NXT Discussion Thread (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

While it doesn't necessarily need to be rock/metal. Needs to be up tempo to get you in the mood. Don't think SmackDown or NXT themes hit that brief.

Even though the first theme wasn't, IMO Raw at the very least be rock/metal. It's a modern idea not limited to wrestling but don't know why there's a need to constantly rebrand. Dynamite (best theme for a show since Thorn in your Eye) and Collision themes were great as is too.

I hope Raw going to Netflix returns to some of that.

Rock / Metal might be more our go in Aus but the SD and NXT theme no doubt is aimed at that American culture like the NBA games are filled with this sort of music.

Should be more along the lines of MMA. UFC "Face the Pain" one of the great PPV themes they used but was so good that they wanted to distance themselves from the early days and stopped using it.

EPL with Fire by Kasabian for the Matchday intro, NBA on NBC some all time GOAT sporting intros. Got you in the mood.

Always should have music that gets your blood pumping watching sport.

NXT and SmackDown themes feel I'm navigating the WWE 2K series game menus.

While it doesn't necessarily need to be rock/metal. Needs to be up tempo to get you in the mood. Don't think SmackDown or NXT themes hit that brief.

Even though the first theme wasn't, IMO Raw at the very least be rock/metal. It's a modern idea not limited to wrestling but don't know why there's a need to constantly rebrand. Dynamite (best theme for a show since Thorn in your Eye) and Collision themes were great as is too.

I hope Raw going to Netflix returns to some of that.

Should be more along the lines of MMA. UFC "Face the Pain" one of the great PPV themes they used but was so good that they wanted to distance themselves from the early days and stopped using it.

EPL with Fire by Kasabian for the Matchday intro, NBA on NBC some all time GOAT sporting intros. Got you in the mood.

Always should have music that gets your blood pumping watching sport.

NXT and SmackDown themes feel I'm navigating the WWE 2K series game menus.
Your bottom line is spot on and more so NBA2K Menu music but it's probably where majority of the American culture/music base is right now. I am sure they do research on these things before they make the change.

Personally I couldn't care less really , skip the intro almost every time if watching on replay anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

NXT Discussion Thread (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back