Remove this Banner Ad

leonmagic

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Feb 16, 2003
themagpiesnest.tk
Other Teams
Collingwood. Forever.
This may sound a tad strange at first, but hear me out.

So far this season, and from what we can all see it will be like this indefinately, the Collingwood Football Club are struggling. There have been a few pies supporters calling for heads, some calling for the coach's, some for the players, etc.

On many boards eg. Nick's, etc. many pies fans are becoming restless, unsettled and angry.

It is NOW we must unite together - as only the fans of the mighty Collingwood Football Club can. By that, I mean we do NOT turn on eachother - when brentoncowell rates BK, respect that oppinion by not shoutin him down or insulting the person he is. We are as one - each a proud member of the Black & White army that is the Collingwood Football Club.

So herein lies my proposal:

As a unique touch of symbolic strength, I propose that we (members of the BigFooty community) Magpie faithfull each recieve a number, same as the playing list. I wouldn't know exactly how many there are of us on this site (maybe 40-50??) but I think this could work.

Requests can be made if this proposal is deemed good enough, but I'd like to hear feedback first.

Remember: this is NOT a ranking system - No.1 isn't the best, and No.28 ( ;) ) isn't the worst - it's simply a touch of unity a a time where we need it most. I'm thinking we could place the number under our username, or once again maybe others have suggestions.

I can understand if no-one's up for this, but give it some thought and think of the positive show of strength and unity this will show the rest of the BigFooty team. Who knows - it may catch on.

Cheers,

leonmagic.

i want no: 5 or i'm not playing.:p

seriously, overall i think that collingwood supporters on this site are generally respectful towards each other and always jump in to support against the rest of the filth on the main board.

opinions are always going to differ and that will inevitably lead to some heated exchanges. but as far as i've seen, they're in the minority.

let's just leave it at that i say, and we'll all leave our tension to be directed at the filth, not amongst each other.

having said that, BK really is a dud and needs to go. being in survivor mode atm i wish we could hold a tribal council and vote him off.

(.....................waiting for brenton...........................)

We are running like a pile of sheeps entrails....but........

The club has always been a seething and volatile cauldron of discontent and fractious scepticism.
That is what makes it Collingwood.
It's not a religous club, its more like a quarrelsome family.
That is what has given the club such a colourfull and dramatic history.
There is always a heckler, always a sceptic, always some dope that starts a rumour or mis hears what the president has just said.
If we were all one like thinking entity, it would be a tapestry woven in the one coloured thread.
We all support Collingwood but opinions are like snowflakes all very similar but ultimately all very different.

I don't know about the show of unity idea.
I
f you can't take pot shots at the president the coaching or some stuff up by the administration then that tends to drain all of the colour out of the club.
Love the colour. But also love the arguements.
Mind you I did say 'arguements' not 'abuse' which is a symbol of imbecilic childishness.

The president did state the day after the GF
"we are going to trade hard, draft hard, train hard and succeed again next year".

If your gonna get up and make gaffes like those your going to fire up some of the more impatient supporters when your club leads the clanger count and may be the first team ever in the history of the AFL to go from a grand final to the wooden spoon in the space of one season.

Nothing wrong with a little curry in the club it's not a 'walk for want' drive.

still 'carn the 'pies. Even when where down we still have more character than the other 15 pie faced loon clubs.

Quite frankly if being last on the ladder doesn't make Collingwood supporters bloody edgy then there is something wrong. No need to tear the walls down but we shouldn't be willing accept whatever happens on the chin just in the name of loyalty. I'm not about to start a war just yet but by God if I don't things are going to improve because someone isn’t doing a good enough job I will be happy to. Too many of us sat on our arses in the 90's and did nothing. Thanks Christ Eddie wasn't one of them/us and did something.

I don’t want to see needles criticism or anything but please say so if you are unhappy with anything at Collingwood. Let’s be united but not blinded.

I have to admit though, I have no idea what the heck this number system is supposed to achieve though. I have no problem with it and good on you leonmagic for coming up with something but what the heck is it you have come with exactly? we all get numbers and then what?

• Banned
Originally posted by MarkT

have to admit though, I have no idea what the heck this number system is supposed to achieve though. I have no problem with it and good on you leonmagic for coming up with something but what the heck is it you have come with exactly? we all get numbers and then what?

Just to show that when you're a Collingwood member of BigFooty, you're joining a family on here.

When new magpie fans join, they can either choose or be allocated a BigFooty magpie supporter number.

Just an idea, it all depends on the feedback obviously but so far it's looks like:

5. Tomaraya
9. The Scarecrow
26. Leonmagic
36. Grayza

i think it is a good idea, it unites the pies fans on BigFooty
i took #36 cos i am a fan of swannie...was in the right frame of mind there? ill stick with 36 anyway:)

• Banned
Originally posted by grayza
i think it is a good idea, it unites the pies fans on BigFooty
i took #36 cos i am a fan of swannie...was in the right frame of mind there? ill stick with 36 anyway:)

Yep for sure - you can choose your number based on anything.

I had to toss up between Daics and Rowdy...but Rowdy won out. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by MarkT
Billy Picken's number 25 for me since Kevin Worthington's 27 is taken. Now what the heck do I do with this number?

Not much for now - but you've got the number.

It's no huge thing, just a number for you to use as a BigFooty Collingwood Supporter Number - maybe people could throw it under their username eg. *BigFooty Magpie Supporter No.25* or something, but it's no use doing it unless everyone's up for it.

Even if only for the short-term, it's something different and it shows to everyone on the site that we are one, through thick and thin.

Still a bit mystified as to what this all means but I'll give it a go. If its intended purpose is to take our minds off the disasterous on-field goings on, then I'm all for it.

12 For me - Twiggy Dunne, (that shows my age)

I really want #28, but how can you take it over the main man of the BK ARMY. So i will honour the number 28 to brentoncowell.

I Will take #30, the jumper number worn by Ben from 1998-2000. Go Benny.

I've recorded all the numbers and I'll post the list latter tonight.

If we get the VAST majority (eg. 90+%) interested then I'll think of the best way to act on it all.

Keep them coming, and I'm not sure about #42 but I really can't see the harm in it.

So Monster Joe, at this stage you can have #42 unless anyone thinks it should be retired, but what would be your second preference just incase?

Originally posted by leonmagic
I've recorded all the numbers and I'll post the list latter tonight.

If we get the VAST majority (eg. 90+%) interested then I'll think of the best way to act on it all.

Keep them coming, and I'm not sure about #42 but I really can't see the harm in it.

So Monster Joe, at this stage you can have #42 unless anyone thinks it should be retired, but what would be your second preference just incase?

Definately retired. If its good enough for the club should be good enough for this board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Number proposal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back