Oasis split - noel quits

Remove this Banner Ad

Cool, where did you see that
Couple of stories this morning - the Sun published a ‘source’ saying that he was officially confirmed and in the promo videos if you have a look he’s the only other member from previous footage that is shown. Plus he’s been playing with Liam at his live shows. He’s still mates with both of them.

That to me is the essence of the band. Alan White had a very distinctive style during the albums he was on - played a lot of triplets and stuff but he was also no more important than the metronome style of Tony McCarroll (which Noel himself could imitate and record anyway albeit not with the same accuracy). Guigs had maybe the easiest job in rock and roll - playing bass with Oasis.

Chance of international dates?

Early rumour was 5-6 American shows, this was the same leak that had them playing Glastonbury and 10 shows at Wembley so it shouldn't be fully trusted.

They were not exactly big in America so I say if America gets dates then Australia is a chance.

Maybe a one off show at Perth stadium like Coldplay.

Early rumour was 5-6 American shows, this was the same leak that had them playing Glastonbury and 10 shows at Wembley so it shouldn't be fully trusted.

They were not exactly big in America so I say if America gets dates then Australia is a chance.

Maybe a one off show at Perth stadium like Coldplay.

Perth? You're having a laugh.

Perth? You're having a laugh.

No, I was being serious. And that was before I saw this.

I would prefer them playing Perth Stadium over any stadium in Sydney or Melbourne.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-08-30 at 4.17.46 am.png
    Screen Shot 2024-08-30 at 4.17.46 am.png
    233.6 KB · Views: 16
Coldplay are shit. Don't think we should even be mentioning them in the same sentence.

This.

If I had any sort of disposable savings I would be putting it towards a trip to the mother country as I cannot imagine anything like seeing Oasis play over there after a 15 year hiatus, particularly as Liam seems to be singing better recently than he was for probably the last 10 years they were in existence. But I will happily settle for an Australian gig.

The closest I’ve been was seeing Noel open for U2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oasis split - noel quits

Remove this Banner Ad

Back