reason he hasn't been called up yet, he ain't doing bugger all.

What i meant was, even though he didn't do anything that weekend, he's kicked 2.1, 3.3, 4.2 for the Peel Reserves, 1, 2, and 0 for West Perth, i'd have thought Harvey would have at least named him as an emergency. what gives?

What i meant was, even though he didn't do anything that weekend, he's kicked 2.1, 3.3, 4.2 for the Peel Reserves, 1, 2, and 0 for West Perth, i'd have thought Harvey would have at least named him as an emergency. what gives?

I think Harvey's trying not to play around with the line up too much, and Murphy is playing, well... adequately enough to keep his place.

I think Zac Clarke may have leapfrogged him and is probably next in contention for a spot.

Only saw a half, but boy he was ordinary.

Prefer Murph in the team, which says a lot.

But I'd prefer us to blood ZC in the forward line, or my preferred option, playing MiJ there more permanently.

I think Harvey's trying not to play around with the line up too much, and Murphy is playing, well... adequately enough to keep his place.

I think Zac Clarke may have leapfrogged him and is probably next in contention for a spot.

He doesn`t do a lot but he is throwing his body in a bit more lately and those 2 goals on Sat were very nice:thumbsu:

The door, K!W1, the door! It has swung open violently and now I implore you to charge! Go forth and plunder Port Adelaide this week, leave their bodies battered, bruised and disfigured*! Leave their goal umpires with a dire need of new ballpoint pens and chiropractic appointments! Your home country with a burning desire to pick up an AFL licence so all the kiddies can follow their new hero! Your adoring fans with a need to change their pants! The time has come!

*(moreso than usual)

That'd be f'king right, wouldn't it? Grrrrr...

I feel a tad silly basing my analysis of the K!W1's return to footy on a good solid 10-15 minutes of play, but he offered more in that time than Murphy typically offers in an entire game. To be perfectly honest, it was more than Elvis has been providing up forward too.

He should've kicked that first goal and then he had a hand in a few more good attacking plays. Bring him back in ASAP... he's a good target who demands the ball and makes things happen when he's around the contest.

He should've kicked that first goal and then he had a hand in a few more good attacking plays. Bring him back in ASAP... he's a good target who demands the ball and makes things happen when he's around the contest.

I think he might be the player that Murphy should have been. Seems to be able to lead and mark well enough. Could prove to be a headache for many teams if he can kick straight. He and Ballantyne could really create a damaging forward line.

Pretty poor luck to have the biggest player in the league run in to you on your return :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back