Oasis split - noel quits

Remove this Banner Ad

Was going to happen sooner rather than later. But I am glad this has happened, they have exhausted all their creativity I think as a group. Though it will be interesting to hear Noel's solo work.

Whats the Story was my favourite album before I really got into music, so it still has a special place in my heart. Champagne Supernova is their masterpiece and still one of my favourite songs until this day.

Might give it a run for old times sake =D

Unfortunately 1994-95 was their halcyon period, very unsustained period of success. But those two years were superb. Pity they just tried to reproduce the same result in every album afterwards. Could of reinvented themselves, but instead became known as an unfortunate one (or perhaps two) trick pony.

was easily Noels prime for writing songs (just listen to the songs they left off WTSMG). Success came quickly for them and rocky relationships with the Gallaghers have probaly stopped them from spending a lot of time in the studio to make better albums.

people say their albums dont stack up to their first two, but what other bands have albums that have?

was easily Noels prime for writing songs (just listen to the songs they left off WTSMG). Success came quickly for them and rocky relationships with the Gallaghers have probaly stopped them from spending a lot of time in the studio to make better albums.

people say their albums dont stack up to their first two, but what other bands have albums that have?

Firstly, I'm also incredibly saddened by this, as now I'll probably won't be able to see my favourite band perform live. I was lucky enough to see the Noel and Gem tour in IIRC 06, but them's the breaks.

Secondly, I completely agree with this crownie. I immediately thought of Metallica, and they've got some of the most die hard fans on the planet that have refused to listen to anything after the AJFA album. It's not like this is confined to just Oasis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they don't get back together, which wouldn't be a big surprise I hope they do go on without Noel. I don't think they could make a particularly good album, but at least they might still tour and play their old songs. Granted without Noel it wouldn't be the same, but it'd be something

I think Noel's solo albums could be pretty darn good :thumbsu:

Pretty upset, only got into them not too long after the DBTT tour so I never got to see them live either. :(

Definitely more interested in what Noel goes on to do now, can't imagine the rest of them being able to put together a good album without him. Noel's voice has aged a hell of a lot better than Liam's as well.

LOL. Honestly, if you think Oasis are more of a Rock n' Roll band than Pearl Jam, then you clearly have no ****ing idea, but then again, you defended Nickelback in another thread. Credibility = shot. :eek:

Oasis are shit, good riddance.

oo la de da.

no one has proved my statement wrong yet.

i know im right anyway :cool:

p.s pearl jam more rock and roll then Oasis? you have just lamed yourself there LOL!

oo la de da.

no one has proved my statement wrong yet.

i know im right anyway :cool:

p.s pearl jam more rock and roll then Oasis? you have just lamed yourself there LOL!
He's right. Defending Nickelback leaves you with zero credibility. Next you'll be proclaiming "Lips of an Angel" the best song ever.

I think this is gret news for Noel. He doesn't need those other tossers.

And Nickelback ARE shite. Why would they be mentioned in any discussion about music, unless its about bands which suck, and are called Nickleback?

from allmusic.com

"Liam Gallagher has started a new band with his former Oasis bandmates -- minus his older brother Noel. Guitarist Gem Archer, bassist Andy Bell, and drummer Chris Sharrock are working with Gallagher on new material; Gallagher promised in an Italian radio interview that this version of the group (which will have a new name) will make their live debut in a few months. "

Im glad they are doing it under a new name, hopefully they get some success and put Noel under some pressure to release some good stuff.

Firstly, I'm also incredibly saddened by this, as now I'll probably won't be able to see my favourite band perform live. I was lucky enough to see the Noel and Gem tour in IIRC 06, but them's the breaks.

Secondly, I completely agree with this crownie. I immediately thought of Metallica, and they've got some of the most die hard fans on the planet that have refused to listen to anything after the AJFA album. It's not like this is confined to just Oasis

It was a good point. WTSMG remains one of my favourite albums of all time, and I will always treasure it as the first album I truly fell in love with. DM and BHN were good, but not brilliant. I don't have any time for their other albums.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oasis split - noel quits

Remove this Banner Ad

Back